Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I’m Crystal Dynamics, I release Avengers: Game of the Year Edition this summer.

Don’t worry about adding anything new at all. Like, at all.

Just call it A: GOTY Edition and sell it like hot cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Marvel Avengers 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the game is a good single player game and nothing there interests me at all. Like, just give me more characters and story, not more GAAS stuff. This shouldn't have been GAAS from the start. Ugh.

I guess replaying the missions on PS5 might be fun to see how it looks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is the next gen stuff even anything that wasn’t available on PC already?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hope they make it not run like rear end cause to this day it will still randomly crash.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
huge :lol: @ paid expansion, holy moly

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

huge :lol: @ paid expansion, holy moly

https://twitter.com/playavengers/status/1372615069066878977?s=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 18, 2021

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Be nice if this would just go free to play already so it can die off. It was fun to mock it at first, but now it just feels like picking on a special needs kid. They genuinely just can't do any better. :saddowns:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well giving it for free is a little less stupid

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Is 'free for those who own the core game' basically saying there'll be some form of F2P version by the time it comes out?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Junkenstein posted:

Is 'free for those who own the core game' basically saying there'll be some form of F2P version by the time it comes out?

That's actually a really good catch. :thunk:

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Zaodai posted:

That's actually a really good catch. :thunk:

Also, it would be a surprise to absolutely loving nobody.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Yup, F2P is basically the life-support system of failing GaaS like this.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Retro42 posted:

Yup, F2P is basically the life-support system of failing GaaS like this.

I have very little restraint spending a few bucks to play character dress up and played this game way longer than most and still the only time I ever spent credits was when they gave some out for free

I honestly don’t think anything you can buy in this game is cool looking or fun

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Junkenstein posted:

probably means if you have it through gamepass you need to buy it

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So I finally started playing the campaign. Boy. How is it possible that every character reminds me of a different, better game I could be playing?

I'm a fierce defender of Sega's old Captain America Arkham ripoff that was critically mauled. And even that did a hell of a lot better job than anything I just experienced.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Kamala single handedly carries that campaign.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone feels better once you get more skills unlocked too. Kamala is fun all the way through, but the others don't feel right until you open up the skill tree.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Codependent Poster posted:

Everyone feels better once you get more skills unlocked too. Kamala is fun all the way through, but the others don't feel right until you open up the skill tree.

Yeah this, lots of the characters feel meh until you flesh out their skill trees a bit. Another reason why slowing leveling is dumb, so many basic attack moves locked behind skill points.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Iron Man should have had all three ranged options available from the start, his entire gameplay style is about changing between them as the situation changes since they also change how he melees.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
This game needs a total rework of the gear system and endgame loop, new characters or missions aren't going to save it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The lack of cosmetic gear sucks, especially for a 3rd person brawler game. I love customizing my space Barbie in Destiny and I can’t even see what my dude looks like in that most of the time. Mixing and matching iron man armor bits would be :discourse:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The lack of cosmetic gear sucks, especially for a 3rd person brawler game. I love customizing my space Barbie in Destiny and I can’t even see what my dude looks like in that most of the time. Mixing and matching iron man armor bits would be :discourse:

It didn’t save anthem, it wouldn’t save this even if it was the on the table.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Kalli posted:

They've announced a new villain sector already, it's the save transfer system.

:sickos:

How much save data is actually stored server-side for this game? Why could I not just do a fresh install of the PS5 version and have my progress and stats get downloaded, like almost every other GaaS does it?

What happens if you're playing the current PS4 version and you 'delete' your save? Do you start over fresh? Do the servers not dump that stuff back onto your console and there's a save recreated with your current stats?

EDIT:

The only data that is stored server-side seems to be microtransaction purchases that are tied to your account, all character data is local only. Lots of people have lost all their progress because CD and SE did not warn people.

quote:

We are investigating reports of issues with the save transfers, as mentioned in this thread please do not delete your PS4 versions before completing the migration process successfully..

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayAvengers/comments/m7uqwq/dont_delete_the_ps4_version_till_you_migrated/

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 19, 2021

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

ErrEff posted:

How much save data is actually stored server-side for this game? Why could I not just do a fresh install of the PS5 version and have my progress and stats get downloaded, like almost every other GaaS does it?

What happens if you're playing the current PS4 version and you 'delete' your save? Do you start over fresh? Do the servers not dump that stuff back onto your console and there's a save recreated with your current stats?

IIRC the only things stored server side were the things you paid real money for, so like at one point people were losing outfits that they had unlocked, and they were able to roll back the ones that people bought with real money pretty quickly, but everyone who lost outfits they got from playing the game got to pound sand for a while.

Apparently they committed to making it playable offline so that's why?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
What I'm hearing is I should load up cheat engine and make all my characters level 50 with all outfits unlocked

You know, if I had tge game installed still

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hah, I just moved house, can't get a wired connection to the same room as the TV. I thought, "Well, I wanted to get a PS5 anyway" and so pulled the trigger on one, thinking y'know, with WiFi it would all be cool and good.

HOWEVER...

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yep. No one wiped and sold their PS4 when they got a PS5. That would be crazy

What a bunch of gently caress ups

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Avengers isn’t the only game that requires you to upload a save via the PS4 to some third party cloud so you can reuse it on the PS5. That’s on Sony for not providing a clean way to bring PS4 saves over.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It didn’t save anthem, it wouldn’t save this even if it was the on the table.

It wouldn’t save it, no, but it’s just one of the ways the endgame gearing up stuff sucks. In addition to being pitifully slow. And not having interesting loot. And everything being TOO disposable. I liked infusing some items up in destiny to keep them as I leveled my gear score instead of everything going in the trash.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't think Sony is responsible for converting saves between two different games they didn't make.

For the same game (like playing Death Stranding PS4 and then playing the same version on your PS5) it's like, two button presses to put it in the cloud and back.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's wrong with me that even after reading this thread I still want to get the game? I haven't done due to a bunch of extra expenses and the remote possibility it hits ps plus soon.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

I don't think Sony is responsible for converting saves between two different games they didn't make.

For the same game (like playing Death Stranding PS4 and then playing the same version on your PS5) it's like, two button presses to put it in the cloud and back.

Yet on Xbox it's seamless... makes you think.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hugoon Chavez posted:

What's wrong with me that even after reading this thread I still want to get the game? I haven't done due to a bunch of extra expenses and the remote possibility it hits ps plus soon.

I mean, the campaign is good, it’s just the post campaign that’s a loving mess.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Honestly this thread is down on it, and rightly so, but if it was only the single player campaign, and no promises of anything else to come after, it wouldn't have NEARLY as much bad blood going on. Or, I don't think so. I really enjoyed the single player game, I went to play some of the post-game multiplayer stuff and bounced off it, but didn't really think much about it, and was just looking forward to other characters coming out in the future. I came to this thread to see what the skinny was with new characters, and was like "OHHHH It's a car crash, I see!"

I really never would have known just how much of a mess it is, tbh.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've been individually bringing over saves and game data from ps4 to ps5 since the new hard drive is the size of a thimble.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
will have to say running at a constant 60 fps the actual fighting in this is great

and its crazy how thirsty for content everyone is when a bleak brown desert tile set feels like a loving content oasis

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

when I downloaded the PS4 version of FF7R on my PS5 the saves were just there already, I didn't even have to do anything

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

when I downloaded the PS4 version of FF7R on my PS5 the saves were just there already, I didn't even have to do anything
thats because its the same version -- there's no PS5 version for FF7R out yet.

Same thing with Death Stranding, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I miss Marvel Heroes so much, it's unreal. :smith: