Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 29th, 1940

Axa

You know, that outfit's not much better than her normal clothes, but I think it'd make a nice change for a while, though I suspect it's not making it out of this story (and probably not out of tomorrow's comics, let's be honest).

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

"Hello, Sudden Death From Below! I am Content To Hover, a Slylandro Speaker. Your presence here fills us with excitement!"

The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell This is all sorts of hosed up and a really clear shot into Holbrook's mind.

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, he's suddenly decided the signal delay exists again.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 09, 1944)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

goatface posted:

Oh, he's suddenly decided the signal delay exists again.

I guess we're supposed to assume Samantha is lying, and the cat's right about it being an accusing pause, because I can't think of another intentional interpretation that would make sense.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (August 21-22, 1933)

Peanuts (March 19-20, 1974)

Continuing The Crankerbean Crossover Nobody Asked For

Crankshaft

"Classic" Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire climbs Trippen-Balz Mountain.

Thimble Theater (October 15-16, 1937)

Out Our Way (April 20-22, 1936)

Toonerville Folks (May 17-19, 1917)

Dok's "The Sandwich Board Guy That Blighted My Life" Duck (July 3, 1913)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Haha, you got me to look up GastroPhobia for the first time in a year or so, and the latest update is like, welp, guess Gastro's trans. Looks like I'm in for a reread!

Which one is Gastro and which kind of trans? Both of the ones sitting down could pass for either one.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

DOGS SURE ARE GREAT, HUH?

Getting mixed messages about the greatness of dogs here.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (February 16, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (May 15, 1918)

Banana Oil (January 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (April 25, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (September 25, 1935)

Dark Laughter (February 20, 1943)

Mopsy Sunday (February 15, 1948)

Those Were the Days (March 13, 1952)

Dinky Fellas (June 16, 1965)

Wee Pals (June 16, 1965)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (March 13, 1952)

I just love the difference in clothes on the guy here

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Bogor

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has places to be!

Working Daze GET IT BECAUSE A MISTAKE IN A COMPUTER PROGRAM IS CALLED A BUG BUT THAT IS ALSO A WORK THAT MEANS INSECT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is still your responsibility.

Cul De Sac knows better than to forget what has come before!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really hate this Funky Winkerbean storyline. Every church I've been to the people there, especially the older people, treat the congregation as an extended family. That someone died and their only concern is who plays the organ next just comes across as sociopathic.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It would not at all surprise me to learn that Batuik has never actually been to a church nor does he know any other people who have gone to one and literally just thinks people go there because they love free organ music.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Some Guy TT posted:

It would not at all surprise me to learn that Batuik has never actually been to a church nor does he know any other people who have gone to one and literally just thinks people go there because they love free organ music.

I, frankly, would not be at all surprised to learn that Batiuk is, in fact, an alien forced to pull a 3rd Rock from the Sun, because he constantly shows that he knows absolutely nothing about anything. There are so many Funky Winkerbeans and Crankshafts that don't make any sense because the actual reality is so far from what's depicted that it's obvious that Batiuk has never actually done or used the thing he's talking about. The one I remember is complaining about not knowing where you left off on Netflix (leading to a "joke" about 'oh, that's why binge watching is a thing'), but Netflix actually has a way to tell you where you were, and even if you finished the episode or not. And it's constant! Batiuk doesn't know how the comic industry works, or how the movie industry works, or how traumatic brain injury works, and then constantly shows his rear end about how much he doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
In other words, Batiuk is a Luann character?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jul 26-27, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 13-16, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

(Jul 31, 2019)

(Aug 2, 2019)

(Aug 5, 2019)

(Aug 12, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

In goofy translation notes, the penultimate panel is most likely referring to Dharma's superiors as if he is thinking of the specific people with those titles. I deliberately chose the nonintuitive interpretation of his wondering which rank the person who is calling him has because the English translations of Korean management titles are very long and unwieldy. I can barely make them fit in the panel there's just one of them, let alone two that both require definite articles.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

Resident Cat 2 and 3 are only referencing Resident Evil 1 :colbert:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

this is dumb I’m into it

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

The book has a bit more of a good old light-hearted "lol, I'm gonna kill myself" jesting, but we'll end the scene here (Karl doesn't take her to the ball).

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Wow, how can he be back here to testify?

Oh, right

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (March 20-24, 2000)

If the building is already collapsing, it means it's already damaged enough to be structurally unsound. I don't think preventing termites from doing further damage would do any good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 10, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 10, 1999)

Garfield Classic (July 10, 1989)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Giving Holbrook Ideas

Rhymes with Orange

I know it's supposed to be just a squiggle on that cheese's flag, but it looks like the SS logo to me. Nazi cheese!

Get Fuzzy 3/17/01

Brenda Starr 2/4-6/46

"But what's a Rubik's Cube?"

Smokey Stover 1/7/40

Richard's Poor Almanac

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Selachian posted:

Smokey Stover 1/7/40

That is a nice, solid gag. Makes instant, intuitive sense even though the the kind of machine Smokey uses to deliver the punchline disappeared decades ago.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946 looks familiar...

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

dismas posted:

this is dumb I’m into it

Tilman's teacher is a fun character in general

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze GET IT BECAUSE A MISTAKE IN A COMPUTER PROGRAM IS CALLED A BUG BUT THAT IS ALSO A WORK THAT MEANS INSECT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why oh why do they have a QWOP screenshot as a background

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

EBB posted:

Why oh why do they have a QWOP screenshot as a background

Qwop is too good for this comic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Still wondering what happened to the Gumps. Did they just die on the iceberg while that jerk mechanic made off with all the prize money? I guess we'll never know.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Some Guy TT posted:

Which one is Gastro and which kind of trans? Both of the ones sitting down could pass for either one.
Gastro is the darker skinned one and the latest story reveals she's a trans girl who is still processing that and working through what that means, when the comic has presented her as a boy up until now. Phobia is her mom, a mediocre adventurer and (initially) single mother. The comic is about their adventures in Totally Historically Accurate Ancient Greece!

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

I remember that story! Those were the reruns right before Jules took over!

Mary Worth

Saul makes his move.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

:lol: that's pretty good.

Rex Morgan MD

If Rene is some kind of deformed Dick Tracy villain with a good name I will forgive Rex Morgan for all its past boringness.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

The lighter side of remembering combat in Vietnam.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 18, 2021

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kromm put allll that effort into setting it up to get punked on with ease and I love it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

Kromm put allll that effort into setting it up to get punked on with ease and I love it.

It is so good. I love the fact that he basically gets taken down with no real issue instead of a drawn-out fight. He doesn't realize that he was basically never the hunter in this scenario and gets completely annihilated for it. For someone who allegedly researched Modesty and Willie completely he had no idea what he brought upon himself and his cohorts.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The whole story feels oddly anticlimactic. Usually Modesty and Willy's main handicap is that they don't have time to plan. Either through necessity or choice they're usually dealing with much fewer resources than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

These hunters not only are not used to prey that duck and fight back, but prey that sets traps for them!