Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

glad noone tried to pretend they forgot Max "MadLad" Chilton who always brought the car home safe until some reckless european crashed into him

We can't forget Max Chilton because he finished ahed of Failnando Badlonso in some weird circle dirt track race in bumfuck nowhere in america called the indy 500 whatever the gently caress that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

damon hill lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Are Damo was another casualty of Williams/Head hubris. First they lost Are Nige, then Are Adrian and now look at them, a racing team owned by Doritos. Shameful.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Theophany posted:

Are Damo was another casualty of Williams/Head hubris. First they lost Are Nige, then Are Adrian and now look at them, a racing team owned by Doritos. Shameful.

thats right. gently caress williams imo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NtotheTC posted:

glad noone tried to pretend they forgot Max "MadLad" Chilton who always brought the car home safe until some reckless european crashed into him

Unlike other maxes in F1

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's very easy to bring the car home safe when you're too slow to be on the same piece of track as another driver except under blue flags

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Thank god you returned to the thread to defend the honour of mediocre british drivers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The sun never sets on mediocre white men

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK9Ix7x9s6k

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Remember when Sky put that mission impossible camera in Hulkenburg’s eye and then ruined it by allowing Ted to get all nerdy instead of just showing the drat lap.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Must be a very phallic steering wheel.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Every broacaster who doesn't shut up on the onboard cams should be murdered imo

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Narain Karthikeyan, holder of the F1 record for being the only driver in history that's finished a race in 24th place.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’d say Heikki Kovalainen was the least memorable McLaren driver but Martin Brundle once did a “which McLaren driver are you” quiz and found out that he, a former Mc!aren driver, wasn’t in it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I’d say Heikki Kovalainen was the least memorable McLaren driver but Martin Brundle once did a “which McLaren driver are you” quiz and found out that he, a former Mc!aren driver, wasn’t in it.

That's because Heikki is infinitely better than Brundle

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

your friend wicka posted:

That's because Heikki is infinitely better than Brundle

My dog has thrown up socks better than Brundle.

He stole an onion, you are welcome.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

learnincurve posted:

Heikki made mark webber fly for the second time in his racing career and I'll always remember him for that.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Fast Heikki broke the speed trap that one time and was a nice guy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"FAST" HEIKKI KOVALAINEN
Wins: 1
Everybody loves him: Yes

"FARTIN" MARTIN BRUNDLE
Wins: 0
Everybody loves him: No

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My son has a lovely framed photograph of what he thinks is Lewis’ McLaren on his wall, I do not have the heart to tell him it’s actually Fast Heikki.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Heikki had a cool Angry Birds helmet

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

"FAST" HEIKKI KOVALAINEN

"FARTIN" MARTIN BRUNDLE

:hmmyes:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

"FAST" HEIKKI KOVALAINEN

"FARTIN" MARTIN BRUNDLE

Checks out, OP

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

I reckon Mark Blundell was the more forgettable driver for McLaren compared to Brundle

I still remember an article in a car magazine at that time which said that "Blundell had Mansell's whinge, but not his wins"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Get in there Lewis

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

"FARTIN" MARTIN BRUNDLE

Shartin Bunghole

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
fartin senna trashed me every time and i almost died on australia bumble

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Ralf Firman and Will Stevens.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I like it in on Martin's grid walk where celebrities will try to get away from him whilst trying not to look like total assholes on live TV.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jolyon Palmer

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

Jolyon Palmer

I like that everyone one of his columns includes something along the lines of "I was an f1 driver" because everyone forgets.

Was it palmer that brundle constantly tried to talk up?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Godson and he was his manager so taking a cut.

HUGE SHOCK that Palmer and Brundles son were the dull fucks doing testing commentary.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

I like that everyone one of his columns includes something along the lines of "I was an f1 driver" because everyone forgets.

Was it palmer that brundle constantly tried to talk up?

Yes, he was his manager so had to keep him fresh in everyone's mind.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's funny how Brundle devolved from "quick-witted acerbic quipster" (I'm thinking how he and DC managed to keep the looooong red-flag period at Canada 2011 entertaining throughout) to "tedious old fart". The rot must have started when he took the Murdoch shilling and went to Sky at the end of that year.

Random fact: Jeff Goldblum's character in The Fly was named Brundle after him. His son in The Fly II was called... Martin Brundle.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Brundle's son is indistinguishable apart from being less jaded. Sky should just switch them and see if anyone notices

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The most forgettable is definitely Jolyon Palmer, a man who regularly tells us he used to race in formula one but who I always forget about until he reminds us.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jolyon Palmer is a nice man who does well in the commentary box and he and Alex Brundle should get a shot at commentating.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/18/f1-reveals-fastest-ever-street-track-for-saudi-arabian-grand-prix-jeddah/

There will be a Saudi Arabian grand prix this year?? The gently caress is this poo poo, I thought gulf monarchies were Bernies thing?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh because what Sky needs to really shake things up is clearly more mediocre white men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just make the footage and tracking available so that anyone can do their own commentary, giving the audience their pick of favourite commentator, real or virtual.