Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dreylad posted:

i suspect bringing democracy to cspam modding would end up with the same mods but who knows

sending the intellectuals of lf to educate the trump thread lumpenproles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

3 posted:

as to be expected whenever the state department brings democracy to any given location

looking forward to the pics of [redacted] getting dragged out of a cardboard box in a kitten v-neck

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I have long argued that modding, mod selection, etc. should reflect the unique needs of the subforum. Someone made a joke post a while ago that everyone who posts in TFR should be able to probate any other TFR poster, and that if 2 or 3 people probe the same post that the poster should be banned instead.

Likewise, I think that CSPAM mod selection and rule making should be set up like the people's democratic structures of Cuba or DPRK.

ONE USER HAS THE POSTS, AND THE OTHER DOES NOT HAVE THE POSTS

THE USER WITH THE POSTS CALLS THE MODS PEDOPHILES, AND THE USER WITHOUT THE POSTS EMPTYQUOTES

IF THE USER WITH THE POSTS GETS BANNED, THE USER WITHOUT THE POSTS WILL COPY THE POST AND TELL THE MODS TO FREE LARRY!

URRAHHHHHHHHH!!!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the great cspam democractic centralism experiment, aye

gradenko_2000 posted:

ONE USER HAS THE POSTS, AND THE OTHER DOES NOT HAVE THE POSTS

THE USER WITH THE POSTS CALLS THE MODS PEDOPHILES, AND THE USER WITHOUT THE POSTS EMPTYQUOTES

IF THE USER WITH THE POSTS GETS BANNED, THE USER WITHOUT THE POSTS WILL COPY THE POST AND TELL THE MODS TO FREE LARRY!

URRAHHHHHHHHH!!!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I have long argued that modding, mod selection, etc. should reflect the unique needs of the subforum. Someone made a joke post a while ago that everyone who posts in TFR should be able to probate any other TFR poster, and that if 2 or 3 people probe the same post that the poster should be banned instead.

Likewise, I think that CSPAM mod selection and rule making should be set up like the people's democratic structures of Cuba or DPRK.

i would argue that a lot of moderation issues on this website are caused by mods and other posters confusing "having extra buttons" with leadership, politics, importance, etc.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

THS posted:

spinning the wheel on random active posters with a veto system on actual shitheads would be better than moderators picking other moderators

sortition really is the best system

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've been at work, so haven't had a chance to quote this

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

exmarx posted:

i would argue that a lot of moderation issues on this website are caused by mods and other posters confusing "having extra buttons" with leadership, politics, importance, etc.

mods, like politicians, are not leaders to be revered, but tools to be used

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
150 years since the french commune today.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

rip hf

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
free homeless friend and Larry, and imprison the mods and admins

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a Loving Dog posted:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

a Loving Dog posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

what was the racist part of hf's post

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Serf posted:

I assume he interpreted light to mean skin color rather than fatness

I suspect he did so disingenuously

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Serf posted:

it was interpreted by fluffdaddy as racist and by literally everyone else in the entire world as a fat joke

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Algund Eenboom posted:

Looking at the button labeled If I Push This Button Im A loving Moron And Everyone Hates Me, sweating bullets

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

yeah it seems like a fat joke to me

lmao at "i don't have to explain myself." so much better than the lowtax regime

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

it was interpreted by fluffdaddy as racist and by literally everyone else in the entire world as a fat joke

Hey now, hf also made some other jokes that weren't racist either, gotta punish him for this!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It sucks that one of the overlords of this site that I generally like is transparently a rank rear end in a top hat and lovely person and there's nothing to be done about it

Nowhere on the internet is good... except the pokey the penguin webcomic

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Demod squizzle and flavious and move the trump thread to CCCC

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
wtf homeless friend is the best

just checked the rap sheet and that was such an obvious fat joke lmao mods are dotarded

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
can't spell

the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

without "mod"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

without "mod"

:hmmyes:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

without "mod"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

without "mod"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I thought it was a skin color joke at first, but I read the probation reason before I read the post. Had a real “ooooohhh duh :doh:” moment afterwards.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dustcat posted:

this thread has gone from fyad lite to full fyad, there's just literally nothing happening but emptyquotes

a Loving Dog posted:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Also it’s still winter, banishing homeless friends is remarkably cruel.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Fortaleza posted:

this

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

without "mod"

checks out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

looks like he also read What Is To Be Dumb

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will never read a book

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

without "mod"

Fortaleza posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

looks like he also read What Is To Be Dumb

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

first you got your game wardens and k9s

and then theres the are troops

u get onto the men in blue followed by the mall cops

and then theres like the paul blarts and supertroopers and so on

you descend deeper and you find the prison cops and camp guards and the grand wizards and catholic high priests

beyond the realm of betrayers, you hit the bottom. an awful left over substance. a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a waterlogged brain, and a combination backbone made of jelly and glue. a scab. where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

but then you peer behind the dark soul. a duct? you swipe away the disgusting muck, working at it tirelessly. you make headway, but start reeling. clamping your nostrils to no avail, the putrid mounds bring you to uncontrollably poo poo and vomit. but something compels you. you must know. you wade through your own filth, shoveling for what seems an eternity. until you find yourself through the bile.

...and there. there it is. the forum cop.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't spell

without "mod"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
mods are dumb for not having reading comprehension but I’d be fine with people catching a probe for fat shaming every now and then