Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

the thing we'll hate is never getting to actually see the jaggahog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pyrus Malus posted:

okay what's solomon thinking in this last panel here

*dont poo poo dont poo poo dont poo poo dont poo poo dont oh gently caress oh god I gotta poo poo so bad*

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

The thing we all hate is both WC and Cio dying to Jaggs after a valiant fused fight.

The thing we'll hate is knowing WC has plot armor thanks to the War for Rayuba event

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hey there's nothing in the rulebook that says a gigantic multi-armed fusion of three ladies CAN'T play basketball!

She counts as the center and both guards.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pyrus Malus posted:

okay what's solomon thinking in this last panel here

"my planet :smith:"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

IMJack posted:

The thing we'll hate is knowing WC has plot armor thanks to the War for Rayuba event

she could be a dead saintlike eternal president type figure "leading" the fight (idk how the event is going maybe not)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

A Greater Lesbian of Chaos is a mighty foe even for the Red God.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Good answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXlPt8mFkNI

But here's a better one.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Allicio N' Chains is amazing and I wish them the best even though Jagganoth is about to demonstrate that no amount of violence can beat him. Even perfect, foolish violence.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Allicio N' Chains is amazing and I wish them the best even though Jagganoth is about to demonstrate that no amount of violence can beat him. Even perfect, foolish violence.

We're looking at a the fully actualised form of our three protagonists, a being of pure holy chaos born of love, trust and faith. It may not defeat Jagganoth, but if he has a weakness, this will find it, and if he does not have a weakness, this will create one.

Like, seriously, this is so obviously a good thing within the established value structure of the comic that it has to do something meaningful and important.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Darth Walrus posted:

We're looking at a the fully actualised form of our three protagonists, a being of pure holy chaos born of love, trust and faith. It may not defeat Jagganoth, but if he has a weakness, this will find it, and if he does not have a weakness, this will create one.

Like, seriously, this is so obviously a good thing within the established value structure of the comic that it has to do something meaningful and important.

Unfortunately this isn't the last book so things are going to go poorly somewhere down the line!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

Unfortunately this isn't the last book so things are going to go poorly somewhere down the line!

It is the last book, but probably not the final battle. That still leaves a lot of room for the Aspected Chaos to do good and be useful, though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dog Kisser posted:

This is the last book, though.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
at least now we know where jagganoth gets his new eye

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

They will reach the deepest and most repressed part of Jag that still remembers his Mother.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
he cry those angel wings out

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Thundarr posted:

Allicio N' Chains
:perfect:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'd be very surprised if Aspected Chaos here wins the fight, or even directly takes part in a fight. I think she's going to do something that delays the reckoning with Jagganoth, so that the demiurges (and Maya!) can fall into infighting again. But other than Giant Woman Voltron, I have predicted almost no plot twists for a long while, so, who knows! Not me!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She might give Jagganoth pause simply by being something entirely new and out of his context.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one more especially interesting maggot spontaneously generated from the corpse reality

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, one of the things that fascinates me most here is the font. First time we've ever seen straight-line print font! And serifs! What the gently caress!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ɪғ ʜᴇ's ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Vᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴏғ Gᴏᴅ sᴍᴀʟʟᴄᴀᴘs ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ᴜsᴇ.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I really doubt that Jag is going to be stopped by force. There will be lots of cool and flashy fighting that will prove to be pointless. This comic has been fairly consistent in rejecting the shounen trope of the person with the biggest power level winning the day and I would be surprised if this is any different. Jags will be defeated by defeating his ideals. Some poo poo will happen that will finally break though his shell and make him question his path. There's definitely been a lot of setup with him having brooded over poo poo for a long rear end time and I'm sure thats gonna be explored even though he brushed off initial attempts to get him to explain what exactly his loving deal is

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rahul posted:

I really doubt that Jag is going to be stopped by force. There will be lots of cool and flashy fighting that will prove to be pointless. This comic has been fairly consistent in rejecting the shounen trope of the person with the biggest power level winning the day and I would be surprised if this is any different. Jags will be defeated by defeating his ideals. Some poo poo will happen that will finally break though his shell and make him question his path. There's definitely been a lot of setup with him having brooded over poo poo for a long rear end time and I'm sure thats gonna be explored even though he brushed off initial attempts to get him to explain what exactly his loving deal is

They know he can't be stopped by force, White Chain says as much. The problem is the Demiurges don't know that, the only thing they do know is force, and it's also the only thing any of them will listen to before anything else can be tried. So they need the triple-fused Absolute Chaos there to intervene and beat everyone down to a point anyone will listen for longer than it takes to charge or incant their next attack.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's still early in the book so I don't think they're going to defeat Jag here, or even necessarily find the solution to the conflict he represents. He's going to win this fight as both Allison and WC have said. The question is how effective the escape plan is, and how much it's going to cost to implement it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Thundarr posted:

It's still early in the book so I don't think they're going to defeat Jag here, or even necessarily find the solution to the conflict he represents. He's going to win this fight as both Allison and WC have said. The question is how effective the escape plan is, and how much it's going to cost to implement it.

To be fair, there's also tons of hints that Jag is not the big bad of the setting.

That may in fact be Metatron. Or whatever Zoss found up in heaven.

Also, loving the little look over to the trio by Salami Dave. I'm receiving a pretty serious "What the gently caress are those three up to now?" vibe from him.

Darth Walrus posted:

It's also possible that the three of them will gently caress things up spectacularly.

While it wasn't as evident with the other two, both Allison, Cio, and White Chain have all been pretty far into the fool category in the Aesma sense. Aesma's story's in the setting of K6BD basically involve gods/people/monsters trying to do something, only for Aesma to bungle her way into the situation with no knowledge of the real plan whatsoever, gently caress things up spectacularly while everyone with a bit of understanding around her goes "YOU FOOL! YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOT! STOP!", and then she somehow either fixes the mess by accident or completely escapes consequences by virtue of her profound ignorance.

Also, I like the implication that Salami Dave could take Jagganoth in a straight fight. A few pages ago they made a point that he's not fighting at anywhere near his full strength. Even repositioning the fight to elsewhere (Or else-when.) would probably give them a massive leg up.

But yeah, with the way the comic's going violence probably isn't going to stop Jagganoth.

Edit: Also, why are the comments screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAA" over and over?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 18, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Archonex posted:

To be fair, there's also tons of hints that Jag is not the big bad of the setting.

Jagganoth himself said he knows full-well he's a pawn of Metatron and looking for a way to throw a wrench in the cosmic works. It's just that his own plan sucks rear end.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MikeJF posted:

She might give Jagganoth pause simply by being something entirely new and out of his context.

I wanna see her start pulling the feathers out

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Archonex posted:

Edit: Also, why are the comments screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAA" over and over?

That's the noise everyone made when they saw Allico 'n Chains

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think Metatron is the final boss but I still think all seven of the demiurges need to die one way or another before we get to him. And I suspect most of them are going to get the axe real soon

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Allico 'n Chains

i hate this so much and it's also perfect

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

we will all unite under the gentle guidance of Aspected Chaos, rising king, to defeat Metatron with the power of friendship*

*requiring the fusion of all white/dark flames and all demiurges

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

We call this move Yisun's Love Blob

___//////////////

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Bilirubin posted:

*requiring the fusion of all white/dark flames and all demiurges

Wouldn't the end result be mostly Gog?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

YaketySass posted:

Wouldn't the end result be mostly Gog?

Just had a vision of the enormous woman exploding into worms everywhere and Gog emerging with a ta-da! and thus ends K6BD

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Allicioan is gonna remind jagg of his old mother and make him temporarily cry and doubt himself to allow everyone to gently caress off before he regains his composure.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Archonex posted:

That may in fact be Metatron. Or whatever Zoss found up in heaven.

Throne is heaven. Metatron is what Zoss found in heaven when he conquered Throne.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The liveblog/reviewer I shared waaaaay back is working through Book 2 right now and she posted a pretty nice analysis of one of the stories below the comic, Het and the Rakshasa.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/lets-watch-things-mostly-blind-idk.55194/page-167#post-19534442

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I cant wait for the power of friendship to get Jag and all the demiurges on side and then we can move into the part where Tengen Toppa All Yisun punches Metatron so hard the multiverse resets into a good version.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I cant wait for the power of friendship to get Jag and all the demiurges on side and then we can move into the part where Tengen Toppa All Yisun punches Metatron so hard the multiverse resets into a good version.

I'm reasonably certain that Jagganoth's plan does summarize to 'punch Metatron so hard it resets the multiverse into a good version where violence is escapable'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Joe Slowboat posted:

I'm reasonably certain that Jagganoth's plan does summarize to 'punch Metatron so hard it resets the multiverse into a good version where violence is escapable'

Not it's "punch Metatron so hard it ends reality forever"

There is no part 2.