Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Thoatse posted:

His official title for like half a decade at cig was 'Cryengine Evengelest' if that says anything about him

His brother Dan Tracy used to also work there. Both were also involved in a well known Battletech mod for Crysis Wars called Mechwarrior Living Legends and is how they were known and got scooped up by Roberts

Yeah he's been one of the nodding donkeys for at least as long as I've been familiar with the project, say 2015-2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Cig: what you pay us for our hundreds of employees, then we also pay another studio to do the game. We don't actually know how to make one of those correctly. But thanks for the 9 years of money.

They should just, I don't know, directly pay competent studios instead of let cig grift off the top so it can convert money into 3D models and lifestyles of the rich and famous for a select number of family members.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 19, 2021

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://twitter.com/tyomateee2/status/1372186119387762694

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

And then suddenly, in a fit of wild passion, Kat throws Vasant against the bulkhead of the slowly trudging Constellation. His masterfully suave form hit a button as he scrambled to remove his pants while Kat traced her finger along his lower lip.

"I think we need to find out just how deep we can push your sexual organs that you may have," the lusty Kat, shadowed in the darkness of the obnoxiously large bridge bulkhead uttered breathlessly.

"I want to agree with you, but first I must consult my -" he began but was cut off as she shoved her panties in his mouth, saving the readers from any further harassment. Her flavor spread across his mouth as it watered over the intruder, a small spec of drool clinging to the corner of his mouth.

Kat, clutching her RSI shirt between her hands flares at him through the perfect polygons of her strangely non-feminine hair, one eye sort of twitching a bit as she leaned in close to him after wrapping that shirt behind his neck. Her smaller than average breasts landing on his alien chest, and she murmured into his ear, "Let's just gently caress."

As she touched his organs of unknown nomenclature, both of them were suddenly left behind as their ship no clipped them outside into space. They both floated together for a while until they each had to suicide to reset.

Kat's server disconnected, and she could never connect with Vasant again for at least 500 years. This sexual frustration caused Vasant to grow angry with life. And soon, he figured out how to replace his bones with liquid metal as torture, and began a new civilization on the edge of humanity...
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
50 Shades of Grey Bulkheads

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ErrEff posted:

This guy was once a big cheerleader for CIG, right? Wouldn't know it from seeing that performance.

he is in a weird spot, where he is definetly a fan but also somehow he hates it. sometimes his wife would come into the room during a stream and verbally poo poo all over star citizen, and he never disagrees really.

bootcha was in the chat of his stream once and he was like “who is bootcha? oh the guy who made sunk cost galaxy. awesome!“
in starcitizenland you shall be nailed to the cross for such heresy.

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 19, 2021

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

It's good, but honestly a bit too exotic for Star Citizen fan fiction, mostly because the Titanic, unconsciously I guess, can't help but let her sensible woman's perspective seep into the narrative.

I think a Citizen would be much more straightforward about things.

quote:

The two wine glasses stood drained at the head of the bed in the 890 Jump. Drained like Wolf Hartman, slayer of worlds, who lay sated atop the satin sheets as Purina Catflap and her twin sister Hillsscience twined themselves around his tightly musculatured form. "Oh Wolf" purred Purina, "I've known many pirates and business magnates such as yourself in a biblical sense, but none have roused me to such heights of passion as what you have". "Ditto" whispered Hillscience as she too confirmed what womankind had known since 2935 AD... when it came to throwing a cape across a puddle or doffing a fedora, Wolf Hartman, mega billionaire that he was, truly was a prince among men.

"You there, Aurora scrub" he commanded, spying a minion lurking in the shadows (lust perhaps on his mind) who had paid considerably less than Wolf Hartman in real term dollars to skip ahead to the good bits in the game. "Take that mop and bucket, swab the decking you space poor, then get out of my sight."

You can fill in the rest I guess.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Trilobite posted:

And I guess now they're saying that 2 years ago they subcontracted ToW's development to Firesprite and now it's maybe a third standalone game CIG is concurrently funding alongside Star Citizen and Squadron 404, and the Very Soon of a few years back is now 2+ years in the future, like everything else, but, y'know, Sean Tracy said it was going to be a real thing and that it was going to be fun, and literally nobody else at CIG has ever claimed fun was even an option, so....yeah.

It was actually 4 years ago, which makes the whole thing even more hilarious. They only got up on stage and announced ToW after 2 years of subcontractor development which had apparently produced a barely functional battlefield clone, and now it's been 2 more years and it's nowhere near release.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

It was actually 4 years ago, which makes the whole thing even more hilarious. They only got up on stage and announced ToW after 2 years of subcontractor development which had apparently produced a barely functional battlefield clone, and now it's been 2 more years and it's nowhere near release.

Good lord. Always more and always worse, huh?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

50 Shades of Grift

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

The Titanic posted:

50 shades of grey bulkhead

I legit couldn't tell if this was the real thing, then I raised an eyebrow at "RSI shirt", then the perfect polygons... oh, I see. Still that took way too long.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
gonna get the wife to open an onlyfans wearing nothing but RSI/star citizen gear and see if we can clear $5k/month of these loving morons

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Evocati get all the best stuff

quote:

FPS Cave Assassination: The player must navigate their way to a cave and find a civilian target. The player must kill them when they find them. If the player is in a monitored zone this target will count as a murder victim. This mission will become available to players upon completing one Vaughn Assassination mission.

The caves where players fail to find a stationary dead body for hours at a time, before clipping into a rock?

Still, at least the AI should help

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsideratePowerfulDragonflyPicoMause-yTrkNw9gfZaSmiou

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Wait a minute...

quote:

Testing Focus
Ship to Ship Docking

quote:

Known Issues
Player is unable to manual / auto-dock the Merlin / Archimedes with any of the Constellation series ships

Those are the only ships with ship to ship docking

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Feature Updates
Gameplay
FPS Missions to Caves
We have added 3 new mission types aimed at FPS combat inside caves which introduces more AI NPCs into caves and FPS mission reputation.

FPS Cave Assassination: The player must navigate their way to a cave and find a civilian target. The player must kill them when they find them. If the player is in a monitored zone this target will count as a murder victim. This mission will become available to players upon completing one Vaughn Assassination mission.

FPS Cave Bounty: The player must navigate their way to a cave and find a criminal target. The target is protected by armed guards who will attempt to kill the player on sight. This mission will become available upon completing the Crusader Bounty introduction mission for missions around Stanton 2 and available upon completing the Hurston Bounty introduction mission around Stanton 1.

FPS Cave Clear All: The player must navigate their way to a cave and kill all the criminals they find there. This mission will become available upon completing the Crusader Bounty introduction mission for missions around Stanton 2 and available upon completing the Hurston Bounty introduction mission around Stanton 1.

Kudos to CIG for coming up with three very different experiences. This is how you make procedurally-generated content - other game studios need to take notice!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousAmazingMuleDAESuppy-VlYajr7UjZoW6b5x

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

"Oh, Miles!", she exclaimed breathlessly, taking off his jacket and throwing it aside. "I only have a moment before I need to mix those drinks."

"What, you're going to ditch me for a Hairy Roberts?", Eckhart purred, taking off his jacket and dropping it on the floor. It crumpled and folded in a highly realistic manner.

She pulled him close with one hand, tugging roughly at his jacket with the other, feeling the soft fabric of his jacket underneath. "Hurry, Miles! I need to feel your skin on mine", she purred.

Eckhart shrugged off his jacket. Hungrily, she eyed his one-of-a-kind Shroud of the Avatar leather pants and codpiece.

"Come here, Annabelle!", he growled.

"Please", she said, "Call me 'Boo'!"

She ripped off his jacket.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

gonna get the wife to open an onlyfans wearing nothing but RSI/star citizen gear and see if we can clear $5k/month of these loving morons

Will the account be called bettybigtits? :D

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pixelate posted:

Wait a minute...

Those are the only ships with ship to ship docking

Better file an Issue Council report about it! :downs:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jonny Shiloh posted:

It's good, but honestly a bit too exotic for Star Citizen fan fiction, mostly because the Titanic, unconsciously I guess, can't help but let her sensible woman's perspective seep into the narrative.

I think a Citizen would be much more straightforward about things.

You can fill in the rest I guess.

I did totally forget the whole "my sister in space" angle. I think you covered it!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ErrEff posted:

Kudos to CIG for coming up with three very different experiences. This is how you make procedurally-generated content - other game studios need to take notice!

This is some Skyrim level of mission design.

Except that Skyrim, as a game set on land where you are a barbarian in effectively the Middle Ages or some D&D world or something, having missions that take you to caves makes sense.

In a science fiction game about piloting space ships... not so much.

More power to them I guess. Maybe in one of these missions you can clear out all the cave rats and draugr.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr Fronts posted:

"Oh, Miles!", she exclaimed breathlessly, taking off his jacket and throwing it aside. "I only have a moment before I need to mix those drinks."

"What, you're going to ditch me for a Hairy Roberts?", Eckhart purred, taking off his jacket and dropping it on the floor. It crumpled and folded in a highly realistic manner.

She pulled him close with one hand, tugging roughly at his jacket with the other, feeling the soft fabric of his jacket underneath. "Hurry, Miles! I need to feel your skin on mine", she purred.

Eckhart shrugged off his jacket. Hungrily, she eyed his one-of-a-kind Shroud of the Avatar leather pants and codpiece.

:lol:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Mr Fronts posted:

At first I was like great, someone’s killing the joke. But then the jackets. And then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Mr Fronts posted:

:lol: all the jackets had me laughing at work.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

Oh, Firesprite did Star Marine? Nvm I guess SaltE was just saying star marine shows that a new mode can't be trusted in general. Also I think SaltEMike might finally be going off the deep end, calling his stream "Back to the Scam" and flipping out at the constant desync. Gonna add him and lethality to my hateshipping star citizen fanfic.

L. Ron Hoover fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 20, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileShinyManateePicoMause-6y3Mrq7l7ggPYoAC

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 20, 2021

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Dumb Starbucks posted:

There are no days in space, and yet somehow time passes much the same. One meandering heartbeat at a time, punctuated by tiny victories like fixing a weld perfectly or finding a tardigrade on your scan. These victories make you forget the slow decay that clutches every living organism. We flourish and die just as the stars do, but in between we live inside of time, even when there is no world around us. No sunrise, no sunset, no weather, no seasons, our heartbeats still thump beautiful forward towards their own demise. So we invent a word, time, to try and meter and describe the sensation of being conscious of the ultimatum we are born into, but never asked for.

It’s not meant to be depressing, Welk just can’t help but consider all these things when wondering why humans call dinner dinner even when they’re in space. It’s not the meal we eat in the nighttime, because there is no nighttime. Perhaps dinner is just a word for “third meal” although humans don’t often eat three meals. In fact they often drink coffee till they complain of bad breath or acidity and then finally eat a first meal, but often after the hours that they should have consumed their second meal.

The worst kind of caffeine.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

L. Ron Hoover posted:

Oh, Firesprite did Star Marine? Nvm I guess SaltE was just saying star marine shows that a new mode can't be trusted in general. Also I think SaltEMike might finally be going off the deep end, calling his stream "Back to the Scam" and flipping out at the constant desync. Gonna add him and lethality to my hateshipping star citizen fanfic.

Seems like they do handle AC/SM too

Duncan-CIG there is a Firesprite guy

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Bonus cat. But did he have a mattress set up behind him? Did he plan this bit in advance?

Were all these cars and tanks being made for Star Citizen just for inclusion in Theaters of War? Is Roberts leaning over TOW artists' shoulders even though they're a different company? Do you need to buy a car gun or tank in Star Citizen to use it in TOW? It's a standalone game, so everyone's gonna have access to everything, right?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DGP Space Lion posted:

Some fine Crobbears I found in a book about government sponsored comic books

:iiasb:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
New and improved ToW hitting evocati!

quote:

Testing Focus

We will be testing different player counts for matches on each day of the weekend starting with Friday at 24 players, Saturday 32, Sunday 40 to assess performance difference (TBC)

Known Issues
Performance and desync issues may still occur
Animus fires in to the floor sometimes even after lock-on
Player may get kicked out of game and need to restart
You may fall through the ship hull when respawning which could require having to respawn
Sometimes the player gets all Soldier loadout options but when spawning the real loadout should spawn in OK

Feature Updates

New Locations… New Possibilities!
The entire map has moved location to greener pastures to accommodate a new 360 approach to combat. Gone away are the times of forced boundaries and the “Playable Area”.
We have redesigned every single phase of Crossroads of Crime to ensure players have multiple avenues and ways to play while still contributing to the objectives at hand.
Now players have the option to approach from any direction and engage the enemy on their terms, whether that be 1000m away at the end of a sniper scope or taking the fight to their very own dropship.

Dropships & The Spawning Revamp
Speaking of dropships, every game begins with you and your teammates clambering into ships and being dropped right next to the combat zone ready to go. On landing, you’ll be greeted with ground vehicles to take the fight to the enemy and setup forward spawns for your team to reinforce as you take those objectives. We've also added in fighter ship spawns that are already in flight ready to engage.

Every vehicle is now a spawnpoint for players to use, from the very dropship that brought you to the zone, to the cyclone you sneakily parked behind enemy lines. In order to see where each of these vehicles are, the spawn screen has had a major revamp to give a bigger view of the battle at hand. It now displays vehicle icons above its in-world position and provides the vehicle’s third person camera, letting you know that the URSA Rover you’re about to spawn into isn’t upside down in a pit.

Player Awareness
We understood that players struggled with knowing what to do in the game. Alongside our VO, players can now find: Notification Messages, Objective Reminders, and Transition Markers. These mean that when the game starts and when a phase changes, players know where to go, what to do and how to do it.

DeathCams have also been added to provide clear info on who killed you, and where they did it from.

Visual Updates
Everything in the map has had a visual upgrade including the planet, updated buildings, new radar dish, and new bridge along with visual updates to all existing locations.

Balance Changes
Player weapon and armor loadouts have been reworked based on previous feedback to ensure both teams classes feel competitive against eachother while maintaining their own pros and cons. Ships are now a mirror matchup to ensure player skill is what truly shines in the skies.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Posting on the nazi page :godwin:

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
40 entire players. Impressive.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

Pixelate posted:

Seems like they do handle AC/SM too

Ah I see, so SaltE has the brilliant idea, hey let's look at what Firesprite did before! Wow, it loving sucks and is abandoned! I wonder how this'll go! What I'm saying is, pure FUD that would be banned on spectrum.

Also from looking at his stream it seems he hasn't abandoned hope, apparently it's just a thing for SC streamers to joke about playing a scam. I was surprised when I saw morphologis selling "whale" and "scam" tshirts and coffee mugs, but I suppose they have to be aware of what the entire rest of the gaming community says about the game. I wonder if scientologists buy "thetan scam" tshirts ironically :crossarms:

edit: apparently I made up the scam tshirt, I think he named a stream that. But you can buy a sweet 30k sweater

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

The worst kind of caffeine.

This is actually brilliant. A fanfic that captures the grinding tedium of the actual game!

L. Ron Hoover fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 20, 2021

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol at 24 player battlefield in the year 2021. Really pushing the boundaries!

Popete fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 20, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xerxes17 posted:

Posting on the nazi page :godwin:

We must secure the existence of Theaters of War and a future for Star Citizen

(Sandi Gardiner comes on stage to sing the first stanza of Deutschlandlied)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 20, 2021

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Titanic posted:

And then suddenly, in a fit of wild passion, Kat throws Vasant against the bulkhead of the slowly trudging Constellation. His masterfully suave form hit a button as he scrambled to remove his pants while Kat traced her finger along his lower lip.

"I think we need to find out just how deep we can push your sexual organs that you may have," the lusty Kat, shadowed in the darkness of the obnoxiously large bridge bulkhead uttered breathlessly.

"I want to agree with you, but first I must consult my -" he began but was cut off as she shoved her panties in his mouth, saving the readers from any further harassment. Her flavor spread across his mouth as it watered over the intruder, a small spec of drool clinging to the corner of his mouth.

Kat, clutching her RSI shirt between her hands flares at him through the perfect polygons of her strangely non-feminine hair, one eye sort of twitching a bit as she leaned in close to him after wrapping that shirt behind his neck. Her smaller than average breasts landing on his alien chest, and she murmured into his ear, "Let's just gently caress."

As she touched his organs of unknown nomenclature, both of them were suddenly left behind as their ship no clipped them outside into space. They both floated together for a while until they each had to suicide to reset.

Kat's server disconnected, and she could never connect with Vasant again for at least 500 years. This sexual frustration caused Vasant to grow angry with life. And soon, he figured out how to replace his bones with liquid metal as torture, and began a new civilization on the edge of humanity...

:perfect:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

So Star Citizen good then?

Buy an Idris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Oh, my bad, that's a seen from Love Pledge isn't it.