Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Tried an overkill heist with just berserker ace, using the crosskill guard pistol that also got buffed to about 55 damage now.

Revived on overkill with berserker and no combat medic aced involved for about 40%~ health remaining, the pistol kills tan and green cops in one hit up close, but further away with teeny tiny hitmarkers for the dropoff, the pistol kills tan cops :siren: in TWO shots due to dropoff :siren:. And that's just using a small stealth oriented pistol on overkill with only a bit of a damage boost. I do not look forward to seeing what other shots-to-kill thresholds have also gotten supremely hosed up with X weapon on Y difficulty at Z range

Why add this poo poo now of all times :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i just hold the trigger down til the screams stop

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Damage dropoff aside, pistols are no longer lovely(for the most part). Damage and pickup buffs help tremendously, and you can make most hit at least 100 damage with one handed talent. Really fun when combined with berserker for hypothetically 200 damage a pop in swan song or on no visible pixels of health left. Not sure about akimbo pickups but the solo secondaries are a lot sweeter now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

watho posted:

i just hold the trigger down til the screams stop music quiets down a bit

ftfy, the screams never stop

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're clearly making payday 2 terrible so as to get people to move onto the eventual payday 3

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they're clearly making payday 2 terrible so as to get people to move onto the eventual payday 3
I hear it would've been a better idea to give people any confidence at all in Payday 3's design, considering 2 went from a heisting game to a frenetic arcade shooter.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/almirlisto/status/1372801161703518211?s=19

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/218620/view/3014570262228170518

quote:

With the co-publishing deal signed, the PAYDAY 3 project is fully financed. PAYDAY 3 is expected to launch during 2023
Heisters!

Today we announce that Starbreeze enters a co-publishing agreement with Koch Media for PAYDAY 3 to launch on PC and consoles in 2023.

The agreement provides for an estimated total investment exceeding 50 MEUR for both development and marketing of PAYDAY 3 including 18 months of post-launch development and marketing of the game as "Games-as-a-service". With this co-publishing deal, the PAYDAY 3 project is fully financed. PAYDAY 3 is expected to launch during 2023.

“We are excited to announce this exclusive long-term PAYDAY 3 co-publishing deal with Koch Media who shares our passion for the PAYDAY franchise and the “Games as a service” model. In addition to securing the continued development, this deal secures global publishing of PAYDAY 3 as well as the marketing efforts through the entire game life cycle. We now have a strong foundation for a successful launch of PAYDAY 3”,
said Tobias Sjögren, Acting CEO of Starbreeze.

With over 20 years of experience, Koch Media has posittioned itself as a premier publisher of digital entertainment.

“We are delighted to welcome Starbreeze as a new partner for our global publishing business. PAYDAY 3 is shaping up to be an incredible game. Based on what we’ve seen already, PAYDAY 3 is going to take the franchise to new heights and will delight PAYDAY fans as well as new audiences alike with innovative multiplayer gameplay”,
said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO, Koch Media Group.

With the co-publishing deal signed, the PAYDAY 3 project is fully financed. PAYDAY 3 is expected to launch in 2023.

Read more :siren: here! :siren: [expanded starbreeze article]

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 19, 2021

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Koch Media financing a payday game

WELL OKAY THEN.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

alright gang one of my contacts hooked us up with a major CEO who wants to expand his operations. the problem is that there’s a community of homeless people squatting in the building where he wants to build his third co-working office. that’s where you come in

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Coolguye posted:

Koch Media financing a payday game

WELL OKAY THEN.

IIRC Koch media isn't *those* Kochs. Koch Media is basically THQ as I understand it.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

DeathSandwich posted:

IIRC Koch media isn't *those* Kochs. Koch Media is basically THQ as I understand it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're basically right on the money.

Koch Media is named after a German dude, Franz Koch, and they own Deep Silver and another company that I haven't heard of, Ravencourt. In 2018 they were bought by THQ Nordic, now called Embracer group.

So, no alarm bells quite yet?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

well that's a big relief. i don't necessarily feel the need to associate my politics with my purchases but i'd have severe concerns about publisher meddling if it was *THOSE* Kochs for sure.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

alright phew good to know

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Maybe that shows they're actually going to get serious with Payday 3 rather than flogging the dead horse that is Payday 2.

The weapon rebalance is garbage by the way. I shot a guard with my fully kitted out Izhma at about 5m and he didn't die instantly and that was when I knew they had nerfed shotguns into the ground. Despite them needing large skillpoint investment to be effective, and despite players being used to the gunplay for years and years. Fortunately someone made a mod to revert the entire rebalance - never moved faster to download something in my life.

Overkill changing core gameplay mechanics despite significant negative feedback from the beta, despite it being a mature game with a mature community, and despite these mechanics objectively making the game worse, is the Overkillest actions that ever Overkilled.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wastrel_ posted:

The weapon rebalance is garbage by the way. I shot a guard with my fully kitted out Izhma at about 5m and he didn't die instantly and that was when I knew they had nerfed shotguns into the ground.
Was that one of the triad guys in Dragon Heist? The only thing I could find that would drop a pair of them quietly was a sniper rifle.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
My understanding is that the head hitboxes didn't work for the triad enemies in the new heist. That may have been fixed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Wastrel_ posted:

Maybe that shows they're actually going to get serious with Payday 3 rather than flogging the dead horse that is Payday 2.
i mean it's two years out so imo the seriousness they have is yet to be seen. until it's 3 months out or so anything could happen.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

EorayMel posted:

:siren: Also undocumented update: little friend now has 60 rifle bullets, but only 2 grenades carried. Without fully loaded. And I think the grenade pickup got worse :v: :v: :siren:

Nerfing the little friend grenade launcher is probably the right thing to do balance-wise but RIP the best-feeling grenade launcher.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

Overkill changing core gameplay mechanics despite significant negative feedback from the beta, despite it being a mature game with a mature community, and despite these mechanics objectively making the game worse, is the Overkillest actions that ever Overkilled.

This is like the 5th time I think this exact scenario has played out.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

maswastaken posted:

Was that one of the triad guys in Dragon Heist? The only thing I could find that would drop a pair of them quietly was a sniper rifle.

No, it was a normal Gensec guard on The Diamond. The shot did 36 damage for some reason I don't understand, especially when it was well within the supposed 'optimal range' of the shotgun.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm playing this game after not having done so for like 1 to 2 years. Is there an up to date guide on optimal weapon/mod combos?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Of course they'd nerf my beautiful child the m60

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
They added the comically large spoon
https://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/5million5poons/

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

It does katana/chainsaw levels of damage instead of ding dong breaching tool damage at least. The clanging sounds however are :cool:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If only melee combat wasnt like pulling teeth.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You can now make your own golden AK without being part of the community and/or Scarface Safe weapons without dealing with safes and skins.

*If you make enough meth to grind through infamy 3.0 in a reasonable amount of time or energy

code:
Gloves
The Classics

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Gold & White
Mastertwang

Suit
The Executor - The Urban Executor

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Pink Pearl Grey
Bad Day

Suit
The Executor - The Shamrock Executor

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Gold Plated
Whammo

Mask
Vanity Gold

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Pink & Flower Dip
Fightmarch

Suit
The Executor - The Muted Executor

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Paisley Dip
Metalcheck

Suit
The Executor - The Inspector Executor

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Classic Gold Dip
Undertap

Mask
The Masquerade

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Regal Wallpaper
Plot Twang

Suit
Suit
The General - The Classic General
The General - The French General

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Victorian Wallpaper
Zapswitch

Suit
Suit
Gloves
The General - The Blood General
The General - The Ivory General
70s driver

Weapon Color
Join Stinger
Psychedelic Wallpaper
Disco Whack

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The correct approach to infamy is cheating and I'll hear no different.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've been Infamy V for, uh... since Infamy 2.0 launched. I have no interest in changing that.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Yes, but have you considered if you grind enough you will get this via infamy paint?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i made a mod that replaced all the infamy cards which was manageable when there were 25 of them so i resent overkill for adding like 75 more

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

watho posted:

i made a mod that replaced all the infamy cards which was manageable when there were 25 of them so i resent overkill for adding like 75 more

Time to replace 100 cards with 100 slightly different wojacks

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
FYI incase you haven't seen the Discord yet... I reinstalled Payday 2.

I'm rusty as gently caress but I'm ready to relearn cop clicking if anyone is interested.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lucinice posted:

I'm playing this game after not having done so for like 1 to 2 years. Is there an up to date guide on optimal weapon/mod combos?

Come to the discord, we can walk you through it. Depending on when you stopped, skills and perks will be mostly the same, but weapons will have changed significantly.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Unless you’re on Xbox than nothings changed :smugbird:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Can VR players sprint or only walk + dash? I feel like I'm going super slow even when I'm not wearing ICTV, but I just started playing again after not having touched the game since launch so maybe I'm missing something. I'm playing on a Quest 2, I can hold the dash button and it continuously depletes my stamina by chaining dashes but it feels like I'm hardly using any stam and it also feels like I'm not going much faster than walking with the thumbstick.

I guess I should run a few tests on the desktop version and see how much faster I can move there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Click the stick while holding forward to sprint. You might need to change controls for that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Or you might be registering as crouching, check if Payday 2 reads your height correctly.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I swear I tried clicking the sticks but maybe I just did it wrong, thanks. Is there a mirror in game I can check to see whether or not I'm crouching or something? I've definitely had issues with the game registering me as way too tall, had to duck to walk under doors like Lady Dimetrescu until I got Open VR advanced settings to fix my height. Speaking of which, I had a lot of annoyance playing the "break a bunch of poo poo in the mall" mission earlier where I kept getting black screened trying to shoot over railings because of collision detection. I think I changed the collision to "step" something but is there a better setting that just eliminates that?

e: I just tried it again and sprinting works in the pre-game lobby but didn't work when I joined a random pub. Also didn't work when I tried to sprint in the loud tutorial mission. Weird! Also, the pub mission ended with a boat extraction and my face was literally inside the boat for the ride out. The rest of the team exited the boat and I couldn't figure out how to get out of the boat so I left the game. Feels bad man.

Maybe I am just stuck in perma crouch, guess I'll fiddle with those settings.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 16, 2021

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Bumbling your way through birth of sky not even knowing if you’re standing or crouching is super funny. Mission is loving tough!

If you think you’re stuck in crouch just press jump button. That should fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
VR doesn't have a jump button. Jumping in vr is hella weird, you have to aim where you want by touching (not pressing) the stick or button (the upper button on the left controller, can't remember if it's X or Y) and once you've aimed you click it. Orange means you'll jump, and if you're aiming down and the aim circle stops midair you will take fall damage. You can jump crouched in vr due to crouch being controlled only by your height. I think you can tell the game how high you are or just change it in Steam. Check if you have your headset set up right, I turned off boundaries in my Quest because the red walls pissed me off and boy were some games not fun because they lost and found my height all over.