Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It is with a heavy heart that I bring you news of Jucika's death
https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1372581693027155975

You may leave your condolences and messages of grief here:
https://celebritiesdeaths.com/jucik...d2#comment-6841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She'll be back in a week, turns out she seduced a mermaid.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Not sure where else to ask this but:

Does anyone recall a funny webcomic about Dracula? The art style was semi-realistic and not cartoonish, but the characters and dialog was all ridiculous. The beginning has 3 vampire hunters - 1 older dude, a young dude and a young lady. The only line I can remember is they are talking about going to fight Dracula and the young dude says "let's get all up in his areas".

I seem to recall the girl having a long bit about what it would be like to bang Dracula?

I'm hoping that's enough info to go on, as my google-fu has failed me thus far.

TIA

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I remember that one. It's one of a series of edits to some comic, if that helps in tracking it down.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RIP Jucika. A sad day for all of us.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

She'll seduce St Peter and be back.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

HaB posted:

Not sure where else to ask this but:

Does anyone recall a funny webcomic about Dracula? The art style was semi-realistic and not cartoonish, but the characters and dialog was all ridiculous. The beginning has 3 vampire hunters - 1 older dude, a young dude and a young lady. The only line I can remember is they are talking about going to fight Dracula and the young dude says "let's get all up in his areas".

I seem to recall the girl having a long bit about what it would be like to bang Dracula?

I'm hoping that's enough info to go on, as my google-fu has failed me thus far.

TIA

http://twiststreet.com/2011/05/dracula-index/

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

YESSSSSSSSS

you are both a gentleman/lady and a scholar.

Thank you.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lmfao

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Zen Pencils seem to have fixed their archives, so I went and found this old favorite:

Winners throw away their life and marriage to play GoT LARP by themselves in the woods.

So inspirational...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SimonChris posted:

Zen Pencils seem to have fixed their archives, so I went and found this old favorite:

Winners throw away their life and marriage to play GoT LARP by themselves in the woods.

So inspirational...

This one's got a new level of funny in light of the garbage fire that was GoT's last season

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy comes back, "So, how was the finale? Oh..."

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

That Dracula post just made me remember Steve Lichman.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I bought both volumes of Lichman a couple weeks back. The first one is amazing, but by the time the second one rolls around it falls into the classic problem of a goofy light-hearted thing that over time finds itself becoming more serious and feeling like it has to tell a complex and emotionally rich story. It works, and it's impressive, and the creator is clealy super talented, but... I liked it when it was a goofy sardonic take on a DnD dungeon. When it becomes a rumination on depression and abuse taking place inside of a Lost Boys parody... it kinda loses me, even if the objective quality is really high.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I bought both volumes of Lichman a couple weeks back. The first one is amazing, but by the time the second one rolls around it falls into the classic problem of a goofy light-hearted thing that over time finds itself becoming more serious and feeling like it has to tell a complex and emotionally rich story. It works, and it's impressive, and the creator is clealy super talented, but... I liked it when it was a goofy sardonic take on a DnD dungeon. When it becomes a rumination on depression and abuse taking place inside of a Lost Boys parody... it kinda loses me, even if the objective quality is really high.

Is the text actually visible in them?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was surprised too when I got the full volumes. A comic series named after a character who's not the main character, and barely even a secondary character.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I remember looking into shipping it to the UK a while back. Sort of glad I didn't bother if that's the case.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SimonChris posted:

So inspirational...

That's not an edit?

:laffo:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is that by the same "artist" who did the wrestling one with the edited quotes from the actual wrestler?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is that by the same "artist" who did the wrestling one with the edited quotes from the actual wrestler?

Yeah they did a comic with quotes from the Ultimate Warrior, who by that time was well known to be a racist homophobe.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

This one's got a new level of funny in light of the garbage fire that was GoT's last season

Also five installments later there is another Zen Pencils with exactly the opposite message.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The original actually didn't have the quotes. Those were an edit to remind people to not lionize that loving bigot.

e: I just realized those could actually be quotes of his final speech on Raw before he died. The edit, however, exists and has some choice words in it.

frankenfreak has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Mar 18, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah they did a comic with quotes from the Ultimate Warrior, who by that time was well known to be a racist homophobe.

Oh thanks, I wouldn't've found it because I didn't remember the name of the superstar.

Korgan posted:

Here you go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Every time I see that edit I get a chuckle out of "fags and muslims still in America.'

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SimonChris posted:

So inspirational...

I don't mean to be too 2021 "woke", but I don't think Charles Bukowski is someone you should really be looking for life advice from.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Straight White Shark posted:

Also five installments later there is another Zen Pencils with exactly the opposite message.

Speaking of quoting someone at length who is well known to be a hateful bigot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Zen Pencils person also did one with an Ayn Rand quote so they clearly don't actually care about the person behind the quote. They just want something that sounds pithy.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
e. beaten

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SimonChris posted:

So inspirational...

Ahh yes, that famous message of Game of Thrones: ditching your family is cool and good. Absolutely.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Absolutely did NOT read this as gum at first.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Every time I see that edit I get a chuckle out of "fags and muslims still in America.'

same

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The Zen Pencils person also did one with an Ayn Rand quote so they clearly don't actually care about the person behind the quote. They just want something that sounds pithy.

quote:

Ayn Rand (1905-1982) was a Russian-American writer and philiosopher. She’s famous for her two novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and creating a new system of philosophy called Objectivism. I didn’t know anything about her before adapting this quote but she seems to have lived a very interesting life. Rand grew up in Russia during the Russian Revolution and later moved to America where she worked as a screenwriter in Hollywood before gaining fame with her first novel, The Fountainhead. After success as a novelist she focused on philosophy and formed a new system called Objectivism, a way of thinking that places reason above everything else. Rand was a strong, out-spoken woman who definitely lived by the words in this quote. Anyone here recommend The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged? Thanks to Luciana for submitting the quote.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the shid in the nappy.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm the shid in the nappy.

Ok Schmorky

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Ok Schmorky

I'm a much better artist than Schmorky:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm a much better artist than Schmorky:

E: was going to post a comic but all I have on this phone is my Silent Hill fan-art. Buy the NFT now!

EE: cant believe I quoted myself instead of editing. Someone shoot me :negative:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

EE: cant believe I quoted myself instead of editing. Someone shoot me :negative:
ok

e. I always thought this was an edit, but it's a real thing.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Mar 18, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

feedmyleg posted:

Hello, me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SimonChris posted:

So inspirational...

This just made me feel tired.

Really tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Regarde Aduck posted:

This just made me feel tired.

Really tired.

Imagine being the kind of person who looks at a Zen Pencils and says "yeah. YEAH!!"