Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Seams posted:

I hope wherever he goes it's a place that recognises his talent and skills. Doesn't have to be AEW.

That is any wrestling promotion that isn't WWE, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Could be ROH to do Igobernables stuff

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Andrade debuted on the main roster in 2018 so would have signed the standard contract extension then so he'll be free in spring/summer 2023 (I think he missed a few months from injury)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Andrade debuted on the main roster in 2018 so would have signed the standard contract extension then so he'll be free in spring/summer 2023 (I think he missed a few months from injury)

Andrade organize a union 2021 challenge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

wasn't standard before AEW only 3 years?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

Keeping in mind it is entirely possible Vince dies before then

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

wasn't standard before AEW only 3 years?

I thought so but I figure he wouldn't be asking for his release if he was only a couple of months from being done

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

2023 seems like such a long time away.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
im surprised andrade didnt leave as soon as he saw his original gear for nxt honestly.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Seams posted:

im surprised andrade didnt leave as soon as he saw his original gear for nxt honestly.

I distinctly remember stories about him wanting to leave very early on because he hated it then too.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I’m surprised his relationship with Charlotte hasn’t protected him more to be honest. I would assume she’s got a lot of pull backstage but I guess nobody does these days.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Dacap posted:

Keeping in mind it is entirely possible Vince dies before then

Not a hope

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dacap posted:

I’m surprised his relationship with Charlotte hasn’t protected him more to be honest. I would assume she’s got a lot of pull backstage but I guess nobody does these days.

If McMahon lusts after your girl, it means big trouble for you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince would absolutely see your wife (?) being more over than you as you being a weak little baby beta male.

It doesn’t matter that he’s the guy who made that happen.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

nobody does anything to protect any other worker in the WWE because they either buy the mentality that everyone there is getting whatever they deserve based on their own merits and effort or they leave and get called bitter

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Power Windows posted:

I think the 90 days doesn't apply if the contract runs out.

In that case, they'll release him one day before his contract runs out so he still gets hit with the 90-day no-compete clause.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know if this sounds ghoulish to say.. but you would kind of hope they'd maybe have learned a little empathy about this kind of situation from what happened with Brodie.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Pylons posted:

I don't know if this sounds ghoulish to say.. but you would kind of hope they'd maybe have learned a little empathy about this kind of situation from what happened with Brodie.

If they are still making the most money they don’t care if everyone else in the industry views their company as the bad guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

I don't think anyone does because it's not real leverage. The people who have pull in WWE seem to just be the folks Vince likes or have ideas he likes. But they've worked hard to make the brand the product and not have to depend on performers for revenue. No one is a cash cow to WWE, there is no one who can walk away and impact the business poorly in their eyes.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, i think the only person who is able to have the upper hand in WWE negotiations is Lesnar becuase he genuinely doesn’t give a poo poo. Once or twice a year Vince sends a dump truck of money to his cabin in Saskatchewan and he shows up for a 2 min match and fucks off.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think someone on Reddit mentioned this, but couldn't he just make noise about a union, or not turn up for wellness tests? It's a half-baked idea but gently caress it, I'd try it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I think someone on Reddit mentioned this, but couldn't he just make noise about a union, or not turn up for wellness tests? It's a half-baked idea but gently caress it, I'd try it.

That seems like a good out after what happened with Thea Trinidad, but I imagine there’s a fear that WWE will take it out on Charlotte in the same way they’ve taken Aleister Black off TV.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
right now I don't think it's possible for wwe to treat charlotte negatively but there's always a first time for everything

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thunder Rosa’s husband:

https://twitter.com/briancervantes4/status/1372392112541564932?s=21

Oh I bet you did.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cue billy selling NWA to vince and letting all existing contracts get absorbed in december out of spite

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

In that case, they'll release him one day before his contract runs out so he still gets hit with the 90-day no-compete clause.

I imagine it’s more like “end of contract date or 90 days from release whichever comes first” because that would be extra insane otherwise, even for WWE/America’s crazy employment rules.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

History Comes Inside! posted:

I imagine it’s more like “end of contract date or 90 days from release whichever comes first” because that would be extra insane otherwise, even for WWE/America’s crazy employment rules.

Can't the wrestlers wave the no compete if they decide to not take the extra money?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DakotaKai_WWE/status/1372613502230224900

Dakota Kai has been in NXT five/six years and has not made a main roster appearance yet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

Dakota Kai has been in NXT five/six years and has not made a main roster appearance yet.

ThIrD bRaNd

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1372620911619215362

anyone know what the deal is here?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Rumour is his contracts coming up and well look at how he has been "used" sicne he got there while people who in a vacuum are far less skilled than him and far far less innately charismatic than him not only succeed in other promotions but in his own promotion get pushed over him.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

caught covid and then vince decided he's a bad wrestler

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Vince is, and I cannot stress this enough, a loving idiot

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Critical posted:

caught covid and then vince decided he's a bad wrestler

Vince looks at him and sees a fat guy, they loving made him cover up in the most unflattering outfit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hear me out:

Keith Lee v Shingo
Keith Lee v Goto

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AdamColePro/status/1372624078608199689?s=20

Edit: First time I ever saw Keith Lee perform was on ROH; he did a flip over the top rope onto his opponent and smirked at the camera. I said to myself "That man's a SUPERSTAR."

Of course WWE would gently caress it up.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 18, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid posted:

Hasn't she been injured for like half of that?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Lid posted:

Vince looks at him and sees a fat guy, they loving made him cover up in the most unflattering outfit.

This was from my news feed on Dec 10, 2020
I didn't do the mosiac. Was there blood smeared on his chest or were his man-boobs too much?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hear me out:

Keith Lee v Shingo
Keith Lee v Goto

Keith Lee v Ishii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Keith Lee vs :wato: