Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Oh, the last Doom Eternal DLC is out today. Guess I have to redownload 90gb+ of Doom in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah, I dunno if it's actually happening, but the presentation has Avengers on the agenda and it's been the rumor.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that Outriders demo was so rough, I can't imagine it being a big hit

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Co-op rpg shooter set in a dark universe.

Basically Gears of Planet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Outriders won't be a Games as a Service right? Square isn't just being dishonest about this?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'd rather play Bulletstorm again, to be honest

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pentyne posted:

Co-op rpg shooter set in a dark universe.

Basically Gears of Planet?

its strength is that its essentially a B-game in the same way B-movies relate to mainstream movies. it's completely unserious in its approach to what you'd think would be serious, and when you hear that it's a cover shooter where you get random-attributes weapons and have an attack ability, a melee ability, a support ability, and an ultimate ability, it plays exactly the way you think it does. someone's gonna want to play it, but I don't think the general public will appreciate it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The PS5 is much bigger than I anticipated, its mostly the Dracula collar but still

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i am so silly. there was a whole moment where i was like "haha, i'd actually play a just cause BR" and then it was mobile

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hadn't really followed anything to do with Outriders but that trailer piqued my interest. I'll give the demo a go - it can't be worse than Avengers. :v:

I feel like Bubble Bobble and Space Invaders could just be dropped into a store and don't really need to be announced.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1372599664038526989?s=19

Lol, wonder if this one will stick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Black Panther got announced right after this part. No free to play announcement though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bland blunderhurled!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Somebody hang up all these roadmaps in a museum of failure somewhere.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

the amount of roadmap success for a game is pretty much 0%.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

It's wild that they still do this. The most successful GaaS surprise drop all their updates, or at least wait until it's close before announcing it. What's the point in setting yourself up to fail and highlighting how much content the £50 game is missing at launch?

One of these days I'll try a Life is Strange game. They seem cool and good.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 18, 2021

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

stev posted:

It's wild that they still do this. The most successful GaaS surprise drop all their updates, or at least wait until it's close before announcing it. What's the point in setting yourself up to fail and highlighting how much content the £50 game is missing at launch?

the difference is that fortnite is successful so they don't need to constantly build engagement. the floundering GaaSs have to do this thing where they give the people who are still playing or thinking about buying the game a reason to continue caring

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

Sorry we hung up all the Anthem roadmaps and the wall collapsed

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Uh, just go the Star Citizen route and announce 10 years into development that you have a plan to eventually make a roadmap

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The only roadmaps that I actually care about are indie game roadmaps, but also they tend to have full, complete, fun games and the roadmaps are "hey look at all this cool stuff we're adding"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

stev posted:

One of these days I'll try a Life is Strange game. They seem cool and good.

If you've never played them, I think it'll be a great chance later this year since they're releasing remasters of LiS1 and Before the Storm with updated visuals. I love those games, so I'm a little jealous of people that are gonna play them for the first time with a fresh look

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That was a fairly nothing conference but hopefully it means there'll be a good one during E3 season.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i can't believe they unironically did an accoustic Creep cover

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

If you've never played them, I think it'll be a great chance later this year since they're releasing remasters of LiS1 and Before the Storm with updated visuals. I love those games, so I'm a little jealous of people that are gonna play them for the first time with a fresh look

Seems like there’s an Ultimate Edition of the new game True Colors that contains both the remakes and a bonus prequel episode starring Steph from BtS (as well as a deluxe edition that just contains the bonus episode)

Speaking of which, the new Life is Strange game is already available for preorder

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The next Life Is Strange game is a plot to create a new generation of "I can see peoples auras!" women, more info on my blog

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want Final Fantasy 16 news, it has been a long time since we got anything new about that. Square said release in 2021, but I am fully expecting 2023 - 2024 instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Based on previous production schedules we'll have FF16 in 2029

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I just want Final Fantasy 16 news, it has been a long time since we got anything new about that. Square said release in 2021, but I am fully expecting 2023 - 2024 instead.

did they come out and say 2021? I think people have surmised that it could be this year but I don't know that they've dropped a release date just yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

16 is being executive produced by Yoshida, who actually loving knows how to reasonably manage a project, so probably not that long

Also poo poo Balan Wonderworld is out in less than two weeks that's gonna be a bloodbath. No way did they have time to improve it from the demo.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 18, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't think there was ever a release year mentioned for FFXVI. I think Square said there'd be more to reveal in 2021, but didn't promise any release window.

Rarity posted:

I feel more optimistic about this because it's being handled by the division that saved FFXIV, and one thing that division (and Naoki Yoshida) have proven they can do is make games within a reasonable scope, on time, and on budget. If anyone at Square-Enix is going to release a Final Fantasy game with a pretty normal dev cycle and timeline, it's them.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello friends as of today i am now as old as 35 year old dirt

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think XVI will either be this Christmas or mid-2022 at the latest. It's clearly a hell of a lot further developed than most FF games are when they're announced. I think they even said at the time the main story was fully playable and it's just polish/additional poo poo left to do.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe posted:

congratulations dirt friend!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kerrzhe posted:

happy birthday

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kerrzhe posted:

happiest of birthdays, Kerrzhe!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

Happy birthday!

I'll be the same age as 35-year-old dirt myself in August

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Happy birthday

I was the same age as 35 year old dirt :gonk: years ago

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 18, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy Birthday Age Buddy Kerzzhe :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kerrzhe posted:

Happy dirtday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kerrzhe posted:

Happy birthday, you toddler. You utter child.

haveblue posted:

I was the same age as 35 year old dirt :gonk: years ago

:haw::hf::corsair: