Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

nah, this hasn't been true for years

Huh, for real? I hadn't heard of any breakthroughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

Huh, for real? I hadn't heard of any breakthroughs.

I mean, hardware accelerated homebrew has been around for ages. If you're thinking of the Retroarch bounty for gpu accelerated cores, that's a separate issue that has more to do with open source licenses than anything else.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

VitaGL is a 3rd party OpenGL driver that solves the problem of GPU acceleration for homebrew.

The GTA games only work because of VitaGL

The status of every android app that is being tested for the GTA:SA treatment can be found here, the list of possible games to be ported is really crazy:

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Android2Vita-Candidate-Ports-List/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen

Bully specifically has been found to work with the Vita CPU as well as VitaGL, so it’s probably just a matter of time

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Android2Vita-Candidate-Ports-List/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+bully

E: I’m not sure why bully doesn’t have the candidate tag yet but fingers crossed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Neat

e:ooh, the Kotors

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 17, 2021

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just finished up the Final Fantasy X remake on PS4, and I ended up using Vita remote play a ton. Games like that are like the perfect use case for remote play, love it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Minidust posted:

Just finished up the Final Fantasy X remake on PS4, and I ended up using Vita remote play a ton. Games like that are like the perfect use case for remote play, love it.

Turn-based rpgs are perfect for remote play. I played some Yakuza as well, and that was fine. I'm not sure if there was anything official mentioned by the developers, but Persona 5 seems like it was built with Vita remote play partially in mind, or at least considered.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

Neat

e:ooh, the Kotors

oh poo poo I would play the gently caress out of the kotors on that nice rear end OLED

13 sentinels is perfect for remote play btw

general chaos
May 20, 2001
That's a lot of fantastic games potentially arriving on the Vita. Shame they couldn't have been ported officially.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's criminal we never got a San Andreas stories with the empire building from VCS, so much wasted potential.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Man I'm about to go crazy over my SD2Vita adapter bugging out. Not sure if the adapter went bad or what.

I hacked my vita a year or so ago, then my 8 year old got hold of the Vita and messed up a bunch of settings, so I just reformatted the Vita and rehacked it last week. My SD2Vita was working great a year ago but after redoing everything I cannot for the life of me get it to work or be recognized by the Vita. Last week it not working I chalked it up to tiredness and not following directions.

Tried it again this week, followed the directions twice but the Vita just gets stuck at I think its the Enso logo? I have to manually turn off the Vita and remove the SD2Vita to get the system to boot up. Holding L while booting boots it fine also.

It's a PSP 2000 with no Sony Memory Card in it, just the SD2Vita with a 128 gig card.

Anyone have any tips?

Edit: Hmm I'm thinking the SD2Vita is fried, the logs say GC2SD not mounted and I get no data access lights on the Vita.

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 28, 2021

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

They're fairly cheap on Amazon so you might as well get a new one (or more than one, just in case I guess)

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Ignis posted:

They're fairly cheap on Amazon so you might as well get a new one (or more than one, just in case I guess)

Yeah that’s what I’m doing!

—-

Is SNES emulation still off on the Vita? I fired up FF VI /3 and holy audio crackling Batman. I figured the Vita was powerful enough to brute force that stuff. I tried a couple different cores but that really surprised me. Same with Yoshis island.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not entirely up to date, but I still don't think it's great. Sony actually really underclocked the cpu on the vita, which I believe is the main culprit. It runs at only 444Mhz. afaik the community has only been able to OC it to 500Mhz.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Disappointing Pie posted:

Yeah that’s what I’m doing!

—-

Is SNES emulation still off on the Vita? I fired up FF VI /3 and holy audio crackling Batman. I figured the Vita was powerful enough to brute force that stuff. I tried a couple different cores but that really surprised me. Same with Yoshis island.

I gave up trying to run SNES games on my Vita TV. Depending on the core I use I either get 57 frames a second with crap audio, or 31 frames a second and audio to match.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

FYI if you want to overclock it look for psvshell, there is another overclock plugin the community likes but the edgelord developers called it “LOLICon” so it’s a disgusting google that’ll get you on a list somewhere.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

History Comes Inside! posted:

FYI if you want to overclock it look for psvshell, there is another overclock plugin the community likes but the edgelord developers called it “LOLICon” so it’s a disgusting google that’ll get you on a list somewhere.

Are there any concerns from overclocking other than faster battery drain? I'm mainly interested in OC to 500 MHz strictly for emulation, but I really don't need to do it if the cons outweigh the pros.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s just the battery drain.

Standard disclaimer though you could always be the first person who’s vita explodes.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 2, 2021

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to view the games I actually own for my Vita? I can look at the download list, but that doesn't go back very far. You used to be able to see your purchase history in the playstation web site, but that only offers PS4/5/VR as filter options now.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Can you copy screenshots off a Vita without using that weird proprietary content manager thing?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's a program that spoofs it to give you file view I think but I can't remember the name

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I use an FTP utility to browse the Vita. (assuming you're on cfw)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I use an FTP utility to browse the Vita. (assuming you're on cfw)

Also worth mentioning if you’re on CFW you can use vitashell to mount it as a USB drive instead of using FTP if you’re lazy/not versed in FTP usage.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Can you copy screenshots off a Vita without using that weird proprietary content manager thing?

PS3 if you have one.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Necrothatcher posted:

https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,51.0.html

You can then download them with vitashell.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Also worth mentioning if you’re on CFW you can use vitashell to mount it as a USB drive instead of using FTP if you’re lazy/not versed in FTP usage.

Ta, that worked.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
What's the best Miku game on the Vita?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Marx Headroom posted:

What's the best Miku game on the Vita?

All of them!

But if only picking one, probably Diva F2.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ys: Memories of Celceta (with case)
Trails of Cold Steel (cartridge only)

$50 shipped anywhere in the US seem fair? Reply here and DM for venmo or paypal

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ys: Memories of Celceta (with case)
Trails of Cold Steel (cartridge only)

$50 shipped anywhere in the US seem fair? Reply here and DM for venmo or paypal

you probably wanna do that in SA-mart for accountability reasons

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

i like to risk it for the biscuit

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So with the rumors that you may not be able to buy vita games (off the psn) what do you think is the most important games to grab?

Let me put it in a different question. If you could only keep 5-10 games on the vita, what would you pick.

I'd go with

Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Shovel Knight
Final Fantasy X
Undertale
Salt and Sanctuary
EDF (both)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

All of them!

But if only picking one, probably Diva F2.

this, they're all good, but I enjoyed Diva F 2nd the most

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looking down my trophy list it seems like they eventually ported everything i played to ps4 or did a new release on ps4 like steinsgate elite so my list of must-get vita exclusives is

persona 4 golden

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Also given that persona 4 Golden is expensive physical ($50) and you can grab it digitally for $20, it's a fantastic purchase. Rpgs are always great games on the go.

I'm actually trying to work my way through the sly collection. I want to get all the trophies so I can finish those games and delete them.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Are the rumors about the vita store closing true? I need to find a way to back up all my stuff then because my 64gb card isn't going to hold everything

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Are the rumors about the vita store closing true? I need to find a way to back up all my stuff then because my 64gb card isn't going to hold everything

Content manager will let you back any games up onto a computer, but the real answer is just install CFW and download everything to a computer in a much easier to manage way because content manager is an absolute piece of poo poo.

Invest in an SD2Vita too because that 64gb card is on borrowed time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah its closing in August but AFAIK you can still download old purchases once it closes. Who knows how long they will keep that alive though.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Content manager will let you back any games up onto a computer, but the real answer is just install CFW and download everything to a computer in a much easier to manage way because content manager is an absolute piece of poo poo.

Invest in an SD2Vita too because that 64gb card is on borrowed time.

What do you mean borrowed time? Do they just randomly break or is Sony gonna brick them?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just rumours at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

What do you mean borrowed time? Do they just randomly break or is Sony gonna brick them?

The memory cards for vita are notorious for just ceasing to function after some time, especially the larger ones.