Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

OgNar posted:

Nice, I somehow completely missed that, thanks eshop that doesnt actually show you what you search for.
Actually, I think I only typed bomber which doesnt show it.
Now the wait for a cheaper price begins.

Maybe wait on picking this one up. The new version that was on Stadia is coming to the Switch free to play sometime this year with cross platform support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Len posted:

Resale value to folks with disposable income

I figured. I just want to play games. The Mario version is kind of ugly IMO. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Social Animal posted:

Maybe wait on picking this one up. The new version that was on Stadia is coming to the Switch free to play sometime this year with cross platform support.
That's a different game

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I was really just looking for a cheap Bomberman type game, doesnt have to be that specific one or even Bomberman 'brand'.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

OgNar posted:

I was really just looking for a cheap Bomberman type game, doesnt have to be that specific one or even Bomberman 'brand'.

the lack of Super Bomberman on SNESflix is a real disappointment.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
RE: Xcom 2

I think it plays perfectly well on Switch. I actually think it runs better on Switch than on PS4. Sure, playing it on PC is a better experience, probably. But lots of people aren't PC gamers and the Switch Xcom port runs and plays great. I have no issues playing it with the controller.

I also think that even though Xcom, Mario Rabbids, and Into the Breach are all 'tactical strategy' games, they play so differently that they are almost different genres of game altogether. Mario Rabbids and Into The Breach both feel much more like puzzle games than tactical strategy, because the gameplay is so heavily weighted towards movement and positioning. Like, both Mario Rabbids and ITB start you off with a certain level/map (static in MR, random in ITB), and then basically say to you, the player, "OK, given a limited amount of moves, how will you best deal with the enemies and challenges?"

With Xcom, even though positioning/movement is still huge, there is more of a random/"chance" element that plays out in chance to hit %, etc. that makes Xcom feel very different, with more of a "gambling" aspect and less of a "Here is the one correct strategy that will allow you a perfect clear on this map."

I have a lot more fun with Xcom over MR/ITB for this reason.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

OgNar posted:

R will probably hit $10 in a few months. You might also find a good deal for physical if you shop used since it's a launch game.

Haven't played it but from I hear it was underwhelming upon release but has been massively improved with patches since, so it's a solid Bomberman experience now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

loving new Pokémon Snap!?

Yesssss

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

minya posted:

RE: Xcom 2

I think it plays perfectly well on Switch. I actually think it runs better on Switch than on PS4. Sure, playing it on PC is a better experience, probably. But lots of people aren't PC gamers and the Switch Xcom port runs and plays great. I have no issues playing it with the controller.

I said this same thing earlier. I couldn't play xcom 2 on my ps4 because it had honest to God 1 minute or longer load times.

The Switch load times are much much better.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

hobbez posted:

Mario + Rabbids Gold is on a huge sale for 13 bucks. Is this game pretty good? I enjoy turn based strategy. My main concern is it’s going to be too easy/not be engaging or deep enough, which I find tends to happen in “Mario” games

I see XCOM 2 is also on sale. Maybe I should go for that instead.

I'm late but Mario vs Rabbids is very good and not too easy. It started to wear out it's welcome towards the end but it ended right at the right spot.

Do note that it's pre-made stages, not an endless randomized campaign. In that way it's almost puzzle-like (there are bonus stages that really lean into this by making you complete them in a tiny number of turns, so you have to figure out the perfect solution).

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

homeless snail posted:

That's a different game

Oh is it just that battle royal mode or whatever they're calling it? Then ya buy R when it hits $10.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Real tempted to buy both xcom 2 and m&r because the savings but mh drops next week and will I ever play another game?

I will because I have a horrible time actually sticking with one game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've never played xcom and for some reason until yesterday was conflating it with Syndicate in my brain (which I did play the original of)

Just bought Xcom2.... does it matter at all that I haven't played 1?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did anyone else get an email like this?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Bloop posted:

I've never played xcom and for some reason until yesterday was conflating it with Syndicate in my brain (which I did play the original of)

No, you only have to know that at the end of XCOM 1 the aliens won, are at "peace" with humanity but are secretly subjugating them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

OgNar posted:

Get R when it goes on sale. It's very good now after all the patches it got.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

signed up to get all my joycons repaired. the two gray ones i started with developed drift, the splatoon neon ones i replaced them with developed serious drift on the left side and stopped charging on the right side. i've just been only playing docked with a pro controller for like six months now. hope they turn this around quickly and i can play in bed again :pray:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I realized three of my four joycons had bad stick drift right after animal crossing came out, so basically right as quarantine hit and all the Nintendo repair services shut down for a few months

I like the colors on the pair I bought to hold me till I could send all my others in for replacement, but drat I really don’t need six of the things.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

b_d posted:

signed up to get all my joycons repaired. the two gray ones i started with developed drift, the splatoon neon ones i replaced them with developed serious drift on the left side and stopped charging on the right side. i've just been only playing docked with a pro controller for like six months now. hope they turn this around quickly and i can play in bed again :pray:

Gutcruncher posted:

I realized three of my four joycons had bad stick drift right after animal crossing came out, so basically right as quarantine hit and all the Nintendo repair services shut down for a few months

I like the colors on the pair I bought to hold me till I could send all my others in for replacement, but drat I really don’t need six of the things.

I'm sure you've heard it before but you could easily repair these problems yourself. Unless you only have 1 functioning hand or are blind the repair is easy and the parts and tools are cheap as poo poo. The Joy Cons are the first and only small electronics I've ever messed with and I've repaired 3 now. Taking out the battery is the only difficult part and a new one is only $10.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Also if you don't trust yourself with taking apart a joycon, you can get electrical contact cleaner and spray it under the stick (make sure you get under the little rubber flap). It's fast and easy, although how long it works varies. I've had to reapply the cleaner as little as two weeks after the last application, although this latest one has been going strong for half a year now

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone else get an email like this?

Not recently but back in like 2002 I probably got that email when signing up for the NOA forums. Friday live chats were fun.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
In BOTW is there any value in just loving off and going to places you're clearly not suited for (beyond it just being fun to get wrecked by an overpowered giant you have no hope of defeating)?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

Not recently but back in like 2002 I probably got that email when signing up for the NOA forums. Friday live chats were fun.

Ok well I didn’t do that today lol. Guess I’ll have to check that password

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

In BOTW is there any value in just loving off and going to places you're clearly not suited for (beyond it just being fun to get wrecked by an overpowered giant you have no hope of defeating)?

In some cases, yes. Getting certain equipment can be worth it.

Especially in the castle.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Ok well I didn’t do that today lol. Guess I’ll have to check that password

It's just an idiot that's trying to sign up that doesn't know their own email address and used yours instead.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That's what I felt was the point of the game, go push your limits

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Bloop posted:

In some cases, yes. Getting certain equipment can be worth it.

Especially in the castle.

For as much as I dislike the game overall Hyrule Castle was a blast when I actually went through it on playthrough two

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'll say I completely ignored the progression aspect of botw and wound up in the south west desert area first and that kind of sucked but I didn't feel like I was gated off from it, more the annoying electric lizards were not worth fighting before you get the rubber armor

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Bloop posted:

No, there are a ton of references and characters that are relates but it doesn't matter too much.

Like, do you care that the engineer is the daughter of the engineer in the first game? I didn't. I thought "ok that's cute" and moved on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

You can land on a sleeping Hinox and steal the weapons off his belt. It owns.

The only thing reeally gating progress is not having upgraded armor, but the Hylian set is actually pretty easy to max out it just requires MASS BOKOBLIN SLAUGHTER 39 Bokoblin horns, 45 fangs, 60 guts, and 90 amber (the most common gem), in addition to finding the Great Fairy locations

And of course you'll still find koroks and shrines everywhere, and only the hardest combat challenges require decent poo poo if you suck at shield parries or dodging.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 18, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Walla posted:

I'm sure you've heard it before but you could easily repair these problems yourself. Unless you only have 1 functioning hand or are blind the repair is easy and the parts and tools are cheap as poo poo. The Joy Cons are the first and only small electronics I've ever messed with and I've repaired 3 now. Taking out the battery is the only difficult part and a new one is only $10.

I'm dumb as gently caress and i have no space to work on things

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

b_d posted:

I'm dumb as gently caress and i have no space to work on things

Fair enough.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I got Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town yesterday and have only put it down for a short sleep break. I’m hooked and it’s shameful. Game is just Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley smashed into one, with frustratingly long load times, but maximum charm. I can’t wait to make Damon my tsundere boywaifu, and I need enough gold to purchase ALL the dogs ASAP.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Ville Valo posted:

I got Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town yesterday and have only put it down for a short sleep break. I’m hooked and it’s shameful. Game is just Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley smashed into one, with frustratingly long load times, but maximum charm. I can’t wait to make Damon my tsundere boywaifu, and I need enough gold to purchase ALL the dogs ASAP.

Rune Factory or bust.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

glassyalabolas posted:

Rune Factory or bust.

5 is out this year, yeah? Hype.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

glassyalabolas posted:

Rune Factory or bust.

:yeah:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amazon is still iffy to buy SD cards from correct? The 400GB card is $50 vs Best Buy wanting $100 for the Nintendo Branded one

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo branded ones are just overpriced products for grandparents

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Len posted:

Amazon is still iffy to buy SD cards from correct? The 400GB card is $50 vs Best Buy wanting $100 for the Nintendo Branded one

Yeah iirc the third party stock and Amazon stock are comingled in the warehouse so you could get a fake even ordering direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've never had any problems with MicroCenter branded cards, and 512GB cards are currently on sale for $60. If there's a MicroCenter near you you might want to consider it.