Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The secret to making Keq top-tier is taking the C6 Bennett pill. Combine her insane stats with an actually-good element for great success and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Fur20 posted:

i've been building razor seriously for about a month now. halfway in, he could match her dps. now, he one-phases the dragon boss, and kills the flower bosses in seven to eight swings. three of his artis could be way better. he's also taller than her, and he gives a 20% reduction to your party's sprinting stamina just by existing.

I'd like to know how this is possible; Razor's one of my faves, and he's one of my strongest-built characters, and he deals MAYBE 2K damage in a swing, more if I have Zhong's shield active. Dragon's four phases minimum.

No Wave posted:

There isn't really a circular argument. People say she performs noticeably worse than every comparable DPS even under optimal conditions, then those people get called broken brained and stupid.

Nah, somebody said "Keqing doesn't deal any good damage to anything, ever" and somebody else said "My Keqing sure does, so I dunno what's happening"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The fact that ignoring her entire kit to convert her charge attacks to fire is considered a dps upgrade should pretty much tell you everything you need to know about Keqing.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Is phys Xiangling still a thing or have people moved on from that since launch? I had a real good time from AR 20 to whenever I pulled Klee just poking things to death. Real good and universally obtainable carry on the road to a kitted out elemental 4* or 5* imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Physical crescent Pike xingling is still good, most people moved on since they want to use their pitied 5 stars at this point in the game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Physical crescent Pike xingling is still good, most people moved on since they want to use their pitied 5 stars at this point in the game.

I used her earlier today in the abyss for when other carries inevitably bite it on floor 3.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's fine at first but she's one of the best supports in the game and there's no replacing her in that role. Lots of alternatives for left clickers.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Keqing is a fun character and more than good enough for most content, however the game has absurdly high damage cielings and she dosent reach them.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

John Lee posted:

Nah, somebody said "Keqing doesn't deal any good damage to anything, ever" and somebody else said "My Keqing sure does, so I dunno what's happening"

Yeah, there’s a big difference between “she’s lower in damage than other dps” which I agree with, and “she struggles to do anything at all” which is goddamn nonsense.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Fur20 posted:

i have keqing absolutely kitted out, all fairly good +20 artis and a +90 black sword. she struggles to do good damage to anything at all.

i've been building razor seriously for about a month now. halfway in, he could match her dps. now, he one-phases the dragon boss, and kills the flower bosses in seven to eight swings. three of his artis could be way better. he's also taller than her, and he gives a 20% reduction to your party's sprinting stamina just by existing.

keqing... she isn't good.

I'd sure like to know what you're running, Razor has been my main DPS since I pulled him in my first week of playing in like, October, and I can barely two cycle the dragon if I'm lucky. Though I haven't varied my main comp in ages. Of course I haven't been able to pull incredible numbers with anything I've tried so I probably don't understand how to reach that damage ceiling.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ixjuvin posted:

I'd sure like to know what you're running, Razor has been my main DPS since I pulled him in my first week of playing in like, October, and I can barely two cycle the dragon if I'm lucky. Though I haven't varied my main comp in ages. Of course I haven't been able to pull incredible numbers with anything I've tried so I probably don't understand how to reach that damage ceiling.

It's a combination of having artifacts that have a good crit rate / crit damage balance, and building him out according to howyou want to use him : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview?pru=AAABdprSFQ8*9XyMZ3FSVx2JzKaA272SpA

Combine that with one of his preferred claymores, and then pair him with someone who has a skill or burst that remains on field that he can capitalize on.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's a combination of having artifacts that have a good crit rate / crit damage balance, and building him out according to howyou want to use him : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview?pru=AAABdprSFQ8*9XyMZ3FSVx2JzKaA272SpA

Combine that with one of his preferred claymores, and then pair him with someone who has a skill or burst that remains on field that he can capitalize on.

oops wrong poster

obviously you put your wolfs gravestone that you definitely have on razor

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 19, 2021

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Got a stringless R3, stringless R1 and the upcoming windblume ode. Should I combine the stringless to one R4 and a windblume for Venti and Fischl or just do R3 stringless and R1 stringless for both?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

John Lee posted:

I'd like to know how this is possible; Razor's one of my faves, and he's one of my strongest-built characters, and he deals MAYBE 2K damage in a swing, more if I have Zhong's shield active. Dragon's four phases minimum.

I have him with pretty good artifacts (not the greatest substats), a wgs, and lvl 10 aa, and he does 20k on his 4th hit alone with a crit.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

For peak damage to Stormterror with a Razor team I initiate with Bennett's Q for the attack buff, then switch to Zhongli's hold E for the defense break and to strip away the fire status (you can dodge cancel once the hands glow if you don't need the geo shield drain effect), so that it doesn't react when I throw in a Kaeya Q or E to apply ice, then switch to Razor's Q activating superconduct. Though if Kaeya's Q is up the ice will be re-applied, meaning Zhongli's fire status stripping isn't necessary, allowing the substitution for an alternate phys defense breaker or attack buffer.

For endgame Razor make sure they have at least a Gladiator 4pc set with lvl16+ ATK%/Phys/Crit slots, okay crit substats, basic 6/6/6 talent investment, and one of the better 4* weapons maxed. Bolide 4pc probably works as a Gladiator substitute with Zhongli.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 19, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

malbogio posted:

For peak damage to Stormterror with a Razor team I initiate with Bennett's Q for the attack buff, then switch to Zhongli's hold E for the defense break and to strip away the fire status (you can dodge cancel once the hands glow if you don't need the geo shield drain effect), so that it doesn't react when I throw in a Kaeya Q or E to apply ice, then switch to Razor's Q activating superconduct. Though if Kaeya's Q is up the ice will be re-applied, meaning Zhongli's fire status stripping isn't necessary, allowing the substitution for an alternate phys defense breaker or attack buffer.

For endgame Razor make sure they have at least a Gladiator 4pc set with lvl16+ ATK%/Phys/Crit slots, okay crit substats, basic 6/6/6 talent investment, and one of the better 4* weapons maxed. Bolide 4pc probably works as a Gladiator substitute with Zhongli.

Oh gently caress, I hit frienship lvl 10 with him and haven't been using him or Kaeya much since. I totally forgot about superconduct, no wonder he seems weaker than when he was my main dps!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mang Tomas posted:

Got a stringless R3, stringless R1 and the upcoming windblume ode. Should I combine the stringless to one R4 and a windblume for Venti and Fischl or just do R3 stringless and R1 stringless for both?

I'd keep the 2 Stringless, that event bow seems pretty bad.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i hope electro + dendro is a physical reaction of some kind, otherwise electro's gonna be the weakest of the attack elements, probably forever

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

John Lee posted:

right now he has about 40% crit rate ~120% crit damage. i use skyward gs, phys goblet, and four piece gladiator's set, and his base talent levels are 9/7/9 (but 10/7/12 if you count my constellation bonuses). i also throw down bennet's ult, which is why his atk goes so high; without it i think i hit 8~10ks which is, uh fuckin great with his ult that lets you swing like three times a second lol. i stack that with superconduct and that's what gets his crits in the 12-16k range. i can hit as high as 20k+ per swing but you need a little bit more than superconduct--i use c4 razor's bite + c2 klee's bombs but you need things to line up a little right with that.

here's the catch: you NEED the skyward greatsword to get these specific results vs bosses, because it doubles his phys damage for eight swings. but if you need more than those eight swings... raise bennet's attack :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Stormgale posted:

the game has absurdly high damage cielings and she dosent reach them.

She's literally on the bottom of the possible list, and with a two group limit that's not a great position to be in. She's limited mechanically up to floor 12, where she's just limited by low damage. She's worse than Xiao, who's primary weakness is everything in abyss.

...unless we're not talking about abyss, in which case who cares. Make a random team and you'll clear it. Eat your way to victory. Pick teams based on friendship grinding. Use DPS Barbara.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Mailer posted:

She's literally on the bottom of the possible list, and with a two group limit that's not a great position to be in. She's limited mechanically up to floor 12, where she's just limited by low damage. She's worse than Xiao, who's primary weakness is everything in abyss.

...unless we're not talking about abyss, in which case who cares. Make a random team and you'll clear it. Eat your way to victory. Pick teams based on friendship grinding. Use DPS Barbara.

You say this, but the intent behind that last statement of yours also indicates there's characters who don't even make the list, yeah?

Keqing might be hamstrung by weakest element, weakest weapon type, and comparatively worse talents, but she's still an actual damage dealer. So, difference in perspective.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Solkanar512 posted:

So this is based on leaks purported by the 1.5 dev kit leak and posted across a few discords so no promises about changes or whatnot. Feel free to speculate, celebrate or mock as you see fit. Bold is 5*, italics is first appearance.

Patch 1.4
April 6th: Tartaglia, Rosaria, Fischl, Bennet

Patch 1.5
April 28th: Zhongli, Yanfei, Ningguang, Diona
May 18: Eula, Beidou, Barbara, Xianyan

Patch 1.6
June 9: Klee, Xingqui, Sucrose, Rosaria
June 30: Unknown

gently caress.
I really want ice nun, but I have C6 Fischl and I think (top of my head, might be 4) C5 Bennet.

Then again, I also have Keqing and think she's fun to use. Does Bennet's C6 override the effect where her E converts her normals to electro? Pyro Keqing sounds cool but I hate not being able to use her teleport without loving up her normals, that's why I quit running her physical.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
But, in a way, wouldn't you say the Genshinest Impact was the friends we made along the way?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

im saint germain posted:

But, in a way, wouldn't you say the Genshinest Impact was the friends we made along the way?

I still don't know what a Genshin is.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mailer posted:

I 9 starred the previous 2 cycles.of abyss with her fine. She's fine.

She also slots into teams way easier than xiao Childe Ning, and maybe Hu tao.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ning doesn't need a team though

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ning only reaches her power spike with proper geo support from albedo or zhongli last I checked. She can take traveller or Noelle for the resonance bot but she's not as amazing

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hazdoc posted:

i hope electro + dendro is a physical reaction of some kind, otherwise electro's gonna be the weakest of the attack elements, probably forever

Allegedly:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/m7ikhx/no_chasm_in_15/

"The main reason is that Chasm is highly connected with Dendro , and dendro is connected with electro. The current balance of electro is off , so it seems that they need more time to work on it"

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Vargs posted:

I still don't know what a Genshin is.

What a Kamen Rider says when they transform

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Even if Keqing is a weaker carry she at least doesn't have any direct competition in the pure electro niche.

When the lightning region comes out I imagine even she's going to get obsoleted immediately, though.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Xiao is pretty drat good in abyss especially with crowds and shield-carrying enemies so I have no idea what's going on there.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Bloody Emissary posted:

Hey, the KFC burger recipe is actually really good. It costs four Fowl per burger, sure, but all the other ingredients can be bought or made from general store purchases.

a blue healing recipe that uses fowl is a gamechanger

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

booksnake posted:

You say this, but the intent behind that last statement of yours also indicates there's characters who don't even make the list, yeah?

I mean, yes? She's just bad relative to other options. If you don't have any other options, then welp.

Danann posted:

Xiao is pretty drat good in abyss especially with crowds and shield-carrying enemies so I have no idea what's going on there.

Xiao has two problems. The first is energy regen, and without ridiculously perfect artifacts (or a stacked Venti/Jean team) you're running an ER sands. This is further dicked with by floor 11. The bigger problem is that you eat everything - ice cages, bubbles, everything mages do, agent attacks, big hits... everything. You can't dodge in the air and couldn't see the attack anyway. The 30% health drop from his ult combined with eating poo poo for the duration tends to leave him near-death at the end and sitting around waiting for healing and energy again.

Ignoring whaling, it's still a fixable problem. You just need ZL's shield(s), Venti's succ/energy, and Jean's energy/healing. That's pretty drat expensive. My ghetto version with Sucrose/Diona/Bennet just doesn't cut it on 11-2 and definitely doesn't let me run ATK sands with my artifacts. At least Venti will solve the floor 11 problem and I can run more focused teams for 12.

He's great at aoe, but only during his ult, which means five small groups quickly turns into four small groups and then you're fighting for energy again.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 19, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Draxion posted:

What a Kamen Rider says when they transform

No that’s “Henshin”, a genshin is a mechanical device that turns some other form of power into motion

kater
Nov 16, 2010

that leaked banner list screams dream list bullshit, really do not think its legit. especially because it came out after all the huge leaks happened.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Captain France posted:

gently caress.
I really want ice nun, but I have C6 Fischl and I think (top of my head, might be 4) C5 Bennet.

Then again, I also have Keqing and think she's fun to use. Does Bennet's C6 override the effect where her E converts her normals to electro? Pyro Keqing sounds cool but I hate not being able to use her teleport without loving up her normals, that's why I quit running her physical.

It probably does, Chong's E skill aura overwrites Keq's electro. That's why most people just live with the red exclamation mark forever if they get a 6th stella on him, it ruins a lot of comps. I also have C6 Fish/C5 Benny so I'll probably just skip that banner entirely if that list turns out to be accurate. I gotta save for Zhongli anyways.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

I present to you this cursed image that appeared while we were playing last night.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

kater posted:

that leaked banner list screams dream list bullshit, really do not think its legit. especially because it came out after all the huge leaks happened.

None of it seemed crazy though. The fact that they had to do no new 5*s an entire patch schedule and just 1 new one every patch afterwards is still less than ideal for them.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the real fanfiction wish-fulfillment banner lists put new 4*s and 5*s on the same banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Their ‘we have a new 4*’ first choice for a banner is freaking Tartaglia and someone expects they are putting Zhongli up with one right after? And Rosario repeats within a month? It’s nonsense.