Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
NXT UK is even getting a Wrestlemania week special? Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

graph posted:

kross sucks. like what are the available plotlines

he drinks a monster energy and starts punching holes in walls, and then unwittingly destroys some equipment crucial to broadcasting NXT on television. william regal is able to purchase replacement equipment but, as it turns out, its only capable of broadcasting on tuesday nights

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Karrion Kross is definitely winning the title off Balor, he hangs with the right kind of people:
https://twitter.com/JoeyOnEarth/status/1372651492692402179

Actually surprised these fuckers managed to put on masks, I thought putting on masks would immediately cause them to melt into a puddle of water or something.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

graph posted:

kross sucks. like what are the available plotlines

It's classic "NXT loves to book themselves into a corner." If Balor wins, there's nothing for Kross to do that makes any sense, so I guess you call him up? And if Balor wins, who's left for him to feud with that anyone would care about? If Balor loses, then there's nothing for him to do in NXT, and he's been vocal about not wanting to go back to the main roster. If Kross wins, then I guess he feuds with KOR eventually? Some sort of Dexter Lumis bullshit?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Balor vs Walter is a distinct possibility

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ciampa should theoretically be going after Kross at some point but yeah there isn't much that makes sense after that.

I hope to see Balor and Kushida before they decide to send him back for another round with the new Fiend.

Procrastinator posted:

This too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Procrastinator posted:

They were setting it up before COVID hit so definitely but also lol if Finn ends up stuck in the vortex of NXT UK

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Karrion Kross is definitely winning the title off Balor, he hangs with the right kind of people:

Actually surprised these fuckers managed to put on masks, I thought putting on masks would immediately cause them to melt into a puddle of water or something.

Look at that henchman-looking goon. So loving generic.

Also, way to completely miss the point of the movie, you stupid loving bastard, Klarion.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

We Got Us A Bread posted:

It's classic "NXT loves to book themselves into a corner." If Balor wins, there's nothing for Kross to do that makes any sense, so I guess you call him up? And if Balor wins, who's left for him to feud with that anyone would care about? If Balor loses, then there's nothing for him to do in NXT, and he's been vocal about not wanting to go back to the main roster. If Kross wins, then I guess he feuds with KOR eventually? Some sort of Dexter Lumis bullshit?

You could have two people interfere in that match. Ciampa could interfere which sets up Kross vs Ciampa if Kross is slated to lose or Balor vs Ciampa if Balor is slated to lose.

The second person can come out after the match and beat up on the champion in order to set up the next rivalry for the championship.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Germansimp posted:

Well both Kross and Scarlett are very active on Parler and this is from Wuertz doing that capital bullshit he did recently.

Absolute whack jobs. They’re so deep into QAnon stuff.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Rarity posted:

They were setting it up before COVID hit so definitely but also lol if Finn ends up stuck in the vortex of NXT UK

sure but also, frankly, who could possibly care where anything happens

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Germansimp posted:

Karrion Kross is definitely winning the title off Balor, he hangs with the right kind of people

shocking information for a guy with a giant MOLON LABE tattoo

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

graph posted:

shocking information for a guy with a giant MOLON LABE tattoo

Molon Labe is something I only associate with the Battle of Thermopylae. So which right-wing group is now misappropriating that for their lovely cause?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Googling around it appears to be connected with gun advocacy (going back like 70 years) but that does tend to lead down the rabbit hole of alt-right wackos.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Germansimp posted:

Molon Labe is something I only associate with the Battle of Thermopylae. So which right-wing group is now misappropriating that for their lovely cause?

Weird right-wing militia types.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there's a reason people call it "Moron Label"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Germansimp posted:

III%ers etc

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Is Karrion Kross good... or is he just tall?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

He's not even tall

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Codependent Poster posted:

He's not even tall

Just can't get enthusiastic about a dude that looks like a strip club bouncer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Half of professional wrestling used to bounce. There's 2 books of anecdotes purely from wrestlers and MMA fighters who used to do it.

Kind of a weird tack to take.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Half of professional wrestling used to bounce. There's 2 books of anecdotes purely from wrestlers and MMA fighters who used to do it.

But, like, Kevin Nash is cool as hell. The Godfather was cool as hell. Kross is profoundly not cool.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lumbermouth posted:

Watch his match with Moxley and I think that's everything to understand about the man. He's okay at the strong style trappings, but can't elevate beyond.

He does alright at looking like a badass, but occasionally fails (that stupid polo), so I certainly wouldn't have him champion of my company.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s an upgrade from an Applebee’s manager at least.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Yeah, but the Road Warriors didn't look like strip club bouncers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's not about whether or not your lad used to be a bouncer - that's not even particularly relevant. It's that he looks like a generic enemy sprite from a mid-90's Capcom beat-em-up.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/145088/wwe-nxt-tv-update.html?p=1

PWInsider.com has heard from multiple sources this morning that WWE's production schedule for the month of April now lists WWE NXT for Tuesdays every week post Wrestlemania weekend.

The first episode will be Tuesday 4/13 following Wrestlemania 37 and every Tuesday thereafter, NXT will air the night after Raw.

Unless there are plans to run a replay the day after, the move effectively leaves AEW Dynamite alone on Wednesdays, so it will be interesting to track what the viewing patterns for each show will be once they separate.

This move would put Impact Wrestling opposite WWE NXT, so expect AXS TV to shift Impact programming to Thursdays so that series remains unopposed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is a much better move for wrestling as a whole. I love it.

Anything to stop pitting people against each other for wrestling, which needs a revitalization for the greater good.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I think the damage has already been done in terms of making this a tribal war. NXT killed a lot of the good will it had built up by being positioned against aew, and a lot of NXT fans that might have watched aew at the start have now had a year and a half of it being explicit competition that they need to justify watching NXT over. Both shows will probably see an increase in viewers, but there will likely be less crossover than if the war never happened.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm not going back to NXT at this point. They've got no one there I care about and also multiple pedophiles

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The only person in a year and a half who's gotten me to change the channel was Io Shirai. And she hasn't had a whole lot of matches.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lumbermouth posted:

He always looks like a frustrated substitute teacher to me.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Matmenpodcast/status/1376688335347924998

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I think the damage has already been done in terms of making this a tribal war. NXT killed a lot of the good will it had built up by being positioned against aew, and a lot of NXT fans that might have watched aew at the start have now had a year and a half of it being explicit competition that they need to justify watching NXT over. Both shows will probably see an increase in viewers, but there will likely be less crossover than if the war never happened.

It is an interesting theory: there would be less AEW Console Warriors if the WWE hadn’t made it a war. It makes sense. But people here hate WWE so much (rightfully so) now that I wonder if NXT ever had a chance.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rick posted:

It is an interesting theory: there would be less AEW Console Warriors if the WWE hadn’t made it a war. It makes sense. But people here hate WWE so much (rightfully so) now that I wonder if NXT ever had a chance.

The association with WWE didn't stop NXT from being popular around here for a good few years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Pylons posted:

The association with WWE didn't stop NXT from being popular around here for a good few years.

Yeah you are right.

It’s a shame because at least the women’s division is still really good and deserves more eyes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my opinion the pointlessness of nxt in how anyone is treated on the main roster did as much or possibly more more to hurt nxt's popularity here than going against aew. I would still watch takeovers if it meant anything

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I calmly change my mind, and concede that going against aew was a much bigger issue. very embarrassing thing i said. But you must know in order to have a full and clear picture, that many people were done with the development brand before dynamite started

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Rick posted:

Yeah you are right.

It’s a shame because at least the women’s division is still really good and deserves more eyes.

It's good, but you can't even say that NXT has a better women's division than AEW does anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Armitage posted:

It's good, but you can't even say that NXT has a better women's division than AEW does anymore.

Sure I can.