Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Yahtzee still exists...dang

692 episodes deep. Apparently he's married and has a kid now. How times change.

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yahtzee is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

Yahtzee is good

I did yahtzee this coming

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I remember him saying some pretty questionable poo poo in some series he did outside the main show. My brain is too bad to remember what he actually said though so maybe he's fine.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Chat thread!

I am, once again, asking for your posts.

Someone in... I think it was the Steam thread but I can't find the post once shared a screenshot of their Steam categories and they were separated by "Energy levels", having Low/Mid/High/Weird energy categories, which I think it's a brilliant way of deciding what to play depending on where your head's at.

So, thread, tell me about your "low energy" games.

I've been playing Siralim Ultimate fairly often when I have the time recently since it's easy to just pass the time grinding while I'm watching something in the background. Easy to turn off my mind.

Also agree with the Everyday Genius Squarelogic and any Picross game recommendations!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have to remember to make kushikatsu for the group for completionists' sake.

(But probably not in real life because it involves both deep-frying and skewers)

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Kushikatsu is so good and I can't wait to be able to go back to Japan and get some :D

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
once again we are facing lockdown because the thrid wave is coming, and once again there is an UBI sale to take my mind off with some gorgeous grinding

1st was Steep and AC Origins
2nd was AC Odyssey
Now it's Division 2 and The Crew 2

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Yahtzee is a Hat Guy so he has a 20 point penalty to being considered good.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

once again we are facing lockdown because the thrid wave is coming, and once again there is an UBI sale to take my mind off with some gorgeous grinding

1st was Steep and AC Origins
2nd was AC Odyssey
Now it's Division 2 and The Crew 2

I don’t play sports games at all really, but something about the premise of Steep as an open world snowsports game really got me. Just wish it appealed to any of my friends in the same way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

stev posted:

I remember him saying some pretty questionable poo poo in some series he did outside the main show. My brain is too bad to remember what he actually said though so maybe he's fine.

When gamergate rolled around he didn't directly comment on it but he was much more concerned about people who get offended by things than by the harassment going on and used a really, really gross analogy to convey that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Yahtzee is good

still stuck in 2006 i see

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

When gamergate rolled around he didn't directly comment on it but he was much more concerned about people who get offended by things than by the harassment going on and used a really, really gross analogy to convey that.

I don't think he's changed that much since then. Some years ago he was doing "Let's Drown Out" streams where he talked over a game with some friend of his and eventually I got tired of his centrist tendencies and complaining about the SJWs, etc. He has not evolved at all.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did he ever like a game

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
He liked Persona 5

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He loved Prince of Persia and Spiderman 2 and that's it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Yahtzee is good

I mean, except for the anti-trans stuff, and also not being funny, sure

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

stev posted:

He loved Prince of Persia and Spiderman 2 and that's it.

He seems to be borderline obsessed with Stardew Valley.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ErrEff posted:

I don't think he's changed that much since then. Some years ago he was doing "Let's Drown Out" streams where he talked over a game with some friend of his and eventually I got tired of his centrist tendencies and complaining about the SJWs, etc. He has not evolved at all.

That friend of his turned out to be a major chudley lol

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I remember watching some Yahtzee reviews here and there back when they were only 3-5 minutes long and considered him much a much improved counterpart to TotalBiscuit, one with a sharper sense of humor who got straight to the point and didn't post long winded screeds about atheism and how smart he was in GBS.

But more recently I remember a goon sat down to watch like 50 of Yahtzee's reviews in a row one after the other and their takeaway was basically that he has, shall we say, issues... with women. And looking back yeah, that makes sense.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm peeing in a Panera bathroom and "just like heaven" just came on and now I'm kind of dancing, but also still sitting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Simone Magus posted:

I mean, except for the anti-trans stuff, and also not being funny, sure

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yesterday my sonic chronicle almost came to an untimely end when i ran into a terrible bug partway through chapter 5. across the whole chapter you're switching between two teams led by sonic and tails in order to make your way onto a drifting angel island before it can be attacked by the villains and at a certain point, the game just...stopped switching when it was supposed to, leaving me stranded as tails with nowhere to go. some research led me to believe this was an emulation error, and since i was playing on my wii u via virtual console injection, i don't think there's really much i can do about it. reloading the save didn't work, skipping the cutscene didn't work, it seemed like the end of the road

some might say this is a sign to stop playing a bad video game, but i'm a stubborn fool. so here we are again, on my pc, where i've taken matters into my own hands

i'm delighted to learn that speed really is sonic's best stat at max level! at the beginning of the game it's his defense

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shouldn't Sonic's defense be RINGS and his HP 1/1

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

I'm peeing in a Panera bathroom and "just like heaven" just came on and now I'm kind of dancing, but also still sitting

Show me show me show me how you do that trick...

wait no, finish with the bathroom first please I don't wanna see that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Show me show me show me how you do that trick...

wait no, finish with the bathroom first please I don't wanna see that.

But that's how it makes you scream

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
They look like underwear

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you've heard of jockstraps now get ready for GEEK STRAPZ :krad:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've never used the motion controllers with my VR headset. I really only like VR for racing and flight sims.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

I don't know if I have the patience for a full playthrough these days, but I don't think I've played anything quite like Morrowind in terms of worldbuilding and immersion and also I've fallen down a lore-hole on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages and can't get out, no seriously please help I spent a good ninety minutes last night reading about Bretons and the Reachmen it's not even relevant to the poo poo I'm doing in-game.

I've been down that Wiki hole and there's a lot of good lore... that basically never comes up in the actual games. Meanwhile we get plenty of quests where we get to play with "HEY THATS THE NAME OF THE GAME" items willy nilly while you become the mega wizard of the world by demonstrating you can burp on command.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/UniNewsToday/status/1372319301768597504

What are you doing out in public without a mask on you are like sixty-eight years old.

why are so many of the dancers wearing floppy red chef hats? r they the cooking mamas

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 18, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I've never used the motion controllers with my VR headset. I really only like VR for racing and flight sims.
hand controllers are good, in my opinion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They are good, but not necessarily for racing and flight sims, you want a controller with physical feedback to match the real experience and that's not something that can be done with a free-floating motion controller

No Man's Sky lets you use motion controllers to fly your ship and there's a long adaptation period as you get used to the joystick not pushing back or returning itself to neutral and learn to do those things yourself

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey any updates on the crank game boy?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I've been down that Wiki hole and there's a lot of good lore... that basically never comes up in the actual games. Meanwhile we get plenty of quests where we get to play with "HEY THATS THE NAME OF THE GAME" items willy nilly while you become the mega wizard of the world by demonstrating you can burp on command.

Even though I'm enjoying Morrowind at the moment, I have way, way more fun reading about the Elder Scrolls than I do playing any of the games.

Like the fact that the sun and stars are holes in the fabric of the world that let magic leak in, and were left behind after several of the gods noped the gently caress out during the creation of the world when they realised how much of themselves and their power they would have to give up to finish it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

they got absolutely hosed over by coronavirus and basically havent said poo poo about it for almost 6 months. its still coming probably though, and it still has a wonderful crank on it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

James Rolfe's still making Youtube vids

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

15 minutes until Square announces free to play Avengers.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

oh drat is that happening? Glad I never bought it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I will happily download the Avengers game for free and mess around with it for like 45 minutes before forgetting I have it installed until I uninstall it in four months :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It's one of the few games out there that has Series X / PS5 support, so i'll download this for that reason alone lol.