Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's really uninspired though. I fully agree. The game itself has some cool ideas and the marketing should've emphasized the combo of stealth and combat which works well instead of focusing on the story which is bland and derivative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

there was always some oval office on hand ready to brag about the 50 hours they spent on it.

Was it you?
:wink:
:wmwink:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
actually I just remembered literally every fantasy game I enjoy has zombies in it as trash enemies

would like to amend my no zombie media to specifically say no zombie media about guys in modern day shooting at them with guns for the next 10-15 years

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Wolfsheim posted:

I didn't play Days Gone but I would also like all zombie media to vanish for the next 10-15 years

Unless,....what if batman....fought teh zombies

I think it works well when the zombies can run at full speed rather than just shuffling around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

no zombie media about guys in modern day shooting at them with guns for the next 10-15 years

eh DOOM?!?!?!??!?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay having beaten Uncharted 1 it....wasn't bad! The combat almost approaches fun in the shootout(s) in and around the church and the ending is weirdly easy after the slog that is the jetski section but it was a good time overall. Can Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg pull it off in the film adaptation? I'm doubtful but we'll see!

I also never played the original Tomb Raiders but I did play the newer trilogy and it's crazy how similar a lot of the setpieces in TR2013 are to UC1 (shootout on a burning cargo boat, mercenaries giving way to cursed monster guys, restarting a dilapidated generator from the early 20th century, etc etc). I'm not sure if that's just a byproduct of their only being so many things you can do with the adventure genre but it definitely felt the same a lot of the time.

I think I would have enjoyed Uncharted 1 a lot more if I hadn't have played Last of Us first and if I had played it closer to when it was new. It's not bad at all, but it's just much less polished than the other layer Naughty Dog games. I think you'll love 2

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BisterdDave posted:

I think it works well when the zombies can run at full speed rather than just shuffling around.

Isn’t this what made left 4 dead so great

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

eh DOOM?!?!?!??!?

it just made the cutoff by releasing the final DLC two days ago

a DLC I own but will likely never play as I gave up mewling and weeping on the first level of the other DLC

EDIT: though there is an argument to be made that DOOM is part of the fantasy genre at this point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Learn to work the saxophone
I, I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I, I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon St. John (Deacon St. John)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

I think I would have enjoyed Uncharted 1 a lot more if I hadn't have played Last of Us first and if I had played it closer to when it was new. It's not bad at all, but it's just much less polished than the other layer Naughty Dog games. I think you'll love 2

It's a well trod subject but even as a huge fan of UC, it's within the first ten seconds of UC2 (literally) that you see the massive progression. UC2 is closer to Last of Us 2 in overall design than it is UC1.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I now have access to both Days Gone and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Maybe I should play one of those

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

EDIT: though there is an argument to be made that DOOM is part of the fantasy genre at this point

Eternal and especially its two DLC packs are wayyyy more fantasy than Doom 2016.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm hyped! I only even got into the genre with Tomb Raider 2013 being extremely cheap and unexpectedly good, so it'll be kind of interesting to see the evolution of game design by playing the UC series back to back (and also from the perspective of a lovable rogue instead of serial killer Lara Croft). I tried something similar with Assassin's Creed but the third Ezio game has such a bad tower defense mode that I stopped, but UC seems like a much more reasonable length than any Ubisoft game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Batman

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/status/1372940963270643712

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Batman is literally older than the country of Israel.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

One thing I thought when playing Arkham City was "this is good but I really wish it was a GaaS lootcrawl instead" so it sucks that now I have to wait until 2022 to pay $15 to unlock extra costumes for Batgirl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Maybe they saw how badly Avengers did so they decided to actually finish their game before they released it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that the one with the Destiny tokens system for loot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wolfsheim posted:

One thing I thought when playing Arkham City was "this is good but I really wish it was a GaaS lootcrawl instead" so it sucks that now I have to wait until 2022 to pay $15 to unlock extra costumes for Batgirl

One thing I thought when playing Arkham City was "this Mr. Freeze stealth gadgets bossfight is too deep and creative, I wish he just had a health bar so I could punch him to death while ignoring his telegraphed area attacks"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Learn to work the saxophone
I, I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I, I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon St. John (Deacon St. John)

Ah, another gentleman loser like myself! :cheerdoge:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Somebody must have overheard me thinking about sekiro cuz work just handed out £30 amazon vouchers to everyone. Hyped for Sekiro Saturday

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Somebody must have overheard me thinking about sekiro cuz work just handed out £30 amazon vouchers to everyone. Hyped for Sekiro Saturday

I better really push hard tonight then!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

I finally tried Remnant From Ashes and I dunno if the Fortnite style of characters works for this survivalist loot roguelike.

Mostly it makes me just wanna play Bloodborne and I'm not even a big Bloodborne guy
Remnant really makes me wish that Capcom could make a RE4 style Bloodborne game (in addition to From making Bloodborne 2 of course).

bows1 posted:

Mortal Shell is actually really good once you get past the beginning where you are lost and your weapon sucks. On the boss of the ice temple now, almost beat him before going to bed. I’ll get his rear end in the AM.

Did they ever fix the beginning being a confusing maze about where to go? (If I remember correctly, Mortal Shell has some of the most depressing trophy stats about how few players ever make it to the lady who lets you level up, even compared to From games).

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Batman is quite obviously a bad and boring comic book character; he comes from DC, after all

I was legitimately thinking about this earlier today actually, how DC has the most recognizable super heroes but has always consistently had the worse superhero stories (exceptions for Sandman, Watchmen, Ambush Bug, and Doom Patrol, which all kick rear end)

Like everyone knows superman and batman, everyone in the world knows them, whereas even someone as iconic as say Wolverine is gonna be completely obtuse to vast populations of the world

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lol how inept was DC management in the 80s? Their strongest competition was a Canadian that drinks beer and does swears

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

batman is a cop, spider-man is a cop, and cops can :smuggo:g e t. f u c k e d.:smuggo:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remember that rad Wolverine game on PS3/Xbox360? That was cool as poo poo, Raven made it and it was insanely violent. I've been trying to pick that up for a while, can't find it anywhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

batman is a cop, spider-man is a cop, and cops can :smuggo:g e t. f u c k e d.:smuggo:

I assume you won't be playing Discop Elysium

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Thinking I need to start playing Sekiro

goons itt leveling up all over the place

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Spider man isn't a cop at heart like batman is though

Batman would take away your keys after you had a beer. Spiderman would just give you a speech about it and let you make up your mind

"With great buzz comes great responsibility"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'll buy it again and my point stands.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Remember that rad Wolverine game on PS3/Xbox360? That was cool as poo poo, Raven made it and it was insanely violent. I've been trying to pick that up for a while, can't find it anywhere.

My wife has solo beat two games in our 20 years of marriage: Munch's Odysee and Wolverine.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Literally the only time Spider-Man is a cop is in the PS4 game, otherwise Spider-Man is literally labeled a terrorist at times during certain story lines.

BP u wrong!!!

Batman sucks because unlike anyone else in the justice league, he could literally solve all of Gotham City’s problems with money but every night makes the conscious choice to spend cash on rims for the batmobile and shark repellent gas grenades

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

every night he makes the conscious choice to spend cash on shark repellent gas grenades

whom among us...

acksplode
May 17, 2004

When I am King of Australia the classification board will only allow cop games where the cop is a self-loathing depressed addict slob

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg live https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the punisher is good though

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Pulcinella posted:

Did they ever fix the beginning being a confusing maze about where to go? (If I remember correctly, Mortal Shell has some of the most depressing trophy stats about how few players ever make it to the lady who lets you level up, even compared to From games).

Absolutely not. I made it to the end of the first temple before i found the lady that is the first place you are supposed to go.

I did have the main area almost 100% memorized by the time I finished it but good lord there is a real lack of landmarks.

Also temple 3 crushed the high I was on after temple 2. I give it a solid 5.5/10 as a game.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

VideoGames posted:

I am exceptionally excited to get to Sekiro. I have no real clue what the game will be like, other than a smattering of info but I will be treating it like a dessert after besting the universe of dark souls.

A parrying 'rhythm' game sounds up my alley in every way.

Play Furi, although the the bullet hell portions may turn you off. It is the literal definition of rhythm parry game though, it’s all based off audio cues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

the punisher is good though

Arguably the single most anti—cop superhero, ironically