Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Well if you don’t have a headset with it’s own input output thing you’d need one of these splitters

I meant your setup, thought you had something more complex going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MF_James posted:

I meant your setup, thought you had something more complex going on.

I didn’t picture the shock wires that are activated when my controller shakes and are attached to my balldo

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Loving how many people hate the free, easy, and completely functional software Discord in this thread.

free and easy: warzone and in-game voice chat using equipment you have

not free or easy: $n in cables and laptops to rig up a rube goldberg voice chat setup so that you are considered worthy enough to play with

if that makes me a filthy casual then fine,

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

For my sins I submit this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDHISNkOXpY

Not pictured, before the first clip I poo poo on 2 separate squads with the hauer; ended up in a 15 or 16 kill game (silver 4 lobby though...)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hello Spaceman posted:

not free or easy: $n in cables and laptops to rig up a rube goldberg voice chat setup so that you are considered worthy enough to play with

I bought the cable for 2 dollars have fun playing with pubbies

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Hello Spaceman posted:

remember when the preferred way for the bad company xbox goons was to create a free gamertag that everyone friended. Then if you wanted to play you were scan that mutual friends list and randomly join or invite? Clearly that is the superior method

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
sending a civil war letter strongly behooving my fellow gamers to join me for a round of pugilistic hostilities. When three mourning doves appear in the eastern sky alight the beacons and we shall give grief to the greenhorns.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

warsow posted:

remember when the preferred way for the bad company xbox goons was to create a free gamertag that everyone friended. Then if you wanted to play you were scan that mutual friends list and randomly join or invite? Clearly that is the superior method

Yeah, this. I used to play blops/mw with goons on xbox and it was a PITA, you'd just shoot out invites to the goons you had friended or whatever; maybe they joined, maybe they were in a game, sometimes you had to kick a few ppl out because you invited 10 people and now you have too many.

I'm not saying discord is perfect or anything, but it's 1000x easier to, at the very least, organize groups of folks together.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

sending a civil war letter strongly behooving my fellow gamers to join me for a round of pugilistic hostilities. When three mourning doves appear in the eastern sky alight the beacons and we shall give grief to the greenhorns.

Dear Mother and family.
I will take the pensil to let you know we are all well. At present hoping this will find you in the same. we let Saint Petrograd Station on Thursday about 4 Clock in the afternoon and got into Verdansk about 4 oclock in the morning on Friday whitch maid about 12 hours on the way, we then stay ther untill yesterday when we had orders to march about 6.5 miles and when I heard this I went to the head doctor ast him what I would do for I know that I could not carry my knapsack, so he told me that I would have to stay hear and so all them that could not stand the march was sent to the hospitle. Ther was 10 out of our Companny and that was myself and a nother young man, we did not hear the name of the place that they wer going to, but both MF_James and hugegrossburrito said that they would wright as soon as they wer sitteled that is they would wright home to you, ther is abut 50 sick and wounded goons in the department that I am in, I think that I will not be in hear very long, for I will try and get eather home or get to my Regiment for I don't like this very well, it is not because I am not treated well for it is six times better than I expected but I canot be contented a way from my companny, my arm is about the same, I wright this mearley to let you know something about myselve for I canot say anything about the others now but I will have to stope so no more at present but reman your son and Brother.

Warsow P. Macgillicuddy

Address your letter to Verdansk Hosepittle, Verdanks. C.C.
I wish you would send me some postige stamps as we have not got paid yet, my money has run ashore and I want to wright some and so on.

Yours, W. P. M.

warsow fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 17, 2021

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

MF_James posted:

Yeah, this. I used to play blops/mw with goons on xbox and it was a PITA, you'd just shoot out invites to the goons you had friended or whatever; maybe they joined, maybe they were in a game, sometimes you had to kick a few ppl out because you invited 10 people and now you have too many.

I'm not saying discord is perfect or anything, but it's 1000x easier to, at the very least, organize groups of folks together.

i am fine with it as an irc replacement and using the text chat to arrange things, but im not loving jumping through hoops to have extra cables and chargers in the lounge

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I just say 'who wants to shoot people' in a group chat and then sometimes people say 'i am currently shooting people' or 'i would like to shoot people later' and we work it out that way.

then you can either join those already shooting people or organise to shoot people later

all these apps and services on PC seem to exist because voice chat in games on PC is garbage and has been for a long time. Party chat on consoles mostly solves the problem but cross-platform games are hurting that.

also isnt discord a reddit thing/harvests a heap of data from the chats?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
*guy at ww2 style decrypting machine*

WAS IST DAS BALLDO? SCHEISSE

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

*guy at ww2 style decrypting machine*

WAS IST DAS BALLDO? SCHEISSE

“Oberfurher, ze allies secret weapon is code named ‘Bad Dragon’ and ze officer Goku won’t stop talking about its size!”

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Did you know that Discord has built in noise suppression to handle the breathing noises diagrammed by hugegrossburrito?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pacerhimself posted:

Did you know that Discord has built in noise suppression to handle the breathing noises diagrammed by hugegrossburrito?

not if I turn it off its asmr time

ASMR fat nerd complains about call of duty while you gulag

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You’re the last one alive in your team and everyone is telling you what to do ASMR

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

This is a community of assholes comprised of 5 different platforms playing a first-generation cross platform game and there's no one-size-fits-all solution for both chat and voip and ballso emotes so we're all working with the tool that benefits us the most, collectively.

I have never once seen anyone balk at the request to use ingame comms, and I've been in multiple squads in the goon channel where folks were more than happy to flip them on so the non-discord-mic-haver can participate.

Mountains and molehills folks

Laserface posted:

also isnt discord a reddit thing/harvests a heap of data from the chats?

Not sure what there gonna do with all my Deez nuts jokes but they can have em

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
The life outside discord be solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I get really mad at this video game.

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid
If you really don't want to use discord you can probably go through all the videos in the thread and edit together a game's worth of burrito utterances to listen to while you play. I've yet to get a cease and desist.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
seriously though its fun and we will only give you a small amount of poo poo if you decide to join us. People do streams for working stiffs and we made mishda bond do an american accent today. He had a difficult time.

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC
Your loadout and/or camo choices may be judged depending on who is watching you.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
me: hey does anyone want one my loadout guns?

everyone else:

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Hello Spaceman posted:

i am fine with it as an irc replacement and using the text chat to arrange things, but im not loving jumping through hoops to have extra cables and chargers in the lounge

I’ve played A LOT with the discord dudes and literally no-one has ever refused to switch to in game voice if asked. Discord is just super easy to organize groups with its lobby and notification systems.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I guess that I play exclusively with my IRL friends that are all in the same timezone except for 2 guys on the other side of the planet it makes more sense that fb messenger is how we co-ordinate

but as I said, even starting voice chat in the group chat we are already in, to play rocket league or something else without built-in voice for cross-plat, its too a bridge too far for most.

I dont mind doing it personally as my chat adapter lets me have a phone and the game audio connected to the headphones at once but the second headphone/device is absolutely the reason why my friends wont do it.

adding in discord as an addtional layer, for those that dont already have an account or know how to use it, is another.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Y'all overthinking the gently caress out of using Discord w/PS.

1. Connect to your Playstation using Remote Play on the same computer you run Discord.
2. Plug your headset into the computer.
3. Play normally from the PS, do not sync controller with the PC, but now with magical Discord sounds included on your headset.

There is no audio lag if you are on the same network, I do this all the time. You also get deathmics and the ability to shittalk in lobbies if you so desire. No extra cables, splitters, or other bullshit.

e: this also works for streaming if you want to use OBS or whatever instead of the onboard stuff.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SubponticatePoster posted:

Y'all overthinking the gently caress out of using Discord w/PS.

1. Connect to your Playstation using Remote Play on the same computer you run Discord.
2. Plug your headset into the computer.
3. Play normally from the PS, do not sync controller with the PC, but now with magical Discord sounds included on your headset.

There is no audio lag if you are on the same network, I do this all the time. You also get deathmics and the ability to shittalk in lobbies if you so desire. No extra cables, splitters, or other bullshit.

woah

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
anywway here are the 5 essential adapters u need to play duty with discord slam that like and subscribe buttom fam

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I have never unmuted my brother in game. I listen to him on Discord and people in game at the same time. The only problems with in-game voice are the quality is kinda bad, and it's annoying as gently caress to talk to somebody when they crash. Also I have one friend on pc who refuses to use the same ptt button in game and discord, so sometimes he gets muted and presses the wrong button - something that's literally impossible on controller.

Discord has built in noise suppression, but good luck getting it to run during warzone. Discord turns it off automatically if your cpu usage is too high.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait so the guy who hates discord and thinks it’s unnecessary instead uses the in game system after communicating his friends via facebook

Ok guys let’s all post Facebook links so we can figure out which one of us is actually using warzone to cosplay their next insurrection

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
My parler warzone group was doxxed wtf

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wait so the guy who hates discord and thinks it’s unnecessary instead uses the in game system after communicating his friends via facebook

Ok guys let’s all post Facebook links so we can figure out which one of us is actually using warzone to cosplay their next insurrection

yea because 1. i already use fb chat to talk to all the people i play with and 2. discord is poo poo, dumb, and bad.

mostly im just impressed at the level of bullshit PC players will accept to have higher pixel/frame counts

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

yea because 1. i already use fb chat to talk to all the people i play with and 2. discord is poo poo, dumb, and bad.

mostly im just impressed at the level of bullshit PC players will accept to have higher pixel/frame counts

It...it's a chat program

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
if they think the only point to a PC is having higher pixel/frame counts then stupidly hating discord for no reason checks out 100%

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

if they think the only point to a PC is having higher pixel/frame counts then stupidly hating discord for no reason checks out 100%

what is the point? the unergonomic control scheme? the RGB lights on everything?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/e4fIFmJ.mp4

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

“That’s a tail whip”

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Laserface posted:

what is the point? the unergonomic control scheme? the RGB lights on everything?

i am solidly with you on hating discord but what the gently caress are you talking about

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Laserface posted:

You’re talking about a small group of friends, there are like 30 dudes who regularly play cod on the discord. You can’t seriously recommend that we all add each other on Facebook right? Let alone those of us who have gotten rid of Facebook for whatever reason, it’s a big ask for random internet strangers to suddenly know all
About each other.

Discord can be launched in a browser, you join a lobby with 3 other dudes, join in game, then ask to swap to in game chat. It is literally the same amount of steps and means I don’t get creepers in my feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JacksLibido posted:

You’re talking about a small group of friends, there are like 30 dudes who regularly play cod on the discord. You can’t seriously recommend that we all add each other on Facebook right? Let alone those of us who have gotten rid of Facebook for whatever reason, it’s a big ask for random internet strangers to suddenly know all
About each other.

Discord can be launched in a browser, you join a lobby with 3 other dudes, join in game, then ask to swap to in game chat. It is literally the same amount of steps and means I don’t get creepers in my feed.

Im not arguing that at all, each to their own. im just surprised about the amount of poo poo PC players will put up with on what is supposedly the 'best' way to play games and thats before we even start talking about the glitches and other weirdness associated with PC gaming.