Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oh yeah I mentioned it in the covid thread but not here - if there's a large vaccination centre (the type that are in halls, not the type in chemists or hospitals) near you and you fancy jumping the queue, hang around near the front door around six o'clock. At the moment spare doses (not normally a huge amount, maybe a dozen or so) are going to volunteers and non-NHS venue staff but quite a few centres have already hit saturation point for them and are now basically grabbing people off the street.

It's never going to be official policy (because the last thing they need is big crowds at the end of the day, most of whom will be turned away of course) but like I say there's a better-than-zero chance that if you've got the time to spare you could get your nanochips installed early.

Update on side effects - hangover mostly gone now and temperature back to high side of normal, replaced with a bunch of random stuff that might not even be actual effects but are just psychosomatic because I'm looking out for them - slight ringing and pressure in the ears, gritty eyes like I've got hayfever (probably actually because I've been stuck indoors watching telly all day) and a pain in my shoulder and neck on the side that got the jab. Infection site is swollen but not red and not actually that painful. All in all I've had far worse.

My wife got called up by St Thomas’ hospital since they had her details on file from when she gave birth, she’s mid 30s so isn’t in a priority group. They said they’ve sped through their vaccine list hence them calling up extra people. While she was there the staff were literally asking random people who came in if they wanted a vaccine. Wish I’d gone with her but I had work. We told our friends and a number managed to get vaccinated. Others tried to go today but got turned away, but probably turned up too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"wokescold" lmao

I feel like every vitamin P post is a fascinating entry from Reddit Dictionary

90% of people itt know what 'wokescold' means, even if they would never deign to use the word themselves they lowkey can parse it.

loving fascinating that your first and only response to somone explicitly saying they were wrong about something, but in a tone you didn't like, was to weakly try and put the boot in while making zero actual point.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Vitamin P posted:

90% of people itt know what 'wokescold' means, even if they would never deign to use the word themselves they lowkey can parse it.

loving fascinating that your first and only response to somone explicitly saying they were wrong about something, but in a tone you didn't like, was to weakly try and put the boot in while making zero actual point.

truly you are the true posting victim here, for the thread not immediately sucking you off for a semi-walk-back admitting you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place while still asserting you were sort of right based on your "reading" and getting a dig in at the person you were yelling at

also yes we do all know what the word means, we know what a lot of lovely words mean that we would still judge a person's character for using

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vitamin P posted:

If you're going to apologise, don't try coupling it with a criticism or an insult.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

mrpwase posted:

Seriously I see people eating curry and rice for lunch at work and I'm sitting there all sad with my riceless curry and an NHS health page telling me not to reheat rice

It's more risky than other foods, and it's the sort of thing where if you've got underlying health problems or are very young/old, it's possibly not worth the risk. I speak as someone who has had rice posioning and I was streaming from both ends for about 6 hours and at least another two lying in an exhausted, dessicated heap on a nest of towels on the bathroom floor.

However, that was entirely my fault for not cooling the rice quickly enough. Those packets of microwave rice that can be eaten hot or cold are already cooked, and egg fried rice is made by boiling rice, rapidly cooling it, and then frying it with the egg (and spring onion/peas if you're fancy). If you cook extra for lunch the next day, run it under a cold tap and put it in the fridge.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jedit posted:

If you're going to apologise, don't try coupling it with a criticism or an insult.

I literally didn't apologise.

Why do you idiots insist on pretending that 'learning more and voluntarily acknowledging you were wrong about something' is actually some degrading cuck move?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vitamin P posted:

I'm extremely online and I have no loving idea what wokescold means

Also gently caress off

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m going to have wokescold feminazi tattooed on my arm next to the Lady Hale spider (it’s legs are on my elbow and that really chuffing hurt)

If you get called a wokescold then you are winning in life imo

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Saying wokescold is like the opposite of virtue signalling. Vice signalling? "Hello world, I'm a shithead"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Vitamin P posted:

That didn't bother me but that's because I didn't follow the discussion about GICs in the first place. If you must hear my opinion on the matter, then the fact that you admitted fault is good and more people should have the balls to do it.

But I just like to have a little "lol :allears:" at whatever Internet neologism might appear each time you post

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

If we're all such idiots, consider just not coming back.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Miftan posted:

If we're all such idiots, consider just not coming back.

I'm in no position to talk as I've been chased off a couple of times already, but can we stop chasing people off for nothing? Like how much more splintered can we get, realistically?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

Why do you idiots insist on pretending that 'learning more and voluntarily acknowledging you were wrong about something' is actually some degrading cuck move?

i handed you a half eaten funsize dairy milk while also pissing on your shoes. and you were rude to me. why are you idiots so against the act of giving people large chocolate bars

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Often Abbreviated posted:

I'm in no position to talk as I've been chased off a couple of times already, but can we stop chasing people off for nothing? Like how much more splintered can we get, realistically?

Mostly when they're transphobic pieces of poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vitamin P posted:

Nobody does. It's literally you acting like combining your "learning more and voluntarily acknowledging you were wrong about something" with not doubling down on "you suck anyway even though you were right" is "some degrading cuck move".

You are loving weird and your desperate need to roll around in alt-right language is beyond tedious.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving hell do we just not have mods ITT any more

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
RESPECT THE FLAG

https://twitter.com/WalesOnline/status/1372972464058343434?s=19

NO NOT LIKE THAT

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

EvilHawk posted:

Mostly when they're transphobic pieces of poo poo

"yet more splintered" is the answer, as always.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

People aren't chasing Vitamin P off for that post alone, they've been a raging weapon for a long time now and basically everyone wants them to gently caress off and stay hosed off.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

"yet more splintered" is the answer, as always.

having standards isn't the same thing as factionalism

some people indulge in both, but if someone is chased off because they cannot meet basic standards of decency, then they aren't "in" anything that can splinter

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Vitamin P posted:

Vitamin P posted:

These posts are in fact not very good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i am wokescold but after being put in the microwave i become wokeshot

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
From an outside perspective - VP has been getting prodded at a lot for saying some left things but not from the exact same perspective as everyone else, and if you keep prodding at someone they write snippily. It wasn't that they came in and started roaring transphobic poo poo or "Just asking questions". It's useful to have even moderately different perspectives and it's a bit weird to see people going culty on here during the year of our lord QAnon.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Nutapii posted:

From an outside perspective - VP has been getting prodded at a lot for saying some left things but not from the exact same perspective as everyone else, and if you keep prodding at someone they write snippily. It wasn't that they came in and started roaring transphobic poo poo or "Just asking questions". It's useful to have even moderately different perspectives and it's a bit weird to see people going culty on here during the year of our lord QAnon.

completely ignoring multiple trans people saying he was mistaken for two weeks before looking up things a realizing he was completely misinformed is not a 'different perspective', neither is flipping his poo poo because I quoted his post before he fixed a typo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Erm you do all know he announces his intentions to come into here to wind you all up right? (Grassy grassy grass grass)

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Nutapii posted:

No, VP has been catching flak for ignoring everything anybody posted about the GIC and instead using it as a platform to personally attack Rumda over and over. And now comes in here saying even though that basis was completely flawed, he's still refusing to apologise for targeted harassment of somebody who has been affected personally by the very issue he was completely incorrect about, and in fact continuing with the insults. Harassment and personal abuse are not "left things but not from the exact same perspective as everyone else". And yeah, the fact that VP does so while constantly referencing the language of the alt-right does not particularly encourage me to think they are just a misunderstood lefty. If you want to worry about QAnon cultists, maybe start with the person who just can't stop posting "cuck" every five minutes?

Scikar fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 20, 2021

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

In other news, I just found out that the couple living two doors down from my parents apparently died some time ago and nobody noticed until their immediate neighbours saw swarms of flies and called the police.

Mum is low-key freaking out as she lives with my stepdad, who has Alzheimer’s, and can’t be relied upon to notify anyone if she were to pass away.

Another reason to like multi-generational households, if a rather grim one.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Hello I’m poor, on benefits and need the extra loan and bursary money so she can go to university and also eat food.

hi! i hear you. theres still plenty of time so definitely worth looking online for bursaries at better unis, including overseas ones. there are also no end of legacies that people leave for poor gifted folk to go to uni.

what's the latest with tightgate? is she going back to school on monday?

e. beeffeeter whats making you anxious about five weeks' time?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Beefeater1980 posted:

In other news, I just found out that the couple living two doors down from my parents apparently died some time ago and nobody noticed until their immediate neighbours saw swarms of flies and called the police.

Mum is low-key freaking out as she lives with my stepdad, who has Alzheimer’s, and can’t be relied upon to notify anyone if she were to pass away.

Another reason to like multi-generational households, if a rather grim one.

That's sad, I hope neither suffered after the other died, unable to get help :( This also happened locally to me, except people had noticed the old lady wasn't out and about, but assumed she was self-isolating or shielding. It happens more often than people are comfortable with even in pre-pandemic times.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Venomous posted:

so I've come to the conclusion in the past week that I probably have ADHD and it explains a lot of the poo poo that I've been experiencing throughout my adult life so far, and I think someone upthread posted a list of ADHD symptoms, so thanks for that b/c it's really fuckin useful at clarifying these things

that said, I really really really loving wish I'd known ten years ago b/c I've been going through most of my 20s with no clue as to why my brain is so loving shite

id see a doctor rather than going off a list of symptoms you read online. remember that chris rock bit about late night tv ads for pills

fake edit: this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwar_oRIAcone

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Venomous posted:

so I've come to the conclusion in the past week that I probably have ADHD and it explains a lot of the poo poo that I've been experiencing throughout my adult life so far, and I think someone upthread posted a list of ADHD symptoms, so thanks for that b/c it's really fuckin useful at clarifying these things

that said, I really really really loving wish I'd known ten years ago b/c I've been going through most of my 20s with no clue as to why my brain is so loving shite

Hey I got diagnosed just before Christmas at the age of 42. Give me a PM if you wanna talk about it or anything.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Erm you do all know he announces his intentions to come into here to wind you all up right? (Grassy grassy grass grass)

shocked and surprised this man is not coming in here with honest good intentions to have good-faith debate on the current issues of the day

Mebh
May 10, 2010

https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For how dangerously close he gets to corpsing in this, and that they still used it, I'm dying to see the what I can only assume is hundreds of outtakes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

For how dangerously close he gets to corpsing in this, and that they still used it, I'm dying to see the what I can only assume is hundreds of outtakes.

I can't imagine the read without it honestly.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Breath Ray posted:

e. beeffeeter whats making you anxious about five weeks' time?

Never mind, coming to terms with some stuff and I wasn’t in the best (soberest) frame of mind when I wrote that. Thank you for asking.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Beefeater1980 posted:

Never mind, coming to terms with some stuff and I wasn’t in the best (soberest) frame of mind when I wrote that. Thank you for asking.

Sorry for your troubles. Love your posts in the career thread.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It really isn't for nothing. VitP tries to engage with new posters so they quote him and he can feel involved, but everyone who's been here long enough has him on ignore because they've seen him go off the rails with astonishing regularity, usually after letting slip that he has some deeply ugly underlying traits when it comes to the progressive politics of the modern left.

Like you can talk about splintering, but I really, really don't see that it's possible to maintain any kind of solidarity with the kind of nasty fucker who uses woke as an insult.

At this point, not threadbanning him is pretty much leaving a missing stair for new posters, because he will attack people when he has one of his regular strops.

Most of the thread has him on ignore so they might not have seen his latest one:

Vitamin P posted:

Also while Rumda absolutely is a disingenuous wokescold bully,

As wierd as it is the people of the UK are legit good on trans rights,
The first statement should be outright probatable as continued harassment of a trans poster, and is exactly the kind of poo poo the thread has criticised when it comes from that twat Linehan or any number of Guardian journos. "Oh no I'm being opressed by one person pointing out precisely how I'm being a poo poo!"

Even if he didn't change Rumda & Angepain's AVs, he happily led the attack on them that encouraged the loving coward that actually did it.

The second statement I include purely because of how incredibly tone deaf and ignorant it is.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

and there's more good news! we're the happiest country of decent size in the world! up yours, delors! eat poo poo, fritz!

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/happiest-countries-in-the-world

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The second statement I include purely because of how incredibly tone deaf and ignorant it is.

yeah this poo poo reads like straight-up "lol i'll pretend i'm a dum-dum to see how much i can get away with"-style trolling at this point. obvs i'm a stupid newbie and all, but this poo poo plus all the previous targeted harassment and bad-faith bullshit should be grounds for some action at least, surely?