Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1371808742703005696?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh no!

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1371808775523405829

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1371810596413394947?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1371813120801378314?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1371811561917059076?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also it appears that Katarina will be making an appearance on the updated app on your actual iPhone/Android with daily messages from her. Hopefully this doesn't mean she won't be appearing in the game because I really hope she comes back.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also it appears that Katarina will be making an appearance on the updated app on your actual iPhone/Android with daily messages from her. Hopefully this doesn't mean she won't be appearing in the game because I really hope she comes back.

Katarina understands the importance of working from home.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1371808787200405510

fereldish
Jun 25, 2012
Sherb has found a new home! Thank you to whoever adopted him. I still have a bunch of recipes out in front of Nooks, so gates will be open til this evening. Dodo is Closed.

fereldish fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 16, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

fereldish posted:

Sherb, the lazy blue goat, is in boxes today in Calico! Someone please adopt this sweet boy, whose only crime is that he doesn't fit the Calico aesthetic of "is a cat". Dodo in PGS.

Sherb is legitimately one of my favorite villagers, he's such a loveable little goofball.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Boston is open just cause:
0FDC2

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Can I just ask: are the toilets getting married, or is the wedding toilet-themed? Either way, I totally support marriage equality, I'm just curious.

It’s a urinal marrying a bidet with a golden toilet playing the harp

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nintenmau5/status/1371812768035266562?s=20

I still haven't recovered

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

I think that Bunny Day legit killed the interest of millions of people in New Horizons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SWOOSH

SWOOSH

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

OG Bunny Day sucked because the game was brand new and I actually needed rocks, wood, fish & fossils so all of that getting replaced by eggs was annoying.

Now I'm a bellionaire many times over with a full museum and a storage unit packed with resources so bring on that creepy rear end Rabbit & gimme them eggs

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Hobo Clown posted:

OG Bunny Day sucked because the game was brand new and I actually needed rocks, wood, fish & fossils so all of that getting replaced by eggs was annoying.

Now I'm a bellionaire many times over with a full museum and a storage unit packed with resources so bring on that creepy rear end Rabbit & gimme them eggs

This was the exact same experiance I had. After Bunny Day I left AC for like a month but I'm sure there are many who still have not returned.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Wait, so was bunny day 1 day, or were you digging up eggs for 10 days beforehand?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Beachcomber posted:

Wait, so was bunny day 1 day, or were you digging up eggs for 10 days beforehand?

It felt like 300 days but I assume it was less than that.

Now it were Pave in the square everyday instead of freaking Zipper, then we might have had something.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

It was 10 (or maybe 14?) days where basically anything you wanted to do would drop a different kind of egg. Which was really obnoxious since most of us were still gathering resources to get the island up and running.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...hey guess who woke up deciding to completely redo yet another 'finished' area of their island.

Yep, this loving idiot right here.

Even better, this one will involve moving all my rocks! Can't wait to carpet bomb the entire island with mannequins only to find out I missed one loving tile somewhere! :suicide:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Black Robe posted:

...hey guess who woke up deciding to completely redo yet another 'finished' area of their island.

Yep, this loving idiot right here.

Even better, this one will involve moving all my rocks! Can't wait to carpet bomb the entire island with mannequins only to find out I missed one loving tile somewhere! :suicide:

When I decided to move all my own rocks, I did the 'custom design' thing. Less efficient than mannequins (and a lot longer to clear up after), but on the other hand, it felt less cluttered. Funny story, when I did this, and smashed my rocks, the next day I found out I'd missed a square. Just a single one. On the entire island.

https://twitter.com/magimix2000/status/1282348810568491008?s=20

Can you spot the uncovered square? Around the 22s mark :cry:

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

So, this wasn't a legit Five Nights at Freddys Crosspromotion then...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It’s a rainy St. Patrick’s Day on Mickleton but it’s not stopping the festivities! Come to the Irish Pub (on the second floor of my house) and raise a pint with me (I’ll be behind the bar). I’ve left some Shamrock Sodas out front of my house in case anyone doesn’t have one.

Elsewhere: turnips are selling at 205, Nooklings have a green race car bed and a yellow drum set. Anything from there or Able’s is up for grabs. Leif is here too if you need him.

Board Messages and art are encouraged!

Dodo code is in the Wuh-Oh thread.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It's been about a year since I started AC, and I think I'm going to blow up my island and redo it. It's mostly my ex's anyway, so I might as well start fresh.

Are there any guides on like designing good islands? I had some good ideas on this one but I really lack creativity in a lot of aspects in this game.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! The party is getting lit on my island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSBxDCL7Ss

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

low key sex master posted:

It's been about a year since I started AC, and I think I'm going to blow up my island and redo it. It's mostly my ex's anyway, so I might as well start fresh.

Are there any guides on like designing good islands? I had some good ideas on this one but I really lack creativity in a lot of aspects in this game.

Depends what you want, really. There are loads of guides on Youtube but they all seem to be by people whose finished islands are impossibly cluttered showpieces and look like a nightmare to actually play on, in my opinion. Probably a good starting point would be browsing Reddit or Instagram or Youtube to see what other people have done and look for something inspiring. Or if you have Switch Online, tour random dreams, or visit goons. Maybe browse the wiki or Nookipedia and look at all the furniture sets and options.

Are you planning to delete it and make a new one, or just remove everything on your current one and redo it? If you're making a new one you'll want to think about what layout you want and reset for something that works. Otherwise you need to look at what you've already got - you can't move your airport, river mouths, beach rocks, pier, peninsula or plaza/Resident Services, so you'll have to work around those, but everything else is up for debate. I'd recommend moving your buildings onto the beaches to get them out of the way so you can work on the island more easily.

Do you want a single theme/style across the whole island, or a bunch of different ones?

I've ended up dividing my island into zones - the stores, museum and Resident Services are all in one large area with appropriate decorations and grounds around them. My house is another area, and my two alts are together in another. My campsite is another patch. The villager houses are all spread out in between with their own little yards, and right now I'm working on building things in the leftover spaces and on the beaches.

Ultimately it's what you'll have fun making and playing on, it's not like there's a right or wrong way to do it. There's an insane variety of things out there, I'm constantly amazed at some of the islands I've seen.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

You could always check out goons islands.

I'd open up mine if you want to take a look around

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Jolly Redd is on Sharkfarts with a famous painting (always real), a fake jolly painting, and a fake scary painting. You may also purchase a tankless toilet and a soft-serve lamp from him, should you desire. You'll need a ladder to get to Redd; one is available by his beach. First come, first served!

Nook's has a diner clock, a neutral corner a blue trash can, mixers, and lamps. Turnip prices are terrible. Buy anything!

Able's has biker jackets, boa skirts, sweatpants, fashionable royal dresses, sheep hoods, monocles, and more! Custom designs always wanted and encouraged.

Free DIYs and other items are on the beach to the right of the airport. Help yourself to fruit and flowers, and have a wander-- there's a whole new area to discover, a place to trip balls while staring at the moon. You'll know it when you see it.

Messages on the board are always cherished! I'll be mostly AFK, but checking in to say hi when I can.

Dodo: 309N1

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Jolly Redd is on Sharkfarts with a famous painting (always real), a fake jolly painting, and a fake scary painting. You may also purchase a tankless toilet and a soft-serve lamp from him, should you desire. You'll need a ladder to get to Redd; one is available by his beach. First come, first served!

Nook's has a diner clock, a neutral corner a blue trash can, mixers, and lamps. Turnip prices are terrible. Buy anything!

Able's has biker jackets, boa skirts, sweatpants, fashionable royal dresses, sheep hoods, monocles, and more! Custom designs always wanted and encouraged.

Free DIYs and other items are on the beach to the right of the airport. Help yourself to fruit and flowers, and have a wander-- there's a whole new area to discover, a place to trip balls while staring at the moon. You'll know it when you see it.

Messages on the board are always cherished! I'll be mostly AFK, but checking in to say hi when I can.

Dodo: 309N1

Thanks for opening up, but just a heads up, the Famous Painting actually is a fake. The fake has eyebrows the real one will not. That said, it'll look great in my restaurant and I always love to visit Sharkfarts.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Maintenance notice a little bit ago, guess maybe the patch releases tonight?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Jet Jaguar posted:

Maintenance notice a little bit ago, guess maybe the patch releases tonight?

Patch is already live. Usually goes live 9PM EST

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Some kind Goon has already mailed me some Sanrio items!

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1372369640169508871

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

You can make custom tiny flags.

You can place your custom tiny flags and cover your town in custom tiny flags.

I feel this is important information.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

TL posted:

Thanks for opening up, but just a heads up, the Famous Painting actually is a fake. The fake has eyebrows the real one will not. That said, it'll look great in my restaurant and I always love to visit Sharkfarts.

Oooooops! I'm so sorry to have lured you over on false pretenses! *hides hungry flatulent shark behind back*

But thanks to everyone who came by! The villagers won't shut up about y'all.

e: I have already made a fine tomato umbrella. I like the new DIY options a lot!

Also, can I ask why everyone hates Bunny Day so much? Zipper is very uncute and an insult to the adorability of bunnies everywhere, but was it just that people didn't want so many eggs last time? (I haven't had the privilege of celebrating Bunny Day yet.)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They actually turned down the catch/spawn rate for Bunny Day eggs halfway through last time, since the drat things otherwise take over your island. The furniture and clothes you can craft from them are all rear end ugly too.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zuzie posted:

Some kind Goon has already mailed me some Sanrio items!

https://twitter.com/OfSavita/status/1372369640169508871

How do the Sanrio items work? Do you need the cards to get them? Also, how do you get them?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How do the Sanrio items work? Do you need the cards to get them? Also, how do you get them?

A reprint of the cards is being released exclusively by Target on the 26th, in the US.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, can I ask why everyone hates Bunny Day so much? Zipper is very uncute and an insult to the adorability of bunnies everywhere, but was it just that people didn't want so many eggs last time? (I haven't had the privilege of celebrating Bunny Day yet.)

Very much a clash of events, and a frequency issue. Game is new, so people are grinding mats to build and progress things, while its also Cherry Blossom season (so mats for that plus recipes), and then along come the eggs. So, SO many eggs. Eggs everywhere, as far as the eye can see. And not just on your island, but also on Nook Miles islands you visited. There was no escape.

Every single thing you could get a material from could also net you eggs instead. There was no escaping it. Hell, during the fishing tournment day that ran during the "Age of eggs", you'd be fishing up eggs during the tournies!

Early on, the 'egg frequency' dial was turned way, way up, and it led to frustration for many. Also (in my opinion at least) the vast majority of the recipes craftable with eggs are sooooooo ugly, and there were soooooo many of them. Ah yes, so if you wanted to be completionist nonetheless, you may also have found yourself grinding balloons for recipes.

They eventually retuned the drops rates a bit.

magimix fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Be nice to Zipper, they're trying their best and don't deserve the rudeness :mad: