Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hang on he's just Todo now? What happened to his U's?

Also Megumi's dog barking along the nice pitches is funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

please do not bully miwa she is trying her best

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also Megumi's dog barking along the nice pitches is funny as hell.

They vanished into the whirlpool of romaji.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The manga's official translation always used Todo so it was weird that the anime used Toudou. I'm glad that that was changed.

Also "wants to punch a zebra someday" broke me and I have no idea why. The rest were also hilarious but that one was extreme.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's the only one allowed to be those colors, I guess

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
"Won the middle school nationals with Itadori. Itadori denies this." killer

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Todou has powerful nen user energy. He fights by thinking really quickly about the specifics of his opponent's power, obviously. But the way his ability is so basic is used as a strength by saying how it works, that being a lie and bluffing over how he COULD use and and when he does what exactly he'll do is so fun for me to watch. He's the best.

I already liked Toudou when he was introduced and then by the end of his fight I was like this is the greatest anime character in the last 5 years

I hope they don't immediately forget about him after this arc

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I already liked Toudou when he was introduced and then by the end of his fight I was like this is the greatest anime character in the last 5 years

I hope they don't immediately forget about him after this arc

Mild spoilers Don't worry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else's subtitles get a little wonky when they were putting all that info on screen?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else's subtitles get a little wonky when they were putting all that info on screen?

it was mostly fine but I don't know what the assistant girl's name is because it was covered by a white box

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This week's Juju Stroll got a real good laugh out me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it was mostly fine but I don't know what the assistant girl's name is because it was covered by a white box

Niita.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked that they cast Nico's VA and she's using her boy-ish voice.

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
I'm really digging this show's soundtrack.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sana-kan posted:

I'm really digging this show's soundtrack.
April 21 (the release date for the soundtrack) cannot come fast enough, afaic.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Didn't know there was a date! Why is it so far away?!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I saw a random Twitter post claiming that Principal Yaga is based on pro wrestler Masahiro Chono, and learning that he's voiced by Kiryu Kazuma's VA is just icing on the cake.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. I mean, Nanamin is straight up Yoshikage Kira except... y'know, more pissed off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. I mean, Nanamin is straight up Yoshikage Kira except... y'know, more pissed off.

And not a serial killer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

And not a serial killer.

Correction: a socially-acceptable serial killer.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

This weeks post-cred scene is very important and plot-critical, one that shouldn't be missed

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

UnderFreddy posted:

This weeks post-cred scene is very important and plot-critical, one that shouldn't be missed

I was NOT prepared for sparkly yaoi Gojo

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Jujutsu Kaisen: Where everybody gets a reality marble!

The action in this episode was so loving slick.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should note this is a super impressive feat for Megumi, the number of Sorcerers that can do a domain expansion is in the single digits even for an incomplete one like his. Nanami an Impressive sorcerer himself states it’s the pinnacle of Jujutsu Sorcery that he could never obtain.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should note this is a super impressive feat for Megumi, the number of Sorcerers that can do a domain expansion is in the single digits even for an incomplete one like his. Nanami an Impressive sorcerer himself states it’s the pinnacle of Jujutsu Sorcery that he could never obtain.
Also it's another pretty good demonstration that being a jujutsu sorcerer requires being cracked in the head to a degree- Megumi doesn't look like your typical shonen hero getting his powerup there.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 20, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I was wondering why Sukuna was so interested in Fushiguro way back when, but finding out he has 1) Some kind of ultimate suicide attack 2) Was bred as a bargaining piece for Jujutsu clan shenanigans 3) Was able to do that super hard thing that hardly anyone can do on his first try has gradually colored in his potential.

Granted that doesn't explain the nature of Sukuna's interest, unless he's just Cursed Goku, looking for a real strong guy to throw hands with

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Had to rewatch the fight scene a couple of times, it's so good. I got a new favorite battle song too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Had to rewatch the fight scene a couple of times, it's so good. I got a new favorite battle song too.
I don't think anything beats the "flighty but then eerie and heavily threatening" vibe this OST they used vs Hanami does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RkPNJkwYGM

Also really love the one on Nanami's first shown outing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35mzLOGiEw

Actually I just like our ex-Salaryman returnee, Kento Nanami, in general. Kenjiro Tsuda voicing him is the sort of thing that puts a skip in your (pissed-off) step.

e: Me don't speak americano. :sigh:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 20, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, Megumi's Domain Expansion felt like the sort of thing that in some other shonen shows might result in a couple of minutes of talking to the audience about what it does and what it means he can do now. Here, they just conveyed everything through pure bravura animation, and it was completely understandable.

Seriously, just imagine that fight scene in Bleach.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It also helps that we had an episode a while back where Gojou literally grabbed Yuji and said "hey, check this out!" and explained what a Domain was and why it is a huge deal. And twice in two succeeding story arcs we had the big "oh poo poo" moment being the major antagonist busting out a Domain Expansion.

And the show continued with that pattern, someone yelling "Domain Expansion" was a huge loving deal in this episode, to the point I actually did audibly go "holy poo poo!" even if the reason was completely different in this case.

The show is really good by the way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Megumi's fight this episode was also basically the manga chapter to a T, but sickly animated. This studio is killing it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Omnicrom posted:

It also helps that we had an episode a while back where Gojou literally grabbed Yuji and said "hey, check this out!" and explained what a Domain was and why it is a huge deal. And twice in two succeeding story arcs we had the big "oh poo poo" moment being the major antagonist busting out a Domain Expansion.

Well Hanami was about to do that, but stopped cause Gojou showed up and Hanami knows better then to fight him.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Hanami was about to do that, but stopped cause Gojou showed up and Hanami knows better then to fight him.

Yes, that is literally what I was saying…

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Can someone explain what's going on re: the curses looking alike? I'm pretty sure they tried to explain it in the episode but I can't follow sentences with that many unspecified articles.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

Can someone explain what's going on re: the curses looking alike? I'm pretty sure they tried to explain it in the episode but I can't follow sentences with that many unspecified articles.

They're basically both custom made from one of Sukuna's fingers, basically, instead of being "natural" curses. At least, if I caught it right.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

They're basically both custom made from one of Sukuna's fingers, basically, instead of being "natural" curses. At least, if I caught it right.

I was thinking that was an option, but why did Sukuna destroy the first one? Didn't like a lesser version of himself running around?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From what I gather, Sukuna is big on the whole "gently caress YOU I DO WHAT I WANT, MOTHERFUCKER". That's his vibe.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Maera Sior posted:

I was thinking that was an option, but why did Sukuna destroy the first one? Didn't like a lesser version of himself running around?

Cuz he wants to get all his fingers back so he can rule the world and that curse ate his finger

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is it a lesser version of himself? I thought curses were using Sukuna's finger to power themselves up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, its them taking similar forms because his Fingers are what is evolving them.

Sukuna took the first one out because lol you tried to touch me, but he also wants all his fingers found (eventually). He intends to take over once there is enough of him in there.