Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Picross and Animal Crossing are my low energy games for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

very little surprises me these days but i am actually somehow surprised that Persona 5 Strikers is not in fact a soccer game

i only realized this just now because yahtzees review of it. but given i cant play p5, and likely never will this, i will just keep imagining the soccer spinoff which sounds like something id try whether or not i ever got into p5

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That's my secret Cap. I'm always low energy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ace Attorney too. Really any kind of VN, light simulation or puzzle game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

i only realized this just now because yahtzees review of it. but given i cant play p5, and likely never will this, i will just keep imagining the soccer spinoff which sounds like something id try whether or not i ever got into p5

Yahtzee still exists...dang

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have contemplated the method, mentioned by both Tim Rogers and Austin Walker, of playing DQ11 as a ritual before bed. (Rogers adds the idea of taking a bath before and drinking a glass of milk as well, popular across Japan apparently)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Khanstant posted:

I'm confused, isn't hack n slasher just a shallower "fast dark souls?" It looks like you can just mash your attack buttons at the enemies... what is missing from the hack n slash element?

No. Maybe it’s changed to suit a different style but the Dark Alliance games had you at a more top down style. It was more about waves of enemies and making sure that you managed health and mp while getting poo poo tons of loot. The Dark Alliance games and Champions of Norrath were in my books pinnacles of that style of game.

They weren’t an action RPG’s where the camera was behind your back like Dark Souls and this new Dark Alliance seems to be doing. I loved the Dark Alliance games so a company using the name and going “we’re making something that has absolutely nothing to do with what the Dark Alliance games were” just looks like poo poo to me.

I get it, it’s not a style of game that would work these days. It just sucks because how nostalgic I am about Dark Alliance 1 & 2.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That's my secret Cap. I'm always low energy.

:same:

:(:hf::smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dark Alliance had way more in common with Diablo and Dungeon Siege than Dark Souls in its own time. It’s an isometric ARPG with slightly more effort put into the story than these games usually have.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish we had good pc ports of the x-men legends and marvel ultimate alliance games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have contemplated the method, mentioned by both Tim Rogers and Austin Walker, of playing DQ11 as a ritual before bed. (Rogers adds the idea of taking a bath before and drinking a glass of milk as well, popular across Japan apparently)

I can personally speak to the immense satisfaction of a hot evening bath immediately followed by an ice cold drink.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I can personally speak to the immense satisfaction of a hot evening bath immediately followed by an ice cold drink.

I combine the two and have a nice, hot bath while enjoying a nice, cold glass of water.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

The ultimate final form of this experience - the shower beer

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

:hmmyes:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I never understood the appeal. Your beer would get all watery, which is a sin.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waterproof beer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't have a bathtub so what I've been doing is having a foot soak (hot water and epsom crystals) while drinking a beer and reading the Earthsea Saga before then taking a shower

Just need to add DQ11 to the end

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cardiovorax posted:

I never understood the appeal. Your beer would get all watery, which is a sin.

simply use your lightning reflexes and webbed fingers to block any water that might get in the beer

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Yahtzee still exists...dang

it actually kinda blows my mind that not only is zero punctuation still going with exactly the same format it's always had but that it's still pretty dang funny

and the intro song is still killer

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Before I nuked my battlenet account, Heroes of the Storm was my go-to for "I don't wanna do jack squat today" games. Nowadays, I tend to flop between non-Inferno EDF sessions and Doom WADs for mindless entertainment.

Man, I should see if Quake Champions still has a playerbase...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diffuse water from the showerhead does not get into the narrow opening of your beer bottle.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Relax Or DIE posted:

simply use your lightning reflexes and webbed fingers to block any water that might get in the beer
What if I don't have those? I only moved to Innsmouth recently, I'm not a native.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

god CrossCode just never loving turns it off, does it

bloody exhausting

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

great game, mind

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

drink beer that is already mostly water imo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

fornite looks better than i remember

Cardiovorax posted:

What if I don't have those? I only moved to Innsmouth recently, I'm not a native.

then you should drink more of the water!!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Since the Elder Scrolls games hit Game Pass I installed Morrowind and have been pottering around in it. Teen Mode 7 bought the game when it came out having been introduced to the Elder Scrolls via, of all things, Redguard (I never finished it naturally because man Redguard is rough). Back then I found the game way too obtuse and never really got anywhere in the story, mostly just making a thief character and going around indiscriminately stealing and murdering from random commoners. So this is really my first "proper" attempt at playing through the game.

I've thrown some community patches on there but am otherwise leaving the game vanilla and honestly even with all the draw distance fog everywhere there's something incredibly compelling about the weird environmental design. The music swelling as I wandered around Seyda Neen was a wonderful punch of half remembered nostalgia, and now that I'm an adult I'm doing wild things like actually reading the reams of text spewed at me by every NPC and it's wonderful just being able to get lost in a world like this. I made a Dunmer custom-class knight and combat is about as bad as I remember but I'm getting my long blade skill up slowly and I feel like it won't be too long before I'm proficient enough that everything becomes a little more smooth. I've got enough combat skill to smash the face in of the assassin that attacked me (which I think is a Tribunal expansion thing?) and that's great because his armor was exceedingly valuable and let me splurge a little.

I don't know if I have the patience for a full playthrough these days, but I don't think I've played anything quite like Morrowind in terms of worldbuilding and immersion and also I've fallen down a lore-hole on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages and can't get out, no seriously please help I spent a good ninety minutes last night reading about Bretons and the Reachmen it's not even relevant to the poo poo I'm doing in-game.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Savior of Sapphire wings continues to not be a total nightmare game which is basically the most I ask of dungeon crawlers. So far it's leaning pretty heavily on the easier side, actually, I almost never need to leave dungeons and heal and I haven't done any grinding yet. And there's a lot of grinding I could be doing - there are these places called Trap Zones where if you put down some cooking items, you can summon a special encounter that will give you a treasure chest filled with new equipment you can either use or melt down to boost your meta-progression

Also they do a really interesting gameplay/narrative merger where the big bad evil guy's special skill is the Charm status ailment, and so boss fights are centered around the enemies using party-wide charm skills you need to mitigate via skills you've learned via upgrading your social links or through the Druid's abilities

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 18, 2021

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Ubisoft collectathon games are good if you don't want to be 100% focused on games, listen to a podcast or put on a non challenging tv show you've seen before and just bumble around finding 100 Hidden Blades or w/e don't worry about missions. You get the good feeling of number going up and if you want to play the game properly later you've done all the dull stuff and can do only fun content.

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 18, 2021

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/UniNewsToday/status/1372319301768597504

What are you doing out in public without a mask on you are like sixty-eight years old.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wish i had a low energy game but i just get bored

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

god CrossCode just never loving turns it off, does it

bloody exhausting

Hello!

True Blue Triumph
Apr 10, 2009

homeless snail posted:

everyday genius squarelogic

Felt miserable today and fired this up for the first time in years and can't recommend it enough

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the year or two that squarelogic was not available for sale because of some publisher thing, is among the darkest moments in human history

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/UniNewsToday/status/1372319301768597504

What are you doing out in public without a mask on you are like sixty-eight years old.

Japan started vaccinations recently, maybe he got one?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CubeTheory posted:

Japan started vaccinations recently, maybe he got one?

Yeah I hope so.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have discovered the existence of "miso butter."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Which version is this, because if it's the pc version then load up a save from another level texture set and then quickload back to there for a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

Chat thread!

I am, once again, asking for your posts.

Someone in... I think it was the Steam thread but I can't find the post once shared a screenshot of their Steam categories and they were separated by "Energy levels", having Low/Mid/High/Weird energy categories, which I think it's a brilliant way of deciding what to play depending on where your head's at.

So, thread, tell me about your "low energy" games.

Peggle and peggle 2 depending if I wish to be how energy on a console or pc. Just aim and click and watch and do it again and again and again. :)