Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

wasnt a recent study like "theres no difference in transmission between 6 feet and 3 feet"?

so of course the conclusion is open er up rather than 6 feet is not nearly enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

wasnt a recent study like "theres no difference in transmission between 6 feet and 3 feet"?

so of course the conclusion is open er up rather than 6 feet is not nearly enough

if there's no difference between 6 feet and 3 feet and the CDC recommends 6 feet then 3 feet is also good enough bing bong so simple

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fits my needs posted:

man, we were supposed to get single payer or some poo poo in the state when dems got control of everything, but then it became impossible for some reason because the dems are in control of everything so :shrug:

lol that it hasn't even made it out of committee since dems have had the supermajority in california.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

World War Mammories posted:

i'm an engineer and i concur

Eee-recting a dictatorship of the proletariat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

yea our science loving officials took a study that clearly said 'look obviously there's only so much distance possible but 6 foot is about the same as 3 at this point so we need to reexamine how we view 'social distancing' as a preventative measure' and went 'ah, so we can reduce the number'.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they're looking for any excuse really

here in canada they keep trying to open everything the second infection numbers start to dip, with predictable results

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea our science loving officials took a study that clearly said 'look obviously there's only so much distance possible but 6 foot is about the same as 3 at this point so we need to reexamine how we view 'social distancing' as a preventative measure' and went 'ah, so we can reduce the number'.

The 2021 version of this gif:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

i will never understand the insane levels of hatred (and horniness, actually) that Liz B and to a lesser extent Matty B have directed towards them
they dont agree with the neoliberal status quo and narratives and theyre not republicans it's as simple as that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

Every time I see his name it makes me think of bill Hicks bit on the la riots

I still occasionally get a bout of "wait is that seriously his name"

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

hmm i'm starting to question how much i loving love science

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

they dont agree with the neoliberal status quo and narratives and theyre not republicans it's as simple as that

it's really weird because even if Liz has some genuinely kinda silly and conservative views like her kinda dancing around saying 'maybe prohibition wasn't a bad idea' at times 90% of her output is 'lol look at my baby isn't she cute' and really basic leftist catholic stuff like 'compassion has to extend to people in more ways than value judgement and has to involve material aid too'

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/1372562856315600900?s=19

BDB rules, has any recent politician done more to directly piss off absolutely every one of his constituents?

They arrested his daughter and put her mugshot and arrest info on twitter and he's still sucking on that pig hog

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reality Protester posted:

They arrested his daughter and put her mugshot and arrest info on twitter and he's still sucking on that pig hog

BDB is the most cucked man in America, he spent like all of a week saying 'maybe cops shouldn't murder people for jumping turnstiles' and had these wife beating rapists melt down and abuse his kid and his response was 'yes sir sorry sir'.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Lmao the moon rocks gamer lady

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

also lol that the study adjusted numbers based on local incidence rates

infections definitely only go one direction from community -> school so lets just adjust those numbers! i freaking love science!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

The bombings will continue until morale improves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fellatio del Toro posted:

also lol that the study adjusted numbers based on local incidence rates

infections definitely only go one direction from community -> school so lets just adjust those numbers! i freaking love science!

at this point this is my only 'covid plan'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MgNcE8mRM0

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1372600184064991235

some of the replies to this are pretty good

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Organ Fiend posted:

Eee-recting a dictatorship of the proletariat.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

"be grateful you got anything, the republicans would have given you nothing"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/scottjund/status/1372624898619809798?s=21

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/NEpats86/status/1372160016988397569

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

good god

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lib disregard for human life hits me so much worse than chuds's crackping

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Are the democrats saying the russia interfered with the 2020 election? I just saw somebody say that russia needs to pay for it.

I know that they democrats think the 2016 election was stolen by russian hackers, but the 2020 election too?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Are the democrats saying the russia interfered with the 2020 election? I just saw somebody say that russia needs to pay for it.

I know that they democrats think the 2016 election was stolen by russian hackers, but the 2020 election too?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/03/16/us/politics/election-interference-russia-2020-assessment.amp.html

linking amp bc the failing nyt doesn't deserve clicks

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

once again a huntress player owns someone because they ran down the middle rather than turning left.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

:chloe:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Only assholes love cigars

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what kind of rear end in a top hat is a patriots fan while not living in new england

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

lib disregard for human life hits me so much worse than chuds's crackping

libs want so badly to be the bloodthirsty tyrants, which is why they hate republicans for cornering that market

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Judakel posted:

#wheresjoe

Joe hidin'

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

if you set the bar at "someone from this country did something at some point" then every election has been meddled with.

Just look back at the dramatic Mueller bombshells that like four russian people spent some money on facebook ads! It is an objective truth that some people who are Russian did actually try to interfere in the 2016 election! ITS PROOF! MUELLER FOUND PROOF!

Nevermind that this forum or even the average youtube comment section has about 1000x the impact those people did. RUSSIANS INTERFERED MORE THAN ZERO PERCENT!

Oh, and also every election has been "interfered" with and every future election will be "interfered" with by this metric. I'm Irish so technically Ireland interfered in the 2020 election when I convinced a bunch of people to vote 3rd party.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacetoaster posted:

lol didn't everyone (rightly) make fun of Trump for complaining about "election fraud" despite him winning

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

World War Mammories posted:

what kind of rear end in a top hat is a patriots fan while not living in new england

the kind that is also a cubs fan

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike the TV posted:

I used to naively think that there were no evil people, only differences in opinion and perspective.
:same:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1372634601227653121?s=20

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Organ Fiend posted:

Always remember that whenever anyone tries to represent scientists as apolitical bastions of pure intellect and truth, they are either lying to you or have been lied to.

Source: a scientist that works with scientists (some of which are actually working on COVID genomics!).

I also work in an actual research lab with scientists (not a scientist myself, I just develop for a website with genetics/genomics analysis tools) and I still can't convince my parents that scientists aren't any better about political issues than anyone else.

Coincidentally there are also a couple people in my group working on COVID genomics! I think they created and maintain a website for open sharing of COVID sequencing data or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

I just keep thinking about Chris Coons talking about keeping Ethiopia and Eritrea "open for business" or whatever and Isaias Afwerki pretending to listen while drawing up drone strikes on suspected TPLF positions

Like, in what universe would anything Coons say be relevant to these people, he is utterly orthogonal to them

Coons has a weird fascination with the continent. He infantilizes it, and always frames its people in the colonizer mindset of "we must claim them before China" (a country and its people that he consistently uses extremely bombastic and negative speech about).

He's a massive piece of poo poo, and virtually no one in the power structure of this state is meaningfully different from him or in any way deserving of their jobs.