Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZuluDashOne posted:

First shot done ez clap.

Pfizer gang what's crackin

More like Pf-loser gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2IX-23Qs8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Is it true that people with healthier immune systems tend to have worse reactions to the shot?

Theoretically.

I've also had it so my body is like "WHOA BITCH NOT TODAY"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
NCAA racking up wins all over the place apparently.

https://twitter.com/ChantelJennings/status/1372912079720550412

Well yes that's technically correct in that they are a human, but also kinda...

quote:

For starters, the NCAA isn’t offering a childcare stipend for parents who left their kids at home. There is no kid’s corner in the tournament bubble. There were no guaranteed suites for the parents and their young ones.

Some coaches will be there for upwards of a month. Choosing between their teams and their children is a really difficult decision to make, and one the NCAA made no easier by laying down blanket protocol.

For the coaches who are breastfeeding, their infant counts against the travel party numbers. So that baby, who depends on the coach as a food source, is “taking” a spot that, in some programs, could have gone to another support staffer, trainer, tutor or counselor because the NCAA didn’t want to make any distinctions.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
All in all, the snyder version of justice league is the better of the two cuts as it's a more complete story. It's still a pretty meh movie that could be an hour shorter and lose nothing and the horses in Themyscira still look so loving bad for how much they talked about new CG shots. The horses in BotW look better.

and the joker scene is still loving stupid and pointless

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Its amazing how bad Leto's joker is. Just fails in every way.

VVVVVV

Yeah Deathstroke could be really cool. Also the casting decision to make Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor was baffling.

Go back and retcon that Laurence Fishburne is Luthor and someone else is the editor of the Daily Planet. Luthor works best when he is someone who can pull off experienced and above everything. Eisenberg is just smug

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 19, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, the extras were somewhat useless. I like the world setting up with Deathstroke. I think its crushing the views too

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I tapped out last night with about an hour left, I’ll finish it today. At least the goofy bit from the theatrical cut where there’s a sky beam and they just say “oh no, we forgot about the cube!” has been replaced with an actual scene.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I haven't watched the snyder cut yet but I was fine with Eisenberg. It was something new.

like yeah some VC tech bro is an evil villain. I can buy it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I haven't watched the snyder cut yet but I was fine with Eisenberg. It was something new.

Reminder that Eisenberg quite literally played Zuck in a movie five or so years before BvS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
“lol why would women need weights?” - the NCAA apparently

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1372717497829498887

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would imagine that two completely different sets of people planned, booked, and supplied the men's event in Indianapolis and the women's event in San Antonio. Sure, it's a damning juxtaposition, but it's not like the NCAA presidents sat in a committee and decided "okay, the men need this amount of weights and the women need 1/100th of that."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

harperdc posted:

sounds like Oregon is allowing all adults to be eligible from May 1, so I'm encouraging my friends back home.

still no update on Japan's plan, which is cool, especially when you've got the finance minister complaining about how long we'll have to wear masks for. sigh.

Yup I'm excited for that date. I was hoping for earlier as I wanted to see my sister in MD in April but I'm straight up not getting on a plane until I get my vaccine.

Last week I visited my friend in Albany, OR to get help programming a new radio I got & while he's eligible for a vaccine (he's a sheriff's deputy) he didn't get his shot yet. He said he's concerned about the vaccine's sped-up release and noted "I've had to do wellness checks with a lot of homeless in the area and for some reason they don't seem to be dying of COVID-19." All I could do is give him the most :geno: stare and say "It's very likely they had other morbidity issues that got noted first."

Meanwhile my cousin in Los Angeles is on a ventilator due to COVID-19 & they're discussing lung replacement options. :negative:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Well this is an Insanely Bad Idea if I have ever seen one

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1372664814250598400?s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

*Facebook exec sees report on child suicide*

...I’ve got an idea.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Maybe it’s an FBI sting operation.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
They're also trying to end around the Apple IDFA/SkAdNetwork changes with their own, more direct tracking platform that would be server, rather than app based to avoid asking for permission. That's why Zuck's tone has changed of late on the matter.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

Trying to get that sweet youtube kids money.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is pretty good

The therapy scene was great and I am extremely saddened about Bucky's friendship with the old Japanese man.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is pretty good

The therapy scene was great and I am extremely saddened about Bucky's friendship with the old Japanese man.

I only made it about 45 minutes into Justice League, independent of all else I just do NOT like Snyder’s style, so I’ll probably jump over to this before trying to finish JL. My hopes aren’t spectacularly high but I figure it’ll likely be a little simpler/easier show to pull off than Wandavision since it’s easier for me to shut my brain off and enjoy guns and ‘splosions.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

I only made it about 45 minutes into Justice League, independent of all else I just do NOT like Snyder’s style, so I’ll probably jump over to this before trying to finish JL. My hopes aren’t spectacularly high but I figure it’ll likely be a little simpler/easier show to pull off than Wandavision since it’s easier for me to shut my brain off and enjoy guns and ‘splosions.

I was expecting that but the first episode is a slow burn, in a good way though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The Marvel formula is just so boring to me at this point. I'll watch F+WS tonight (out of respect to Captain American 2 aka the best Marvel Movie) but when I hear that they decide to give a scene to the Falcon getting rejected for a bank loan, Im starting to wonder if theyre just out of ideas

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

FizFashizzle posted:

Honestly it made such perfect sense to me that I wouldn't be surprised if the most vocal people who hate it are Elon Musk reply guys

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
First Pfizer shot gave me an arm sore enough that I couldn't really raise it above chest level for the better part of a day, but no feelings of sickness. Second one was nothing. I was all braced to feel terrible and it never happened. Phew.

Amy Pole Her posted:

they decide to give a scene to the Falcon getting rejected for a bank loan

lol do you think they got the idea from Anchorman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_LMuIs3Ek

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Going through DS9 at 1.25x speed.

O'Brien gets caught up in a lot of conspiracies wth?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Going through DS9 at 1.25x speed.

O'Brien gets caught up in a lot of conspiracies wth?

The man knows only pain

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

dirty shrimp money posted:

I'm in Houston. I'm going to have to wait for general public availability which isn't projected in Texas until late summer or fall...and then the waiting list runs about 3 months deep just for Phase 1. I'm expecting more like January or February 2022 for me.

Just go to a portal for a town outside of Houston. It's what I had to do, had to drive about an hour but got it done quickly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh yeah I watched more ds9.

This show is a lot darker than TNG is. The Wire was an excellent episode, holy poo poo Garak rules

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

BrownThunder posted:

Just go to a portal for a town outside of Houston. It's what I had to do, had to drive about an hour but got it done quickly.

This. Jasper is open to the general public from what I've heard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/creeptwin/status/1372330241222410241?s=19

Today I learned...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The fact that the Snyder cut is 4 hours long is actually the least ridiculous thing about it. The end of the MCU’s Infinity War storyline is almost 5 and a half hours long but no one complains about that.

General Dog posted:

I would imagine that two completely different sets of people planned, booked, and supplied the men's event in Indianapolis and the women's event in San Antonio. Sure, it's a damning juxtaposition, but it's not like the NCAA presidents sat in a committee and decided "okay, the men need this amount of weights and the women need 1/100th of that."

Except there’s already a track record of the women’s sports getting gently caress-all compared to the comparable men’s sports so no one needed to have a meeting on how to screw over the women athletes - it’s already part of the organization’s culture.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The movies are too drat long

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dang, alright fair enough - sorry for misunderstanding. I didn't realize it was actively worse, just thought y'all were being a bunch of babies.

I got an email saying that I could get an appointment at one of two pharmacies but they're way the gently caress up in North Georgia. Apparently the more rural towns are having trouble using all of their supplies, I can't imagine why.

As someone who has had chronic pain for 30 years and birthed 3 children, I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I'm not a baby. It was pretty bad. Still, I'd take 1000 sore arms to not die from covid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The end of MCU’s infinity war saga is long because it’s the culmination of like 20 movies.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

Oh yeah I watched more ds9.

This show is a lot darker than TNG is. The Wire was an excellent episode, holy poo poo Garak rules

DS9 is so good. I'm jealous

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

poo poo poo poo poo poo, in half an hour I have a short, informal phone interview for a job I'd love to have and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Nothing in the world freaks me out more than a job interview, I'm terrified of being asked technical questions that I can't answer off the top of my head

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo, in half an hour I have a short, informal phone interview for a job I'd love to have and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Nothing in the world freaks me out more than a job interview, I'm terrified of being asked technical questions that I can't answer off the top of my head

Start drinking, there’s still time! YOLO!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

I loving HATE Kai Wynn

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spoeank posted:

Last night instead of finishing the Snyder cut I watched the episode where Bashir and Garak talk about the story of the boy who cried "wolf!"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Start drinking, there’s still time! YOLO!

I'm at work right now but I'm surrounded by labs with a variety of chemicals so I guess anything is possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

You've got this.