Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Testekill posted:

my dude, just post the greatest hits of it or something. That's a lot of text in images

I couldn't hope to summarize such massive thought processes, but if the author did so, it would likely be something like the text below, but much funnier:

<39/40>

I remove my hand from my chin and furrow my brow, while squinting like Tucker Carlson on a belladonna bender, and as I attempt to synthesize a non-retrogressive all encompassing summary of my brilliant theory, I realize that only someone deeply concerned with the sanctity of scintillating star ratings could even hope to encapsulate my thesis within the mere confines of a singular tweet, so as I move towards tweet #40,

<40/40>

I just tell you that, while there are many numbers of near malevolently massive size that go beyond the heretofore known star scale, not counting so called Dark stars like Danny Limelight and Fuego or the both -/+ supernova of the Funhouse match, that like a one thousand page book is still large brick with an amazing amount of heft when thrown, despite the fact that there could be a conceptual infinitely lengthy book, that a 7 star match is still excellent, despite the existence of the numbers 8-∞. Though, I don't think that you can appreciate the full scope of my textual analysis without all 40 tweets and my 223 footnotes.

-c-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That whole thing was worth it just for this:

quote:

could Dave Meltzer have been having a even BETTER time? Well, yes. He has not, admittedly, ever done so, but that doesn't mean he never COULD do so

I think Dave would wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I love collocation being called a weenie by someone who was too polite to just say "post screenshots or it didn't happen" and then collocation found us some real weenies to laugh at

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

taking five tweets to even say what he's talking about

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
we need more weenies

https://twitter.com/MikeKallenberg/status/1372367830822367234

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
does that dude think aew forced them to do this

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Thunder Rosa can easily out wrestle at least half of the men’s roster and the men’s roster is very good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That guy who doesn't get the concept of infinity is giving me the same vibe as that guy on the bodybuilding forum who kept arguing over how many days in a week there are.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

flatluigi posted:

does that dude think aew forced them to do this

we all just watched an elaborate SAW trap

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/AlejandroCasaas/status/1372388656581898245

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

edit: wrong thread

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Jbridgeman12/status/1372397189511659520
https://twitter.com/bernardomayne/status/1372375282301161475

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The IWC

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
please ban the cry laughing emoji i loving hate it so much. i want it to be made illegal to post it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im sick of the iwc, i will be posting all my wrestling thoughts in a journal from now on. goodbye

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am tired of people enthusiastically enjoying things.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

im sick of the iwc, i will be posting all my wrestling thoughts in a journal from now on. goodbye

Riding through the streets like Paul Revere to decry AEW

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
“Modern wrestling’s so sanitised & boring. The bloody brawls in the territory days were MUCH better!”

*2 women pull out a classic*

“No, not like THAT!!”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

please ban the cry laughing emoji i loving hate it so much. i want it to be made illegal to post it.

Don't worry Gen Z hates it so it'll be gone in due course

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seams posted:

It is the absolute worst and deserves to be deleted out of history forever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the good version of it is the one that's crossed with the big wide open eyes emoji and also content aware scaled like 10 times

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Concern Trolling

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingAjar/status/1372440459193286660

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how many people that say that Britt and Rosa were forced into it are major WWE fans and look at that company in a completely different way.

I mean I'm sure neither Vince or any of his guys would never force any of the employees independent contractors in positions where they could get hurt seriously or even die, right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Imagine talking about wrestling on the internet. The very idea.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Fun fact, due to working for the International Wrestling Cartel, Brian Pillman Jr is the IWC Super Indy Champion.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

People don't understand that blading isn't that dangerous unless you have a bloodborne illness

It looks gnarly but it's just a small incision that heals up. Top rope moves are way more unsafe, but no one bats an eye at a Moonsault where you can crush your neck and spine by landing a bit too far to the left

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

wait till these dudes find out what back bumps do to your body, especially if you're working 300 shows a year for a promotion that thinks taking time off makes you a pussy.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I admittedly haven't seen the match yet (its on the list: don't think I've seen anyone I trust saying anything negative about it which is remarkable for any match never mind one with Britt Baker in it) but from what I've seen my understanding is that in terms of the violence it doesn't go beyond what you'd get in a typical hardcore match just they blade and that's not significantly dangerous. Its the thing with a lot of safety nerds though: they'll go on and on about something like this being "too dangerous" or whatever while also bigging up generic WWE Ladder Match no 43 which is significantly worse from that perspective. Blading in particular is a really low percentage risk if everyone is testing and is OK: I'm sure there are possible risks if things go wrong but that's the case with everything in this world. If you gave me the choice of taking one of the ladder match bumps you see or being hit over the head with a lighttube by Jun Kasai then, well, looks like you better get the broom ready to brush up the glass shards.

A lot of it is also sexism; to be frank. You see it in Joshi fandom; there's a group of Joshi 'fans' get really squeamish about blood and violence in women's wrestling because they think its not "appropriate" or whatever when if it was two dudes they would not care. There's a (not very good) Joshi podcast that interviewed Ice Ribbon wrestler Suzu Suzuki who is currently doing a hardcore trial series against a list of people - she came into wrestling as a deathmatch fan and has never hidden her desire to do deathmatches in the future - and the interviewer went on this thing about how she shouldn't do hardcore matches because she might not look as pretty anymore which is very cringe-inducing but gets worse when you realise that its someone in their mid 30s interviewing an 18 year old. There is this group of people - some of whom would probably call themselves fans of women's wrestling - who seem to think that equality ends at the point when women might want to have a violent match with blood and whatever and then its clearly going too far.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
The WWE had Lesnar concuss and drat near take out Randy’s eye with hardway elbows to get juice because they promised sponsors not to use the “barbaric” practice of applying an x-acto knife to the hairline. It’s not a coherent train of thought

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Smoking Crow posted:

People don't understand that blading isn't that dangerous unless you have a bloodborne illness

It looks gnarly but it's just a small incision that heals up. Top rope moves are way more unsafe, but no one bats an eye at a Moonsault where you can crush your neck and spine by landing a bit too far to the left

The famously untreatable condition of having a cut

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The most dangerous spot was probably the DVD from the top rope onto the ladder because Rosa landed on one leg while still carrying all of Britt's weight and it looked mighty unstable for a second

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They never even promised health care for every wrestler, the deal even when they talked about it publicly was a "we will take care of people". Which has obviously meant getting some of them office jobs and other things. Honestly I still think it's bad they can't just give them all health insurance but it's not bad for any of that guys stupid reasons.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is it just sexism? Has anyone asked him about all the times male WWE wrestlers bladed and used tacks and poo poo? I mean, hasn't it been "Down with PG, bring back curse words and hardcore matches!" for over a decade now?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa had a standard WWE-style "hardcore" match that involved nothing more crazy than chairshots to the back, and kendo sticks and maybe a table spot at the end these same people would be howling about how AEW doesn't deliver on promises and its the bomb all over again and blah blah blah.

speaking of disingenuous, bad takes:

https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1372412046806032384?s=20

Seams fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 18, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"wish people didn't care about meltzer." - the meltzer guy

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
More like Slave Squelcher

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1372268871604965381

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
blading loving owns and I will never not roll my eyes at people wringing their hands and whining about it

I'd much rather people blade than take stupid nonsensical bumps that look like poo poo and just end up hurting them. it's an essential part of the wrestling medium imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is funny because this entire line of reasoning assumes that Tony runs AEW the exact same way that Vince runs WWE, like Tony is out scripting every promo and choreographing every match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
tacks rule