Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's a storm outside my house right now and yet the sun is still shining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

The Snydercut got released so the nice/cool/chill fans get their movie, AND Snyder told the chuds to gently caress off, so the lovely fans hate him now. This is the best possible ending for this whole saga imo :unsmith:

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 18, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

The Snydercut got released so the nice/cool/chill fans get their movie, AND Snyder told the chuds to gently caress off, so the lovely fans hate him now. This is the best possible ending for this whole saga imo :unsmith:

Now I heard that there’s a secret cord, that David played, and it pleased the Lord...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Snyder cut is so loving good. It’s full of heart, and the action is fuckin badass. People are gonna act offended some characters say gently caress and there’s blood but it’s great. Blood is great.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's an incredibly wild move that Snyder said that First Cow makes for a good double feature with his cut, but hell if it gets more people to check out First Cow then that's great :cheerdoge:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I've been fairly Snyder indifferent but honestly I really enjoyed JUSTICE LEAGUE. I have plenty of reservations (please, someone introduce colour back to movies) and I'm sure if I watch it again I could be more critical of it, but I'm really flummoxed by the criticisms that it's 'basically' the same movie. If you were going to reduce the movie down to a log-line then sure, but theme, character, execution, it's all different.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Steppenwolf has a character ffs lmao

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I just finished watching BVS and loved it! Going to watch Wonder Woman, then Aquaman, and finally Justice League.

Should I bother watching the Whedon version first? Or should I just skip to the Snydercut

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 18, 2021

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jamie Faith posted:

I just finished watching BVS and loved it! Going to watch Wonder Woman, now then Aquaman, tand finally Justice League.

Should I bother watching the Whedon version first? Or should I just skip to the Snydercut

Let me put it this way: when chris Nolan went to the premiere of Whedon’s justice league, the first thing he did afterwards was call up zack and basically re-enact the recording scene from Grizzly Man

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 18, 2021

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'd just skip to Snyder since it's 4 loving hours.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jamie Faith posted:

I just finished watching BVS and loved it! Going to watch Wonder Woman, now then Aquaman, tand finally Justice League.

Snyder League comes first before those so do the Snyder cut next.

Watch the Whedon cut later for giggles.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ah ok. also holy poo poo it's early in the morning and I made a shitload of typos in that post lol "now then Aquaman, tand finally Justice League" wtf lol sorry about that

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jamie Faith posted:

Do NOT watch the Whedons cut, a deformity so hateful to sight and memory.

Zacks Justice League loving owned. Cyborg and Flash actually have character arcs , the people of color that Whedons deleted in favor of that loving Russian family are back in the film and everything is just pure Snyder.

I loved it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Counter point do watch the Whedon cut because youll be gobsmacked

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Counter point do watch the Whedon cut because youll be gobsmacked

I still can't believe I saw THAT in the cinemas. Not a big enough gif of "What were they thinking???" exists.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barney Gumble: "IT BEGINS!"

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372536026112135172

"Zack Snyder bends the knee." :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The convo is chill and civil so it's not s huge deal or anything but the posts that are just "I saw this movie, was good" are prob better served in cinema discussio

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Snyder pulled the greatest con of all: only people that already enjoy his movies would bother watching 4h of a bad movie's director's cut, so the rest of us will never be able to say if it's an improvement or not.

Motherfucker's a genius.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Archer666 posted:

I enjoyed Man of Steel mostly cause the action scenes felt really good. Like everything had a certain weight and there were small details that I really appreciated in the fights, like characters having certain differences in fighting styles and such. At times it felt like the action was a lot better realized than Marvel movies at the time, visually at least.

the fight between supes and zod is actually really drat good.
one thing I noticed rewatching clips of it is how exaggerated and stylized the CGI action actually is. It’s aiming for the maximum possible impact and not realism and more CGI-heavy movies should be like that

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 18, 2021

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dias posted:

Snyder pulled the greatest con of all: only people that already enjoy his movies would bother watching 4h of a bad movie's director's cut, so the rest of us will never be able to say if it's an improvement or not.

Motherfucker's a genius.

If you visit Twitter you will in fact find that a lot of people who don’t like snyder and were never gonna like the movie anyway nevertheless decided to get up super early on a weekday and piss away four hours of their life on a self inflicted bad time, to which I say: lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jamie Faith posted:

Speaking of which, just saw this on Twitter. He called out Geeks and Gamers ( a comics gate chud rear end in a top hat) and the chuds are very mad lol

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372383386552111104

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1372388672558014465

Lol Film Gob. I remember when he got started by making comparison shots of the RedLetterMedia videos that mocked Collider. Then Jay was asked about them and his answer was "okay, but why would you need to watch a video to explain :thejoke:" and Film Gob stopped doing the comparisons. This is what he gets up to nowadays with other like-minded outrage generators?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Weird that adults still laugh at what people choose to watch but that's just me

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

If you visit Twitter you will in fact find that a lot of people who dont like snyder and were never gonna like the movie anyway nevertheless decided to get up super early on a weekday and piss away four hours of their life on a self inflicted bad time, to which I say: lol

Yeah, but it's Twitter, people do stuff just so they can be mad on Twitter.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Weird that adults still laugh at what people choose to watch but that's just me

Adults make fun of what other adults watch/listen/read all the time. This is not a new phenomenon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Lol Film Gob. I remember when he got started by making comparison shots of the RedLetterMedia videos that mocked Collider. Then Jay was asked about them and his answer was "okay, but why would you need to watch a video to explain :thejoke:" and Film Gob stopped doing the comparisons. This is what he gets up to nowadays with other like-minded outrage generators?

I like Film Gob's 'Hello darkness my old friend' middle distance gaze in the free frame there.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Maybe it's because S.A. is slightly less than a complete trash fire, but it seems most people are saying 'It's pretty good, long, sure with a few flaws. But pretty good!'

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Garrand posted:

On another note, Civvie's playing more of the Postal 4 Alpha some more so content warnings for everything that involves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwfl7Zx35b4

Civvie is sure flattered by RWS putting him in the game and he sure loves this drat series but holy poo poo the game is just dire and its references wither into cringe like immediately

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

fatherboxx posted:

Civvie is sure flattered by RWS putting him in the game and he sure loves this drat series but holy poo poo the game is just dire and its references wither into cringe like immediately

Yeah, kind of a bummer with the Postal videos... I think they're his worst videos (due to the game itself) but he likes doing them:

Civvie in the Patreon post for this video posted:

for now I've got another Postal video, my absolute favorites to work on. They usually don't require any fancy editing and explaining the game's nonsense with a straight face is a joy.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

was Postal ever good? I genuinely don't get why Civvie features the game so much....even the shooting on the old games looks very bad.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Famethrowa posted:

was Postal ever good? I genuinely don't get why Civvie features the game so much....even the shooting on the old games looks very bad.

POSTAL was like 90s edginess: the game. I was never a fan but I did have a soft spot for the similar Cyprus Hill game KINGPIN: LIFE OF CRIME.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Dawgstar posted:

The only thing I cared about with the Snyder Cut was Comicsgate shitheads believing they had power or clout and the fact that they are spending the morning of release day when they should be celebrating making videos titled “gently caress ZACK SNYDER” brings me immense joy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Famethrowa posted:

Not really, but it can be a fun podcast/audiobook game like battlefield or borderlands.

Dawgstar posted:

Well I am a child but next time I have hbo max or whatever. I’ll watch it. Just because lol these morons are mad at him for calling them bigoted assholes.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jamie Faith posted:

Honestly I never liked any of the Synder DC movies but I think Synder's an okay guy. I actually hope for him to finish his story one way or another.

I absolutely loved his Watchman movie, though.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

Postal 1 isn't good at all, it's a pretty lame and ultra-edgy isometric shooter.

Postal 2 is kind of but in a weird way in that it's very janky but there's a lot of fun in even just watching the absolute chaos that can happen in the game -- you don't even need to do too much for that to happen. You get set utterly mundane tasks and ridiculousness just happens around you. There's tons and tons of super edgy humour, mind you. Before the South Park games came out it was probably as close as you could get to a South Park game. Not for everyone.

Postal 3 is a complete abomination and probably one of the worst games ever made. However, Running With Scissors had nothing at all to do with it so in their eyes it doesn't really count cause they hate it too. It was made by some Russians.

I've not played the new one.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 18, 2021

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I didn't care for his take on Watchman as a whole - I think the movie really fumbles Veidt, Rorschach, and Dr. Manhattan in particular - but the opening credits sequence is an honest to god work of cinematic mastery.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The nicest thing I can say about Watchmen is that it's really committed to making 1985 look the way it actually looked and not just like a pastiche of the 80s like a lazier movie would do. Even the sci-fi poo poo has a mid-80s design, which is different from an early 80s design or a late-80s design.

I think as a movie it's reach exceeds its grasp, as it's clearly trying to say things at some point but then just says the opposite at some points.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

I've been fairly Snyder indifferent but honestly I really enjoyed JUSTICE LEAGUE. I have plenty of reservations (please, someone introduce colour back to movies)

God yes, I can't stand this gross washed out color scheme we've been cursed with. Like we're watching a flashback for 2h 44m

Anyway, I watched both of the Deadpool movies since they were on Hulu and I'll be damned if they didn't both have very interesting and fun fight scenes. Since they're packing him into the MCU for real with the third one I hope to god that and Covid don't ruin the fight choreography.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

RareAcumen posted:

God yes, I can't stand this gross washed out color scheme we've been cursed with. Like we're watching a flashback for 2h 44m

Anyway, I watched both of the Deadpool movies since they were on Hulu and I'll be damned if they didn't both have very interesting and fun fight scenes. Since they're packing him into the MCU for real with the third one I hope to god that and Covid don't ruin the fight choreography.

Deadpool 2 has the best character ever. Domino. And the best cameo ever. Brad pitt.

e; I haven't read a single comic book with her in it. All I know is her from deadpool 2. And it's the best.

Qwezz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

RareAcumen posted:

Birds of Prey had refreshingly uh "real" fight scenes, too. I guess because they were doing lots of their own fighting instead of using doubles and quick cuts/cgi to mask it with artificially tight action.

It reminds me a lot of how Every Frame a Painting described why the action in Jackie Chan movies is so fun and good.

https://youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ