Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just want it to be possible to turn off the audio of the autoplaying full-screen previews

gently caress you netflix, all you're doing is making me just exit the app entirely when I'm done watching something so I can avoid hearing the full-volume trailer for whatever my cursor is on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Data Graham posted:

I just want it to be possible to turn off the audio of the autoplaying full-screen previews

gently caress you netflix, all you're doing is making me just exit the app entirely when I'm done watching something so I can avoid hearing the full-volume trailer for whatever my cursor is on
I think there's a setting to stop autoplaying previews.
Otherwise, yeah, I would just mute my sound system until I was ready.

Ministry of Pork
Jun 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Auugh, christ, this. Could you give me a few minutes of peace to hit the john and maybe get a coffee without some fetid trailer on repeat. I've never used the mute key so much in my life.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

JazzFlight posted:

I think there's a setting to stop autoplaying previews.
Otherwise, yeah, I would just mute my sound system until I was ready.

I'd also like it if I click on something it brings up info about it (premise, episodes, etc) rather than it just starts playing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I'd also like it if I click on something it brings up info about it (premise, episodes, etc) rather than it just starts playing.

This is my complaint about literally every streaming service, ugh.

Classy Devil
Nov 1, 2015
:siren: Netflix actually does have an option for disabling auto-previews, as of last February: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/praise-the-algorithm-netflix-lets-you-opt-out-of-loud-autoplaying-previews/.:siren:

Weirdly you can only change that setting from a browser, so if you're watching it on a Roku, a console, or some other streaming device you'll never see that option. Works on a per-profile basis too, so you can just change yours in the event you share an account with some monster who likes the auto-previews.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/raphaelbw/status/1209368731349991424?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Classy Devil posted:

:siren: Netflix actually does have an option for disabling auto-previews, as of last February: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/praise-the-algorithm-netflix-lets-you-opt-out-of-loud-autoplaying-previews/.:siren:

Weirdly you can only change that setting from a browser, so if you're watching it on a Roku, a console, or some other streaming device you'll never see that option. Works on a per-profile basis too, so you can just change yours in the event you share an account with some monster who likes the auto-previews.

Mother of gently caress. THANK YOU.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

There needs to be a balance though. Disney+ having 10 mins of credits for every 30 min episode is just as counterproductive

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham posted:

Mother of gently caress. THANK YOU.

Correction: this doesn't seem to do anything. God DAMMIT

e: never mind, you have to sign out and back in. lol

e2: course now you can't see previews/trailers AT ALL, through any procedure. l-triple-mao

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 20, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Trailer for Invincible, on Amazon Prime from March 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfAVpuko5o

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

They're making another Beavis and Butthead movie and it's going to be on Paramount+.

https://youtu.be/QNgR62hMATk

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Close Enough season 2 is out on HBO max. Its pretty good so far. The episodes seem to be written to be 11 minutes long, unlike whatever happened in the first season where they were edited down for whatever reason.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Close Enough season 2 is out on HBO max. Its pretty good so far. The episodes seem to be written to be 11 minutes long, unlike whatever happened in the first season where they were edited down for whatever reason.

Yeah, it's a real improvement and the pacing makes it obvious these episodes were actually written to be the length that they are.

Battle Mad Ronin
Aug 26, 2017
VOID is an adult animation festival held every year in Copenhagen. This year due to coivd the fetival is online. There's contributions from all over the world and the films range from comedic sketch-like shorts to documentaries on serial killers. All are animated in some fashion.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzgyP1HqSJw

https://voidfilmfestival.eventive.org/welcome

I can't recommend it enough. My own approach is to look over the catalog, find 5-10 interesting titles and then watch them over the weekend. Full disclaimer: I've volunteered (as in I have no economic interests in the festival whatsoever) at the festival the last two years and had a blast, and would love to see it become a success this year too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode of Close Enough with Keith David is pretty great.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

The episode of Close Enough with Keith David is pretty great.

this is a given with Keith David.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Keith David is pretty great.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh hey, Harvey Birdman spin-off series.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
i don't think there's there's enough action in the Bojack/Tuca & Bertie thread to keep posting in it anymore, but i can delete this and post it there if i'm wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrCEamNs6s

Edit: VVVV thanks, just did! also found this in the related clips from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQVSWhANiA

Megera fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 19, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Megera posted:

i don't think there's there's enough action in the Bojack/Tuca & Bertie thread to keep posting in it anymore, but i can delete this and post it there if i'm wrong

:justpost:

It's stuff like this that generates thread activity. No same in reviving a dead thread.

Hopefully I can watch the new season on the Adult Swim app.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Megera posted:

I don't think you need to delete this post, but you can go ahead and post this in the other thread too. There has been any new post because there wasn't any new stuff, now there is

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
poo poo. Is there even anything interesting (aside from more T&B :toot:) going on in adult animation right now? I haven't checked in a while since all the major stuff lately has been in kid's animation (RIP Ducktales).

*does some internet fu*

OK, so it looks like there are some things worth paying attention to. For one thing Season 3 of Final Space is imminent which I am hyped for since Season 2 was fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4MGJI2zeRs

Helluva Boss is about Demons running an assassination business and has the voice of Invader Zim as the least psychotic character in the show. It's fantastically animated, written and voice acted, and is currently 100% free on YouTube. I highly recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_PChGfJN8

Close Enough continues to be Regular Show for adults and just released Season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2ZQLXAGsM

Not far into it but so far it's better than Season 1

The Great North is basically an adequate version of Bob's Burgers in Alaska featuring an opening song that has already outstayed it's welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyrT9bGHPh8

Sure am looking forward to hearing that fifty more times.

Solar Opposites Season 2 is dropping on the 26th. If you haven't seen Season 1 I highly recommend it as it's a lot of what you like about Rick and Morty baked into it plus manages to pull off one particular episode that is absolutely amazing on it's own merits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba8lGRIn5P0

No info yet but Adventure Time: Distant Lands will probably have the next installment up in a few months which should be pretty rad. Yes that's a show for grown ups shut the hell up I will fight you!

Let's see, what else... Uuuuuuhhhhhh... Eva movie 4 is out in Japan and is apparently pretty good despite the previous movie being rear end? gently caress, that doesn't count since it's Anime but screw it. It's my thread and I'm excited to see Eva not suck in theaters like 2 years after I've already pirated it because anime companies still don't grasp the concept of releasing things simultaneously across markets in the year 2021. *eye twitches*

That's all I've got. Hopefully the new slate of shows premiering this month will give the thread a bit more life.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really loved the tone/vibe of Hazbin hotel but Helluva Boss lost something in the translation between ideas, I think, and lost the ethereal spookiness of HH.

I am extremely pumped for Solar Opposites S2 and Rick & Morty S5

Also the last South Park Covid special was pretty funny.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't get into the Great North. I love Bob's Burgers but everything in the GN just falls flat. I wish I could articulate it better, and I like Nick Offerman's voice work on the show, but none of the jokes land with me.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I can't get into the Great North. I love Bob's Burgers but everything in the GN just falls flat. I wish I could articulate it better, and I like Nick Offerman's voice work on the show, but none of the jokes land with me.

It's like Great North and Central Park each took half of Bob's Burgers soul and each of them isn't enough to make a satisfying TV show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I also question the validity of two Bob’s Burgers derivatives at least a full 4 years after the shows best episodes and the height of its popularity

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I think the Great North is fine when there's literally nothing else, but I noticed all the kids are basically just the Belcher kids again (plus two adult ones) and now I can't un-see it.

There's the weird nerdy daughter, the weird offbeat son, and the unexpectedly dark youngest child who wears some kind of animal costume. Also two others who also have the one personality trait so far of "I don't know, they're kinda weird I guess."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah that’s kind of the issue I have with them.

When you’ve got shows that are clearly derivative of a popular property, you have to work hard for me, the viewer, the break my own assumptions about it being a soulless copy transposed over a new environment.

Like Solar Opposites immediately goes out of its way to push a level of alien/human interaction that is distinct from the Rick & Morty style through in its commercials.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bust Rodd posted:

I really loved the tone/vibe of Hazbin hotel but Helluva Boss lost something in the translation between ideas, I think, and lost the ethereal spookiness of HH.

I am extremely pumped for Solar Opposites S2 and Rick & Morty S5

Also the last South Park Covid special was pretty funny.

Hazbin didn’t really do anything for me, but HB has been enjoyable. You won’t catch me buying shirts of either but the latter has hit a decent flow as of late. The last episode’s animation seemed a bit choppy for some reason but it could have been an upload issue or something.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I just watched Close Enough season 1 on Netflix up here in Canada, and it's really good! I didn't think the episodes were weirdly paced for 11 minutes. It kind of fit the formula of starting with something normal and then getting into a bonkers situation real quickly. Glad to know Season 2 is even better, though I dunno when it'll make its way up north.

Final Space is also on Netflix here but I haven't been interested in it. Maybe I'll check it out, along with that demon show on youtube.

I was ambivalent on Solar Opposites' first season but it's still alright, so will probably watch second season.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Its live action instead of animated, but I think Resident Alien pulls off the premise of Solar Opposites much better. I like Rick and Morty, but I think Justin Roiland needs somebody to reign him in.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I got blueballed on Final Space by seeing the whole first season while visiting a friend a couple of years ago, and then I never got to see anything past like S2E4 because it wasn't available on any of the services I have post-cable-cutting. Netflix doesn't have it in the US. Seems like it's in that Primal zone where buying it ala carte is the only real option :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix recently released an animated Pacific Rim show, Pacific Rim: The Black. It takes place some time after the second movie and follows two teenagers trying to survive in an Australia that has been abandoned to the Kaiju.

I thought it was okay, although it really doesn't feel like this was a complete season/part and the cut off point is just what they had done at this time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m here staring at the Amazing Screw-On Head DVD I’ve watched 10,000 times and wondering why we don’t have one good Mike Mignola cartoon show. Please god, a Lobster Johnson, a BPRD, anything please god I’m dying

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ccs posted:

Final Space is also on Netflix here but I haven't been interested in it. Maybe I'll check it out, along with that demon show on youtube.

Final Space is an odd one. The main character is grating (purposely so but it makes him hard to watch still) for most of season one and it takes more than half the season for the surprisingly decent (and dark) plot to start.

Season two is an improvement from the start and is more of an ensemble which makes Gary much better.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just watched the first few episodes of Harley Quinn. This is the most manic show I've ever watched. :psyduck:

It's funny as hell, but it goes a million mph.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Final Space Season 3 started today. They're on Saturdays now. 1st episode was pretty good. Don't know where they're going but it seems interesting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AlternateNu posted:

Just watched the first few episodes of Harley Quinn. This is the most manic show I've ever watched. :psyduck:

It's funny as hell, but it goes a million mph.

Yeah, I watched it over Thanksgiving and was extremely impressed. It has the Venture Bros energy that I really feel like was missing from the last few seasons, and it has a truly top shelf cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I found Harley Quinn extremely hit or miss, but the hits were hard enough to make up for most of the misses.