Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jamie Faith posted:

So Peter Coffin is having a messy break up with their podcast group. The podcast put out a statement wishing Coffin well, but then Coffin put out a tweet taking the podcast statement out of context to imply they were attacking coffin and acting like theyre the one taking the high ground lol

https://twitter.com/theymerSophie/status/1372726565155577858

lol. why do they always want to be a victim. like pete, stop picking dumb fights with randos and being a giant moronic rear end in a top hat who self owns worse than cinema robert. i don't even think Bob burned bridges are hard as you do.

jesus gently caress, what a bunch of ghouls. i never knew that he even had a daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

yeah, and that's a lot of it. plus the issue of stuff that isnt morally objectionable but there's no where to put it where you can like, convalesce with people who signed up for it. making art where you explore heavier stuff to deal with your own baggage is pretty normal, but twitter is just a giant pile where some stranger you dont know sees 'this story has sexual assault in it.' no context for how its handled or why is there, just that it exists.

not even talking about fanfic here cause ive seen actual published authors or like, people making comics get yelled at for that too. making that stuff is normal, not wanting to see that stuff is normal, these two people are put in the same site where theyll stumble across each other randomly with no prior warning. its inevitably gonna lead to conflict even in a perfect world where no bad actors exist.

yea the 'pro/anti' poo poo is such a mess you really can't make broad statements like 'pro means they support kids getting hosed', even if there absolutely are freaks who use that label who do there's so much weird tangential 'this character pair calls each other 'brother' because they're both soldiers, ergo they're 'sibling coded' and if you ship them you're pro incest' poo poo it means nothing.

Like, the My Hero fandom had a little drama explosion because like two or three popular fanfic writers decided one of the teachers at the school, a literal grown man who's said over and over to be a grown rear end man and looks like a grown rear end man, is 'minor coded' because his FANFIC version tends to have his more 'soft' elements played up and all, so shipping him with another grown rear end man who's also a literal teacher who is very physically and mentally a grown rear end man too is 'pro pedo'.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus gently caress, what a bunch of ghouls. i never knew that he even had a daughter.

Yeah, Whedon taking over JL was specifically because Snyder had to step down to grieve after his daughters death.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'his nihilism caused his daughter to kill herself' is something some 19th century Russian philosopher would say in a book that's a fictionalized version of a real debate so it's really loving funny seeing someone say it because their favorite comic book movie man called their bigoted clubhouse lovely.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Holy fuuuck

I probably should expect poo poo like that from lovely reactionaries by now but this kind of caught me off-guard. Just the sheer pettiness of it, using a suicide of someone's child to punish them for what exactly? Not liking your lovely podcast or whatever, and your lovely opinions? What a bunch of filth

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Good news and bad news about Civvie. The bad news is, no Ancient gods video coming... :smith:

https://twitter.com/Civvie11/status/1372584500274855936

The good news is...Redneck Rampage video is coming! :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/Civvie11/status/1372611160470659074

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Dias posted:

Separate websites with their own rules can still be fooled. I'unno, there's some poo poo that is pretty dangerous to keep online, queer teenage expression be damned. The whole anti- thing has some interesting figures in it.

Not saying it's a panacea, just that the fact that everyone has to be in the same space makes some things completely unfixable.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Damnit sexpig, stop getting into chat here at the same time you're busy getting another sixer in D&D

The stuff about Zack Snyder's daughter is just...wow. Like, just when you think there isn't any lower for these arseholes to stoop.

I don't have much else to inject into any other topic really. I've been too busy belatedly playing Hollow Knight.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Mandalore on Tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HU1rMDGyB8

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Noted hatemonger and grifter and "comic book professional" Ethan Van Sciver had a video taken down of the post-Zack throws them under a bus episode where he says "they can't stop me from killing Chinese people" although of course his channel is still active because horrible violent racism is a three strike rule I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Augus posted:

um...sorry?

My point is liking or not liking a movie isn’t a big deal.

You don’t see people talking about how much they love Babe pig in the city no matter what others may say

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

e: I was going to put in an explanation but honestly now I just....don't

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

flatluigi posted:

also to be clear Bryan Fuller is a gay dude referencing a pair of star trek characters from deep space 9 who were entirely intended to have a relationship on screen before it got shut down by the notoriously homophobic showrunner and now fuller is making star trek as queer as it should have been this entire time.

I dunno how you could consider purple beardo Ira Steven Behr the homophobic showrunner but I know you're talking about Berman.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

You don’t see people talking about how much they love Babe pig in the city no matter what others may say

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

CharlestheHammer posted:

speak for yourself

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1372942716317880321

It is to :lol:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:sickos:

One of the best CRPGs ever made.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can name a few times when I've watched a movie from a director I normally don't like and been shocked how good it was. Figuring out what worked that time as opposed to the others can be illuminating.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

:sickos:

One of the best CRPGs ever made.

Quoting the Tyranny wiki:

"Glaring silently is one of the most fundamental gameplay elements in Tyranny. As the Fatebinder, you can respond to the chaos with a withering stare, capable of wearing down the fiercest of opponents."

More games need non-dialogue as a dialogue option.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

"throw off tower" is also a dialogue option. Tyranny owns.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I was really disappointed with Tyranny, myself. When it let's you choose to be an evil villain the game feels amazing, but there are so many points where it just doesn't offer you that control.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Terrible Opinions posted:

"throw off tower" is also a dialogue option. Tyranny owns.

The spirit of Yes Man lives on.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I was really disappointed with Tyranny, myself. When it let's you choose to be an evil villain the game feels amazing, but there are so many points where it just doesn't offer you that control.

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. It seemed that at some points the developers were afraid to follow on the premise of the game, which was weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQITlwu0QeI
New Thought Slime video doing a takedown on the idea of "Super Straights"

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

isnt 'super straights' just some bullshit people on 4chan made up for the express purpose of getting people mad

giving it attention seems counterproductive

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

dmboogie posted:

isnt 'super straights' just some bullshit people on 4chan made up for the express purpose of getting people mad

the video's specifically about how 4chan nazis wanted to spread it (they didn't make it up, that was some kid on tiktok) and the people who are spreading it for them (spoilers, it's all the lovely right wing personalities you expect it is)

anyway I think folk in here were talking about Falun Gong a few days ago and the eyeball zone pick this week is all about Falun Gong and it's pretty good despite possibly containing zero facts!virtually everyone is always lying about the Falun Gong! even the Falun Gong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncr62WQnIHA

(it might have been the food youtube thread that was talking about falun gong idk but it wouldn't make a tonne of sense to post this in there anyway so you understand. rock and a hard place and all that)

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. It seemed that at some points the developers were afraid to follow on the premise of the game, which was weird.

The start leans a lot more into the idea that weakness leads to death and chaos, but as it goes it it's clear the writers fall into the usual RPG writing trap that rewards you for being "kind" and "reasonable", in open defiance of the nature of the world they've built.

It's hard to break decades of RPG tradition, but I still have to give them praise for at least trying and at least managing it in the begining.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

dmboogie posted:

TS seems to go after really low-hanging fruit pretty often. I don't think I'm online enough for this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All I know about Falun Gong is that Shen Yun has a Karl Marx tornado and they once tried to make me sign a petition.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Bug Squash posted:

The start leans a lot more into the idea that weakness leads to death and chaos, but as it goes it it's clear the writers fall into the usual RPG writing trap that rewards you for being "kind" and "reasonable", in open defiance of the nature of the world they've built.

It's hard to break decades of RPG tradition, but I still have to give them praise for at least trying and at least managing it in the begining.

Oh definitely respect for them at least trying. I had a lot of fun being an evil rule lawyer that occasionally sent people to get horribly impaled by an insane ghost-totem-man.

It's a shame we'll probably never get a sequel, cause I don't think the game sold too well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

All I know about Falun Gong is that Shen Yun has a Karl Marx tornado and they once tried to make me sign a petition.

They also own Epoch Times which shills insanely hard for Trump and the alt right.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

egg tats posted:

anyway I think folk in here were talking about Falun Gong a few days ago and the eyeball zone pick this week is all about Falun Gong and it's pretty good despite possibly containing zero facts!virtually everyone is always lying about the Falun Gong! even the Falun Gong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncr62WQnIHA

(it might have been the food youtube thread that was talking about falun gong idk but it wouldn't make a tonne of sense to post this in there anyway so you understand. rock and a hard place and all that)

I watched this video because of the whole Eyeball Zone thing and while I think it has some interesting stuff going on with it the guy kind of undercuts his own video with the bad comedy bits. Like I don't think the segments with his Chinese friend work all that much.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

La'Ron Readus is one of my favorite smaller YouTubers has an interesting look at the more of Raya: The Last Dragon and that it's maybe not so good: https://youtu.be/YidRwB2L0kg

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I just had to post this because lol, I forgot one of the "Darkseid having a casual living room sit" panels had him also reading Mein Kampf

(It's an intentional misspelling on the 'Kamph' but still)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

La'Ron Readus is one of my favorite smaller YouTubers has an interesting look at the more of Raya: The Last Dragon and that it's maybe not so good: https://youtu.be/YidRwB2L0kg

The episodes of Avatar after Zuko stands up to his father and Becomes A Good Guy are so incredibly important to the story. Even though the audience already knows Zuko has really changed, it takes time and effort on his part to prove this to the people he has wronged in the past. Aang and Katara aren't made out to be in the wrong for distrusting him, he betrayed their trust once already and caused them very real and lasting harm. Zuko tries and fails several times but only blames himself, because he realizes this is the consequence of his own actions and he's the one who has the responsibility to make things right, not the people he's hurt. The show makes a point to show that forgiveness needs to be earned and healing is a process.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man, OG Avatar is still so good, I've been going through a rewatch lately, just ended season 1 with the fire nation at the big ole water tribe city.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
alpharad plays through Jump Force, so you don't have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYZBCiDIxU&hd=1

strong Poochy energy whenever a villain leaves a scene through a portal.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

alpharad plays through Jump Force, so you don't have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYZBCiDIxU&hd=1

strong Poochy energy whenever a villain leaves a scene through a portal.

Since I'm a stupid shonen battle nerd I was kind of excited for it until I saw it had like no women fighters in the beginning. That put me off long enough to hear enough people say it wasn't great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"wasn't great" is pretty charitable of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Everyone having that really gross looking clay "Character at realistic 1000000000p resolution" skin weirded me out so much with Jump Force.