Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jets should sign Lindsay and pair him with Ty Johnson and form the RB duo with the most hair.

But seriously Lindsay would be a great fit in a wide zone scheme and the Jets should take a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Jets should sign Lindsay and pair him with Ty Johnson and form the RB duo with the most hair.

But seriously Lindsay would be a great fit in a wide zone scheme and the Jets should take a look.

I think they are going to sign him lol. I don't think he's very good though, would much rather have Chris Carson of the FA RB's.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sure, I guess. From what I recall he wasn't used very much in the passing game and I dont know if that was just a Broncos scheme decision or based on his ability.

Also,
https://twitter.com/BBISH30/status/1372551180539334658

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gettleman rules.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sure, I guess. From what I recall he wasn't used very much in the passing game and I dont know if that was just a Broncos scheme decision or based on his ability.

So far Joe Douglas' track record on RB's is complete garbage.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 18, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Magicpants posted:

i do not understand the broncos disdain for lindsay. kid is better than melvin gordon. could easily start for someone.

The Broncos are loving stupid and replaced Lindsay with MIKE BOONE, BABYYY

the backup to the Dalvin Cook's backup :eng99:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mike Glennon is still in the league?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mike Glennon is still in the league?

Mike Glennon started 5 games for the Jaguars last year lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Now that is how you tank properly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

Hey it worked out for them.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

So far Joe Douglas' track record on RB's is complete garbage.
What's his track record with running backs?

Drafting Perine in the 4th. Bad so far but so are most mid-round picks I guess.
Signing Gore, which was obviously by Gase's request.
Signing Josh Adams, who has been good with limited reps.

Is Lindsay better than Adams or Ty Johnson? I dunno. Seems like a vet minimum type signing if anything.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

What's his track record with running backs?

Drafting Perine in the 4th. Bad so far but so are most mid-round picks I guess.
Signing Gore, which was obviously by Gase's request.
Signing Josh Adams, who has been good with limited reps.

Is Lindsay better than Adams or Ty Johnson? I dunno.

The fact that Gore kept getting reps all year while Josh Adams wasn't even active half the games and only got 29 carries all year was a joke. Douglas controls the 53 so i blame him at least partly.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Now that is how you tank properly.

He and the refs almost beat the Browns :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Supposedly the Saints are under the cap but damned if I can find any info on who they restructured or who they resigned to do it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372560205620379648

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Supposedly the Saints are under the cap but damned if I can find any info on who they restructured or who they resigned to do it.

If you can read the Athletic:
https://theathletic.com/2440423/2021/03/16/how-the-saints-saved-100-million-and-got-under-the-salary-cap/

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Do the jets have a quarterback? I keep seeing them making moves but the thought of “who is throwing the ball?” keeps coming up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ort posted:

Do the jets have a quarterback? I keep seeing them making moves but the thought of “who is throwing the ball?” keeps coming up.

They will draft one. 2nd overall pick in a year with 5? first round QBs

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

They will draft one. 2nd overall pick in a year with 5? first round QBs

Cool. I am someone who loves underdog teams and when rookies do well, hope they draft a good one.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

More JuJu

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1372569920907706368?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thanks. The Armstead restructuring was the one I hadn't heard as being official yet, but I'm sure more news will get out eventually.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah, time to break the big news

https://twitter.com/GabeIkard/status/1372571134139465729

Belldozer :toot:

Jesus he's 30 already, how is he still in the league?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle trading a 5th round pick for an established guard who's done pretty well staying healthy in his career is good but lol Seattle only has 3 picks in this upcoming draft.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Seattle trading a 5th round pick for an established guard who's done pretty well staying healthy in his career is good but lol Seattle only has 3 picks in this upcoming draft.

Where did the picks go?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs OL is in a weird spot where after Long/Thuney signings they have like 6 players available at Guard, 1 is great, 2 are alright, the other 3 are kinda below average but not a disaster. But no Center or LT, or RT. Maybe an all-guard OL, with them lining up behind each other with Mahomes in the middle like the Flying V

Allegretti is the center, Niang is the RT

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

Allegretti is the center, Niang is the RT

I hope Niang pans out but he’s currently a 3rd round redshirt rookie recovering from injury with 0 NFL snaps, so I dunno how solid he will be

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean I hear you but he's also a first round talent and he's also already recovered, not recovering. I also wouldn't rule out Schwartz or Fisher coming back if their recovery is going well.

I understand what you're saying but it's also not really true that they don't have a center or RT

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I guess Kyle Long is as likely to play RT as Niang too. Maybe Martinas Rankin will be something. drat I wish we had gotten Trent

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Kyle Long is the savior the Chiefs are in trouble.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where did the picks go?

To the Jets for Jamal Adams

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Kyle Long is the savior the Chiefs are in trouble.

As I remember he was an ok guard when he played? Just that the whole being healthy and playing thing hasn't really been his thing for quite a while.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders had like one OL on the roster when Kyle Long was in the building and still let him get on a plane and go to the Chiefs if that answers any questions about it

Raiders are probably out of the Juju watch

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1372585809912635394

Since Vic Tafur burned his way out of favor in the eyes of the Raiders during the move from Oakland, Vinny B is the new Raiders mouthpiece

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Raiders apparently want to try and run an offense without an offensive line.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Raiders had like one OL on the roster when Kyle Long was in the building and still let him get on a plane and go to the Chiefs if that answers any questions about it

Nah, he visited the Raiders as a courtesy for his dad. he’s coming out of retirement to ring chase, not go 4-12 blocking for autistic Jesse Pinkman

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao what the hell is gruden doing.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
He probably had a bad physical and the desperate Chiefs are counting on him and Thuney to be their one step forward in their three steps back approach to protecting Mahomes :allears:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Nah, he visited the Raiders as a courtesy for his dad. he’s coming out of retirement to ring chase, not go 4-12 blocking for autistic Jesse Pinkman

Then he should have joined the Bills.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1372591092651151369?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

He's another year removed from injury and was a low tier starting caliber center at his best. Big question mark is the awful snaps. My guess is that problem will either go away entirely or get even worse depending on if he's able to get his head right.

Good depth signing so long as you aren't putting all your eggs in one basket with him as your starting center.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

seiferguy posted:

I can think of one way for Seattle to snag a boatload of picks before draft day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ten teams and I’ve never heard of this guy

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1372594962748030977?s=21