Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

I don’t think someone would make up being so upset that they poo poo themselves. :fork:

Viral advertising for OBJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Yeah there seems to be a pattern here and it’s pretty gross.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So it’s escalated from sexual misconduct to outright rape. Yikes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jack Easterby is going to end up being the hero in this story!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Welp there are no heroes

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yeah the benefit of the doubt is gone now, yikes

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Man there's no good end to this...

If Deshaun truly is a sexual predator his career is deservedly over and Jack Easterby wins yet again. Even if Deshaun settles this out of court the rumors will follow him forever.

If it's not true and Buzbee is fabricating a monstrous lie then it seriously hurts legitimately sexually assaulted women, especially those in Houston where it's already a huge problem.

If the Texans are helping Buzbee fabricate that monstrous lie I'm utterly done with the Texans, like How Bout Them Cowboys and never appear on my TV again level done.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 18, 2021

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
welp, dammit. best to not think too highly of anyone.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans still deserve to be written off, they don't get a pass if Deshaun is a lovely creep

This just means it's time to write Deshaun off too if it's true

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

dirty shrimp money posted:

If the Texans are helping Buzbee fabricate that monstrous lie I'm utterly done with the Texans, like How Bout Them Cowboys and never appear on my TV again level done.

Don't forget, Cal is ready to ask the city for more money to upgrade the stadium.

where do the Texans move to, now that LA has two teams? St. Louis?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hooo buddy yeah that's yeah. I understand anonymity and all and I'd like to know there's actual accusers but I'm certainly leaning "get hosed Deshaun"

2020 was wild but making GBS threads ones self would be one helluva flourish for a whole cloth trump election make em up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Don't forget, Cal is ready to ask the city for more money to upgrade the stadium.

where do the Texans move to, now that LA has two teams? St. Louis?

San Diego

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

They literally just tore down their stadium, like two weeks ago.

But playing in a parking lot seems about right for the Texans at the moment.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Make them swap places with the original Texans IMO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
San Antonio

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Where’s that saddlecreek church place

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah I don't even know. This has to go to court. Back to seeming entirely plausible that he's made this poo poo up whole cloth.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I genuinely would not be surprised by any outcome at this point.

Every possible outcome is crushingly sad though.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Well we never paid them for the Rockets

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Houston Texans have got some problems

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This isn't looking good for Deshaun at all. It takes big balls to demand trades when you have this stuff hanging over your head.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kirios posted:

This isn't looking good for Deshaun at all. It takes big balls to demand trades when you have this stuff hanging over your head.

(if this stuff isn't true, it wasn't hanging over his head when he demanded the trade)

That's another part of what makes this really suspicious.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not to this extent, but he knew there was a six figure settlement request before the trade demand. I don't think he expected it to snowball like this (Or he's someone who thinks he's above all of this, which...is pretty gross).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kirios posted:

Not to this extent, but he knew there was a six figure settlement request before the trade demand. I don't think he expected it to snowball like this (Or he's someone who thinks he's above all of this, which...is pretty gross).

Hasn’t the lawyer denied that the woman was looking for a settlement?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
If he has done this multiple times people like that don't operate worrying about the consequences of past poo poo.

Louis Ck was making jokes on his show about him being a rapey perv while it was all just rumors and he was letting his comedy friends defend him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hasn’t the lawyer denied that the woman was looking for a settlement?

Yeah the request to the court is the 500$ minimum assuming the accusers exist so this is entirely about outing him. I doubt he knew this was coming when he put in the request.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Deshaun claims the lawyer privately asked for a six figure settlement before going public

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Deshaun claims the lawyer privately asked for a six figure settlement before going public

This is something I absolutely believe happened.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

This is something I absolutely believe happened.

Not sure I do.

This guy is rich as poo poo. What does a sub 1 million dollar settlement do for him?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I wonder if this doesn't diminish his trade value but just changes what teams would trade for him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pershing posted:

I wonder if this doesn't diminish his trade value but just changes what teams would trade for him.

Dude has bigger things to worry about than playing football right now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure I do.

This guy is rich as poo poo. What does a sub 1 million dollar settlement do for him?

How do you think attorneys get rich as poo poo? Civil attorneys make money with settlements not court hearings. Court hearings are expensive as gently caress, they preclude you from doing other things, and you don't always win. You always win a settlement.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pershing posted:

Hot new galaxy brain take: David Tepper is the one in Buzbee's ear.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

How do you think attorneys get rich as poo poo? Civil attorneys make money with settlements not court hearings. Court hearings are expensive as gently caress, they preclude you from doing other things, and you don't always win. You always win a settlement.

This lawyer doesn’t seem the kind of guy to go out of his way to avoid the spotlight.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If this is a ploy to leverage Watson then the threat of leaking the settlement would work pretty well. Why would Watson make up a story about being approached?

Edit: Also if he did lie I would think this attorney would have loudly announced that

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 18, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If I have the time line right he released the statement before the minimum award was put in or at the least came out.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah the request to the court is the 500$ minimum assuming the accusers exist so this is entirely about outing him. I doubt he knew this was coming when he put in the request.
The request is for at least $500, because that's boilerplate language to satisfy the court that it has authority to hear the case. I've been similarly vague in multi-million dollar cases where either the damages hadn't been calculated yet, or where no one wanted to be specific.

Pointing to it as though it has some relevance on the damages sought is a sleazy lawyer trick to mislead people that aren't familiar with jurisdiction requirements.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If I have the time line right he released the statement before the minimum award was put in or at the least came out.

This is right. We saw the original IG post, then Watson immediately responded that he was approached for a settlement

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Still can’t believe that all the communication that’s been made has been through the Notes app posted on Instagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

AngusPodgorny posted:

The request is for at least $500,

Ok that's what I was misunderstanding. Learning some poo poo