Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
In an hour and a half, if their press release is to be believed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Thom12255 posted:

Anyone know when the EA stuff hits PC?

There is a prompt in the XBox app to download the EA app to play games so I guess now? I haven't tried it yet.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I just opened the Xbox app and apparently it's already live? It is listing the games and telling me to download the EA app.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Yeah I just confirmed it all works - my games I already had installed from Origin (which the new EA app detected) showed up in my Xbox app as well. I can browse games in either app.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Anyone else having problem with the Xbox app on win 10?

I can't open anything/play as it gives me "Looks like you're stranded...' error.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My new headset is delivered. Can't wait to get home and set it by my Xbox never to be used again because my kids won't let me play games anymore.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Weird, none of the EA stuff is showing up on the Xbox app for me in Australia. As far as I'm aware the app is up to date.

I better not be about to discover something infuriating :argh:

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Does EA Play PC have any games that aren't already on EA Play Xbox?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

The Grey posted:

The indie game selection has pc only games that are/look great.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

webmeister posted:

Weird, none of the EA stuff is showing up on the Xbox app for me in Australia. As far as I'm aware the app is up to date.

I better not be about to discover something infuriating :argh:

Works fine for me :australia:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

The Grey posted:

SimCity 2000, baby!

Edit: maybe not. Might have gotten it from an earlier promotion.

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 19, 2021

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

GigaPeon posted:

SimCity 2000, baby!

Nope, it's there. Populous and Dungeon Keeper 2 as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Apparently I had my xbox account linked to some old ea account and you can't do anything from the xbox app in regards to EA. So I had to guess which email the EA account was under, got that to work, then unlinked, couldn't find any way to link my current EA account. Then eventually I decided to just try installing a game again and then it prompted me to link my two accounts. That was annoying as poo poo. Plus it seems like you can't actually install EA Play games in the xbox app even though it offers to let me? With my accounts linked, the EA app sees me as having EA Play now, so I can just install games from there. Whatever, at least I can play these star wars games now. I'll deal with any minor issues considering I'm getting PC game pass for free.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

GigaPeon posted:

SimCity 2000, baby!

Cities Skylines is also on game pass though. I guess SC2000 can be nice for some nostalgia.

Rolando
Jan 12, 2021
I only had PlayStations since first PSX. But this time I decided to switch it around a little, PS5 is fugly and huge, waiting times are very long where I live and PS Plus just isn't as attractive anymore.

I play mostly on PC, so MS Store integration and sharing games with Xbox is a welcome addition. Went to nearest electronics store and picked up Xbox Series X off the shelf, no waiting or preordering. Got 3 years of Gold using online cdkey reseller and upgraded it to Game Pass Ultimate.

Very happy with the console, it's so quiet compared to PS4 Pro and it's great value with game pass promotion and now even EA games on PC too. Interface will take getting used to though, some things are not as intuitive as on PS4.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wow the Prey update on series S might as well be magic. This runs so well I am actually impressed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hopefully Arkane get to make more games now that don't run like total poo poo on console. Their games were always great but they always felt like PC games first and foremost.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I also know that Prey was meant to be very system shock but they literally made system shock 3

Have to keep reminding myself it’s not actually system shock 3

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I'm about 6 hours in to Prey and very much enjoying it. That said, I'm terrible at it, even on easy. I'm not dying a lot, but I'm consistently at low health. Need to find a good spot for getting a lot of organic material so I can fabricate endless neuromods.

Psychotronics area spoiler: Stumbling on Walton Goggins in prison was fun. But I looked up the effects of releasing him and not letting the child human trafficker would add to the bad ending? I hate that so much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don’t worry about the endings, you’ll have more fun just playing naturally.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Asnorban posted:

I'm about 6 hours in to Prey and very much enjoying it. That said, I'm terrible at it, even on easy. I'm not dying a lot, but I'm consistently at low health. Need to find a good spot for getting a lot of organic material so I can fabricate endless neuromods.

I'm also playing on easy, and did not expect to get my rear end handed to me by the first bigger enemy I encountered early on. That was my first clue that I was playing a different FPS. I'm excited to get back to it this weekend, but I know now to adjust my expectations for the game and to really immerse myself to get a good experience.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got my official XB headset. Sound quality seems about as good as what my official PS4 headset had. Build quality seems a lot better than the PS4 one, feels more sturdy. My only small issue is that the usb-c charging port could be more accessible, I feel like I have to hunt for it. I haven't used chat yet so I don't know how the mic quality is.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Roman posted:

Got my official XB headset. Sound quality seems about as good as what my official PS4 headset had. Build quality seems a lot better than the PS4 one, feels more sturdy. My only small issue is that the usb-c charging port could be more accessible, I feel like I have to hunt for it. I haven't used chat yet so I don't know how the mic quality is.

out of curiosity, where is the port? Most wireless headsets I've had put their charging port on the back side of the left ear piece, usually below all the knobs/buttons, and I always feel like this is part of what leads to charging cables getting bent over time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just seen that you can connect the headset to your xbox and your phone at the same time so you can listen to music or whatever plus game audio? great feature

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

just seen that you can connect the headset to your xbox and your phone at the same time so you can listen to music or whatever plus game audio? great feature

On PS4 (and I assume PS5) you could do that with Spotify installed on the console. Does the Xbox not allow this?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It does. I was doing it with Wreckfest last night.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don’t worry about the endings, you’ll have more fun just playing naturally.
I think that's where I messed up. I was trying hard to not take the alien abilities and I just wasn't having fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The endings are kinda dumb anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are there more than 2? I didn't pay much attention to it the whole game but there's very clearly a branching path choice near the very end of the game and I was able to do both.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

On PS4 (and I assume PS5) you could do that with Spotify installed on the console. Does the Xbox not allow this?

yeah but like could do podcasts or whatever too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gotta hand it to MS for not making this a nightmare like on PS

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

American McGay posted:

Are there more than 2? I didn't pay much attention to it the whole game but there's very clearly a branching path choice near the very end of the game and I was able to do both.

There are two end-game scenarios in Prey, but you can also decide to just leave the station via Alex's escape pod earlier on. Obviously, not much of an ending compared to the others. It also reveals/spoils something about the other endings if you are paying attention.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gotta hand it to MS for not making this a nightmare like on PS

The nightmare of having played marvels avengers is still real on every platform sadly

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah but like could do podcasts or whatever too

Spotify does podcasts as well.

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
Spotify doesn't have all podcasts and won't allow podcasts on it's platform that contain copyrighted music (or at least primarily copyrighted music). Xbox also has some other apps like Deezer/Tidal? and maybe some other things.

But duel-connection is the way to go for headsets so you can use Discord and take phone calls.

Has anyone who has the new Xbox headset tried listening to music with bluetooth without using the Xbox? Does turning it on to connect to your phone turn on the Xbox? Does the Xbox going to sleep put the headset to sleep if it's just on bluetooth? I heard that was an issue with the Turtle Beach headset.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Turning on the headset does turn on the Xbox.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Star Wars Squadrons pretty cool! Reminds me of playing the old Lucasarts Xwing and Tie Fighter games. Haven't tied MP yet.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

John F Bennett posted:

Star Wars Squadrons pretty cool! Reminds me of playing the old Lucasarts Xwing and Tie Fighter games. Haven't tied MP yet.

I can't seem to get used to accelerate and decelerate being on a stick. It's loving me up.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I can't seem to get used to accelerate and decelerate being on a stick. It's loving me up.

I swapped sticks and it was infinitely easier. Don't forget controls are customizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

You can also set the throttle to move in steps instead of being linear. Setting it to move in 25 or 50% increments and then setting a high deadzone for it kept me from accidentally moving it around when I didn't mean to.