Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I don't know, Lethality didn't really attack anybody. Saying that someone has lied is different from an attack, if you can't say someone lied then that's basically gaslighting.

Its not like they insulted the devs. The unlisted rule here is "do not attack Star Citizen or say negative things about CIG"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zaphod42 posted:

To be fair, Destiny is also a game that doesn't know what it wants to be, and also features lootboxes.

But Destiny is a game, and Star Citizen is not.
Destiny's lootboxes are purely cosmetic which isn't great, but I'm much more willing to accept lootboxes that don't have mechanical effects.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ronmcd posted:

Man I really hope Frontier's claims about having seamless battles on foot, SRV, and ship up into space ACTUALLY happens in Odyssey, would just be perfect timing with all this Theatres nonsense.

I still don't get Theatres of War. Was it not supposed to be a sort of throwaway test bed to help improve the PU? But now it's sounding like an actual product, Firesprite called it the "forthcoming Star Citizen multiplayer mode, “Theaters of War” (working title)".

Working title lol.

No, ToW was supposed to be a totally feasible, quick turnaround and straightforward game mode side project that would help increase SC visibility with the help of paid streamers, and increase sales all the while reassuring backers that CIG is capable of delivering... something, and thereby reassuring them that SC and SQ42 will be similarly released at some point.

As it turns out, CIG can not even do a totally feasible, quick turnaround and straightforward project.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Elysiume posted:

Destiny's lootboxes are purely cosmetic which isn't great, but I'm much more willing to accept lootboxes that don't have mechanical effects.

I agree, but I think the only truly ethical microtransactions are cosmetics that you purchase directly and know how much they'll cost. But it sure beats pay2win either way.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

MedicineHut posted:

As it turns out, CIG can not even do a totally feasible, quick turnaround and straightforward project.

2024: As it turns out, neither can Firesprite, who will be the new Illfonic to get blamed for delaying the release by years.

(and that's not their fault, nothing is feasible when it comes to what SC is supposed to be)

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile, almost 2 montsh ago:

quote:

Sounds more like "test was bad, the whole thing is on ice for the time being"

quote:

Duncan-CIG
CIG Employee
69 points

Absolutely not the case. Although our team (the ToW team) is small we've continued to have our full attention on the mode.

There's an insane amount of improvements that has went into it - I think those that played in our last Evo tests will be pleasantly surprised by how their feedback has shaped the mode.

The playtest I was in last week was so much fun! And i am super excited to see you guys get a hands on; however, there's still some work to do that needs done before we'd benefit from another round of evo or public playtesting.

I know soonTM isnt the answer you want to see. But all good things take time, rushing it out before its ready for it does no one any good.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Citizen: The reason Star Citizen takes so long is that everything is modeled with absolute fidelity, from the ground up! You'll get all sorts of different gameplay when the systems begin to interact with each other and generate realistic procedural outcomes!

Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AetwiIzFS0c

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

Hahaha can't wait for some of my leaks to go the same route

More creative Ben insults when?

:contentlocust:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
They'll just announce some new ship to appease the restless crowd and all will be well.

Anyway
https://v.redd.it/au96ylvm3tn61/DASH_720.mp4

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
So if FPS interations in SC are now via 'guns', what happened to 'grabby hands'?
Is this mechanic now just for players who like to hide in crates and dark corners?

Edit - that's a butterfly with a deathwish

DGP Space Lion
Oct 10, 2012

Welcome to Goa, Singham
Some fine Crobbears I found in a book about government sponsored comic books

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Ponzi posted:

So if FPS interations in SC are now via 'guns', what happened to 'grabby hands'?
Is this mechanic now just for players who like to hide in crates and dark corners?

They love salt too much.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ponzi posted:

Grabby Hands was a Sandi Gardiner tech and she used it on both Chris neck and wallet.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Are cunts being sucked? Are parents being called? Where are the testicle jpgs?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Thats the good stuff right there. Thanks friend.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't know, Lethality didn't really attack anybody. Saying that someone has lied is different from an attack, if you can't say someone lied then that's basically gaslighting.

Its not like they insulted the devs. The unlisted rule here is "do not attack Star Citizen or say negative things about CIG"

ROFL. RIGHT

I never see posts about marketing, changing 'promises' (always makes me laugh) on concepts, about funding, all the 3rd party firms they use.. It's every day all day lol!

It's also usually the same backers who enjoy their emotional vomit and salt throwing in a pathetic attempt to achieve external validation for their emotions, they seem to lack the skill to process internally.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If this is what it takes for lethality to realize that CiG isn’t his friend, so be it.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Don't mess with FOIP

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousPiliablePlumAMPEnergyCherry-VPA_wSan3EuFNtfk

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 19, 2021

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
CIG is the catholic church

Lethality is Martin Luther

Twitter is the church doors

:krad:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think Chris Roberts enjoys seeing people burst into laughter every time they try to use FOIP? Does he nod sagely or does he become enraged, transforming into a hulking bearman, yelling "MORE FIDELITY!" as he trashes his office?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BigglesSWE posted:

If this is what it takes for lethality to realize that CiG isn’t his friend, so be it.

That doesn't make any sense. If CI¬G wasn't the backers' friend, why would the company spend a decade promising that things will happen in the future if the backers just keep faith and keep paying? Isn't that just what friends do? Maybe you just have a very different experience with friends, and that's why your expectations are so off?

ErrEff posted:

Do you think Chris Roberts enjoys seeing people burst into laughter every time they try to use FOIP? Does he nod sagely or does he become enraged, transforming into a hulking bearman, yelling "MORE FIDELITY!" as he trashes his office?

Based on previous demonstrations, it seems pretty clear that Chris doesn't ever really watch anything related to the game or its state of development.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 19, 2021

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

ErrEff posted:

Depends if there's a giant crowd watching him or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXB5jnGXBQ&t=1385s

"We have Face-Over IP that's working right now!"

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A commando criticises the Theaters of War announcement:

quote:

Imagine if every company took 4 years to produce an alpha of a tiny game mode that should already be a natural product emerging from the development work already done by the international team.

Imagine.

Imagine if a company took 9+ years to produce an alpha.

TheBombPhilosopher
Jan 6, 2020
CIG has studios in LA, Austin, and UK, plus a bunch of hanger-on studios like Turblent and Firesprite. I didn't realize it was possible to run 5+ studios on a 100 million~ dollar a year budget. Game studios are cheaper than I thought.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheBombPhilosopher posted:

CIG has studios in LA, Austin, and UK, plus a bunch of hanger-on studios like Turblent and Firesprite. I didn't realize it was possible to run 5+ studios on a 100 million~ dollar a year budget. Game studios are cheaper than I thought.

Well… they have been operating at a seven-figure loss for a number of years now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MedicineHut posted:

No, ToW was supposed to be a totally feasible, quick turnaround and straightforward game mode side project that would help increase SC visibility with the help of paid streamers,

So now that we know that ToW goes a way back then I think we can safely assume that RexShilla was indeed hired to play it.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Lord Stimperor posted:

So I think we're not allowed to post tweets in this thread. But over on Twitter Sandi Gardiner seems to be enjoying Valheim greatly, so I guess that's good for Star Citizen.

This is very surprising as she basically hasn't tweeted for an entire year except for her "St. Patrick's Day" tweet which was actually a "subtle" way of showing that she was in a film set trailer.

I wonder if someone told her to pretend that she still existed in some way to keep the commandos placated.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zaphod42 posted:

The backers are getting restless! :allears:

Seriously though you know you've got a cult on your hands when "true believers" like Lethality who have fought for SC and donated to SC for years suddenly voice concern and are themselves silenced by others and considered FUDsters.

A lot of goons and star citizens both have pointed out how if you want to say anything even slightly negative about CIG to the fanbase, you have to start with a preable like "Hey I'm a huge fan and long time backer with 10 ships, can't wait for the game, anyways just wondering if anybody knows why __________ ? I figure there's a good explanation because CIG are amazing so if someone could just explain"

Very toxic fanbase

You got to make sure you hit that checklist.

Most of your post has to be about your love of sc, your personal admiration for Cr, how much you pledged, how loyal you have been, how long, the massive size of your honking fleet... and after those 3-5 paragraphs you are allowed a sentence of "but I..." where you can voice slight concern. Not too much concern though, just slightly.

Anything else and you are basically a goon/Derek/refundian/fudster. Doesn't matter how loyal you are.

Also don't expect cig to give a care about you for your decade of positive posting... one dissenting comment is enough to wash you away from you community forever.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Zaphod42 posted:

The backers are getting restless! :allears:

Seriously though you know you've got a cult on your hands when "true believers" like Lethality who have fought for SC and donated to SC for years suddenly voice concern and are themselves silenced by others and considered FUDsters.

A lot of goons and star citizens both have pointed out how if you want to say anything even slightly negative about CIG to the fanbase, you have to start with a preable like "Hey I'm a huge fan and long time backer with 10 ships, can't wait for the game, anyways just wondering if anybody knows why __________ ? I figure there's a good explanation because CIG are amazing so if someone could just explain"

Very toxic fanbase

Star Citizen is Scientology with spaceships.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

LOL that's not going to last long (the post or an AMA if they ever had one, they won't).

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

Friendship without benefits.

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017
SaltEMike explains the Star Citizen Experience

edit not sure that link worked for some reason
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileShinyManateePicoMause-6y3Mrq7l7ggPYoAC

Mostly Dead
Aug 8, 2007

Wait can someone explain what this RSI Museum is/was? Was this just the promise of Ben playing Wing Commander once a month?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Any workarounds to keep the Prospector from killing me every day?

Hey guys,

The bug that happens at the top of the ladder area in the Prospector is killing my avatar often. It mostly happens when trying to exit. After opening the door to exit the ship something about the ladder animation kills my character, even if I step back away from the door area.

The problem is a bit frustrating when I have a full load of quantanium that I'm on my way to refine. When the ship kills me as I try to get out, the ship is instantly stored which turns the quantanium into inert materials, which means I lose about 30 min of work and around $350,000.

Does anyone have any methods for exiting the ship so that it doesn't kill you?

Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mostly Dead posted:

Wait can someone explain what this RSI Museum is/was? Was this just the promise of Ben playing Wing Commander once a month?
Yes, basically. It has two first episodes and that's it.

Have a look

First first episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8gj2YyB0Hg

Second first episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-LuCT2wQM

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tippis posted:

Based on previous demonstrations, it seems pretty clear that Chris doesn't ever really watch anything related to the game or its state of development.

Playing his game and taking time to watch how other people play his game?

Who do you think he is?! He is not some low brow "video gamer" guy. He's got important stuff to do. Don't waste the whisperers time with petty video games for kids.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dwesa posted:

Yes, basically. It has two first episodes and that's it.

Have a look

First first episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8gj2YyB0Hg

Second first episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-LuCT2wQM

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ronmcd posted:

SaltEMike explains the Star Citizen Experience

edit not sure that link worked for some reason
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileShinyManateePicoMause-6y3Mrq7l7ggPYoAC

I don't see him eating a big spoonful of poo poo. Misleading!

... and downvoted, although it pains me so. Rules are rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like how the first one has 0 downvotes and the second one 271.