Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

should've had a second sheep

what'd you name your animals?

I did but he was sheared too :negative:

Farmer - Veeg
Dog - Relax
Chickens - Amp, Axel, Cheetah, Karmic, Charlie
Sheep - Cav, Flower, J-Ru
Cow - Itoh
Pig - Cath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wait Nocturne is coming to steam? gently caress yeah. this will also hopefully fix the loading time issues

Also kill la kill is the absolute worst anime that's ever garnered a huge fanbase. Every other show, even the total pulp poo poo like Naruto or BNHA, I can at least see what people see in it, but KLK I just have absolutely no idea what people see in it. My friend and I got to the episode where the guy who uses nailguns or whatever shows up and we were both like this is awful and turned it off

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
woo, 8bitdo announced an upgrade to their pro controller. has 2 back buttons. glad i never got round to buying one.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It's a sewing needle gun because CLOTHES. I hate that I know that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is it any good? Looks like a mashup between a SNES controller (uncomfortable) and an old PSX controller (painful)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

Is it any good?

supposedly

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/MW5Mercs/status/1373022568450465796

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rinkles posted:

woo, 8bitdo announced an upgrade to their pro controller. has 2 back buttons. glad i never got round to buying one.

Ah poo poo that looks really nice

Khanstant posted:

Is it any good? Looks like a mashup between a SNES controller (uncomfortable) and an old PSX controller (painful)

I have the older (current?) model and it's a great emulation controller. I find it really comfortable personally, though I also don't mind the Playstation controller layout

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kill la kill is exactly what it needed to be, which was a portfolio project for trigger when they were starting out. it's not a good show but it is an extremely good series of animation sequences to turn into gifs, sandwiched by good ops and eds

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
collecting funding for a controller rental service we mail you 100 controllers a week, try them out for as many hours you want but if you get them a little greasy you gotta buy em. also collecting controllers

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

kill la kill is exactly what it needed to be, which was a portfolio project for trigger when they were starting out. it's not a good show but it is an extremely good series of animation sequences to turn into gifs, sandwiched by good ops and eds

Wasn't one of the major criticisms of the show the bad animation? I swear I remember seeing people complain about the low quality animation while it was airing, unless that was all typical animation error stuff that got fixed up for bluray.

e: I mean that I remember seeing people complain about the animation but I'm not sure if the animation complaints were bad even by animation standards or if they were the typical animation problems you get from any show during its run before it gets fixed for the bluray release.

e2:

Glad they made sure to include Mara

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 19, 2021

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Do you fine folks have recommendations for good video game adaptations of good board games? My girlfriend and I are hooked on Wingspan and I'd like to take the opportunity to show her more stuff in that category. I'm not looking at actual board games because they're too much hassle and can be kind of intimidating. Preferably games that are good for 2 players, bonus if it's cooperative. Any platform will do.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

acksplode posted:

Do you fine folks have recommendations for good video game adaptations of good board games? My girlfriend and I are hooked on Wingspan and I'd like to take the opportunity to show her more stuff in that category. I'm not looking at actual board games because they're too much hassle and can be kind of intimidating. Preferably games that are good for 2 players, bonus if it's cooperative. Any platform will do.

my friends say the Gloomhaven adaptation is pretty good, its on steam

also tabletop simulator

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The first game I remember being excited for was Quest for Glory 5 thanks to the preview included with QfG 4. Then the game went into development hell and I forgot about it by the time it released.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My favorite part of Kill La Kill is that the villain has roughly the same plan and motivation as Lavos from Chrono Trigger

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

I did but he was sheared too :negative:

Farmer - Veeg
Dog - Relax
Chickens - Amp, Axel, Cheetah, Karmic, Charlie
Sheep - Cav, Flower, J-Ru
Cow - Itoh
Pig - Cath

i was wondering if the names were something like that :3: I'm glad you had a good time with the game! it's an underrated harvest moon, even if all the character models look like waddling babies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

acksplode posted:

Neuroshima Hex is good on mobile devices because it does a lot of the math for you to keep the game pace swift, I'm not sure if it is still being updated with new factions or not though or how the multiplayer is handled.

One-Deck Dungeon is a game best experienced co-op and it's a pretty fun dungeon crawling dice rolling game.

Mario Party 2 is the best Mario Party game because of the costumes.

Unlimited SaGa is a board game rpg for the ps2 that makes you wonder wtf is going on with the design and it isn't exactly a good game but it is an interesting experience.

100% Orange Juice for PC is not a good board game but it is incredibly cheap and it can and will give you a lot of laughs if you and some friends can get together and play it for a few rounds.

Most Jackbox party stuff is good but they require a few more than 2 players and they aren't co-op games.

Sonic Shuffle is a bad board game, stay away from it, but do go look up some vids of it and skim through because it had some neat ideas that were hindered by cheating AI and poor gameplay design.

The only game I listed that is co-op is One-Deck Dungeon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

Unlimited SaGa is a board game rpg for the ps2 that makes you wonder wtf is going on with the design and it isn't exactly a good game but it is an interesting experience.

This is cruel.

Don't buy Unlimited SaGa.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

And which gif?

Could only find lovely quality, but this is the gif:

The anime is "Best Student Council", and is exactly as bad as the name suggests. It turns out that gif is from the last episode. I did not make it nearly that far.

It was a very very long time ago so I don't remember anything about it other than it being very bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I jumped the gun and played the first level of Lego Indy. I did not realise these films took place in the 30s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

I jumped the gun and played the first level of Lego Indy. I did not realise these films took place in the 30s

He punches a lot of Nazis...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Could only find lovely quality, but this is the gif:

The anime is "Best Student Council", and is exactly as bad as the name suggests. It turns out that gif is from the last episode. I did not make it nearly that far.

It was a very very long time ago so I don't remember anything about it other than it being very bad.
if youre going to watch a student council anime, at least watch seitokai yakuindomo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

if youre going to watch a student council anime, at least watch seitokai yakuindomo

Tell that to me over a decade ago when this all happened

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

alright will do

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VzV2aNIaU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He punches a lot of Nazis...

I thought they were post-WW2 Nazis!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

I thought they were post-WW2 Nazis!

in the post-WW2 movie he punches KGB

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

This is cruel.

Don't buy Unlimited SaGa.

Sure but there are other legal ways to experience the weirdness going on with that game.

Like someone's playthrough. Or speedrun maybe.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
in custom robo, once you've been given the big revelatory plot dump about how the world is actually not flat and you live in a dome, you're given your final mission, to raid z syndicate headquarters. but you're also told it's okay to say no and stay home if the stakes are too high and you're scared. while it seems like a "but thou must" kind of situation, you can say no through 20 unique lines of dialogue as your best buddy tries everything he can think of to get you to go with everyone else until you finally get a unique game over where you're told everyone died offscreen and your buddy yells at you for being a dummy

game rules

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

in custom robo, once you've been given the big revelatory plot dump about how the world is actually not flat and you live in a dome, you're given your final mission, to raid z syndicate headquarters. but you're also told it's okay to say no and stay home if the stakes are too high and you're scared. while it seems like a "but thou must" kind of situation, you can say no through 20 unique lines of dialogue as your best buddy tries everything he can think of to get you to go with everyone else until you finally get a unique game over where you're told everyone died offscreen and your buddy yells at you for being a dummy

game rules

One of my favorite things that I didn't notice for awhile about that game is it doesn't reuse many (or any?) NPC models, so even the unnamed NPCs like "Man" are characters with ongoing stories.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you friends who joined me in a magical adventure through to the old dragonslayer and then onwards to meet a weird chariot boss (that I need to return to) then getting lost in the gutter then Iron Keep (which was a little exhausting) and defeating all bosses within and then back to the gutter and black gulch which appears to have enemies in that I might struggle to overcome my fear of.

:3: the journey so far from complete but is not letting up. This is the fun of dark souls.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sat down to watch VG plays Dark Souls 2 tonight and was passed out on the couch by half 8.

Now its midnight and I'm extremely disoriented and confused but still sleepy

Have a good weekend all and get plenty rest!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sat down to watch VG plays Dark Souls 2 tonight and was passed out on the couch by half 8.

Now its midnight and I'm extremely disoriented and confused but still sleepy

Have a good weekend all and get plenty rest!

VG’s got the kind of voice you can fall asleep to. Many are saying this

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got my Biden Bucks and decided to treat myself to another copy of Breath of the Wild. I've owned the Wii U version since release but I long ago gave that system to my son and haven't played in years. It was an absolute blast roaming around the Great Plateau again. I'm not sure if I'll bother to finish it this time but it's my favorite survival sim.

Is BotW a Souls like?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Spent so long in Iron Keep that I completely forgot you fought Ornstein and met the horse. It was a good stream and we all got to see the greatness of Lucatiel again.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

my friends say the Gloomhaven adaptation is pretty good, its on steam

also tabletop simulator

FirstAidKite posted:

Neuroshima Hex is good on mobile devices because it does a lot of the math for you to keep the game pace swift, I'm not sure if it is still being updated with new factions or not though or how the multiplayer is handled.

One-Deck Dungeon is a game best experienced co-op and it's a pretty fun dungeon crawling dice rolling game.

Mario Party 2 is the best Mario Party game because of the costumes.

100% Orange Juice for PC is not a good board game but it is incredibly cheap and it can and will give you a lot of laughs if you and some friends can get together and play it for a few rounds.

Most Jackbox party stuff is good but they require a few more than 2 players and they aren't co-op games.

Sonic Shuffle is a bad board game, stay away from it, but do go look up some vids of it and skim through because it had some neat ideas that were hindered by cheating AI and poor gameplay design.

The only game I listed that is co-op is One-Deck Dungeon.

Thanks! I'm gonna give Gloomhaven and One-Deck Dungeon a close look, those both sound like great options. To answer my own question a bit, Sirlin Games' Yomi and Puzzle Strike are video game inspired board/card games whose physical versions I've enjoyed in the past, and they have adaptations of each on Steam, so I'm gonna snap those up too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is gloomhaven done? I thought it was just a demo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

Is BotW a Souls like?

Dark Souls is a Zelda like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005