Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Greetings really cool and worldly and as such I know that colleges pressure students into having sex with recruits or hire prostitutes and some massage therapist ads are actually fronts for prostitution and a lot of athletes engage sex workers and also do sexual assaults and rape. I'm really smart and cool and grown up for knowing this stuff and I'm gonna say it a lot, in here, this thread for talking about how this one specific guy has sexually assaulted at least 22 women, I'm Big Ol Marsh Pussy.

Alright that's the first laugh I've had in pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Thinking about all the guys who have custom RVs for tailgating texans games and big texans logo tattoos and poo poo

They’re cool is what I’m saying

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

It could be that the story keeps evolving so fast it's honestly kind of hard to give it the kind of attention it really deserves because you don't know what's going to come out next. Hell for all we know at this point we could end up with fifty women accusing Watson of all kinds of nefarious poo poo.

It can't be that. If a dead comedy forum and Reddit can keep up, a newsroom can certainly cover a press conference.

My best guess is that the accusations are so explosive and Buzbee's reputation so questionable that they want to do an independent investigation before disseminating the story more widely, but the longer they wait the more they're implicitly tarnishing the credibility of the accusers.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You have to think at the very least the trade would have been rescinded.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phobeste posted:

No see I'M really cool and worldly and as such I know that colleges pressure students into having sex with recruits or hire prostitutes and some massage therapist ads are actually fronts for prostitution and a lot of athletes engage sex workers and also do sexual assaults and rape. I'm really smart and cool and grown up for knowing this stuff and I'm gonna say it a lot, in here, this thread for talking about how this one specific guy has sexually assaulted at least 22 women

This is a weird thread to do whatever it is your doing here. Not every thread has to be about you

nah
Mar 16, 2009

pasaluki posted:

It's a stunning fall.
The media just doesn't get how big this is.
I think the people here get it though...

Nah. It’ll be forgotten by the draft. Then it’ll be brought up occasionally during the next few years about how he had to face some adversity. SA is more progressive than most of society, your average fan doesn’t think this is a big deal

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

nah posted:

Nah. It’ll be forgotten by the draft. Then it’ll be brought up occasionally during the next few years about how he had to face some adversity. SA is more progressive than most of society, your average fan doesn’t think this is a big deal

There is literally no chance this is forgotten. AB did something similar with one woman and though it’s a bad thing that he’s still in the league he missed an entire year and then was suspended another 8 games on top of that.

Watson is at 22 women and counting and it’s been all of 48 hours.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

nah posted:

You sure about that? Reddit and the PFT comments are pretty strongly negative about this situation. That there's 22 (so far) is way different than what happened with AB.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

nah posted:

I mean the dude is Cosby-ing by the hour like the number of accusers is multiplying like some rpg slimes.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
22 in 52 weeks is doable

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There is no chance it's only 22, too. Jesus

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If you’re up to 22 accusers who are all matching a very precise MO there are more.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Ah, I made it. One of the top players at the top position in the NFL and I have signed my first big fat contract. And yet, there's still an emptiness I feel... This Robert Kraft guy is so successful, perhaps he has the answers

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Comrayn posted:

Ah, I made it. One of the top players at the top position in the NFL and I have signed my first big fat contract. And yet, there's still an emptiness I feel... This Robert Kraft guy is so successful, perhaps he has the answers

"HANDJOBS" says robert craft

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nah posted:

There's no way. The right-wing folks who might apologize for an old white dude aren't going to be interested in that for Deshawn. I made the mistake of looking at the comments on the PFT article and it's just nonstop dog whistles. There are sex offense apologists on all sides of the political spectrum in America, but at the very least this is going to be politicized.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

nah posted:

Nah. It’ll be forgotten by the draft.
Not when it's 22 women accusing him.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1373060021672685570?s=20

Cool

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Remember when Rush Limbaugh got fired from ESPN for attacking Donovan McNabb?

This isn't ever going away.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Remember when Rush Limbaugh got fired from ESPN for attacking Donovan McNabb?

This isn't ever going away.

Didnt Rush Limbaugh try to buy the Rams?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Everybody here is right to say “Tony Buzbee of is a Lionel Hutz” because he is
https://twitter.com/Chron_MattYoung/status/1372998128056602626?s=20

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A ton of players said they'd sooner retire than play for a team owned by Limbaugh and even though the other owners may be just as lovely they wanted no part of that PR nightmare so that was never going to happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also he's dead now lmao owned bitch

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I thought for sure Mike Vick would never see a football field again. 22 reported victims within like 48 hours is gonna be a real test for how valuable a top 5 QB really is

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
So, vehement denial soon and then a "Sex Addiction" press release / instagram post at some point in the future?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when Tom Clancy was thisclose to getting the Vikings, but something came up with his finances so Red McCombs ended up as their owner?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember when Tom Clancy was thisclose to getting the Vikings, but something came up with his finances so Red McCombs ended up as their owner?

No but Tom Clancy owning an NFL team had the potential to be pretty funny.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

D-LINK posted:

I thought for sure Mike Vick would never see a football field again. 22 reported victims within like 48 hours is gonna be a real test for how valuable a top 5 QB really is

I don't know if he's going to eat a total ban but I would bet the house that he doesn't play football in 2021. I can see the takes now: "Watson starts, Josh Gordon still suspended"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d prefer it over the still-present possibility Bezos gets one

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The only thing that stopped him was the NFL deciding that the fact that he was going through a divorce meant they were skeptical of his ability to put in enough up-front money. There was a press conference and everything, including congratulatory interviews on multiple networks.

Instead, the Vikings were sold to a Texan used car salesman who spent years flirting with the idea of moving the team to San Antonio until he finally gave up and sold them to the Wilfs for a healthy profit.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Despera posted:

"HANDJOBS" says robert craft

i mean, nobody's accused kraft of getting his gently caress massages anything other than consensually, right?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PupsOfWar posted:

i mean, nobody's accused kraft of getting his gently caress massages anything other than consensually, right?
No but the thing about his case was that IIRC his charges were dropped while the city/county kept going with the harshest charges they possibly could against a whole bunch of the women working at the parlor.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Chris James 2 posted:

I’d prefer it over the still-present possibility Bezos gets one

He’ll probably own the Sonics when they come back. Amazon already owns the naming rights to Climate Pledge Arena.

Don’t see him taking as much day to day interest as Paul Allen did.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
All signs point to Watson being a scumbag but the fact this lawyer is a literal cartoon character is not doing any good to silence the galaxy brained crowd

"In contact with the Houston Police Department" apparently means "text conversation with someone literally named 'Detective' in his address book"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just a cormality.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

NicelyNice posted:

All signs point to Watson being a scumbag but the fact this lawyer is a literal cartoon character is not doing any good to silence the galaxy brained crowd

"In contact with the Houston Police Department" apparently means "text conversation with someone literally named 'Detective' in his address book"

This man is a very successful multi millionaire lawyer somehow

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

NicelyNice posted:

He puts so much effort into looking like a drat buffoon.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He puts so much effort into looking like a drat buffoon.
To be fair, it's drat hard to naturally be that stupid.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

PupsOfWar posted:

Deshawn rub tape when?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

It can't be that. If a dead comedy forum and Reddit can keep up, a newsroom can certainly cover a press conference.

My best guess is that the accusations are so explosive and Buzbee's reputation so questionable that they want to do an independent investigation before disseminating the story more widely, but the longer they wait the more they're implicitly tarnishing the credibility of the accusers.

This logic is flawed because they could do the bare minimum and just report the facts as we know them. How hard is it to say that 22 different woman are alleging sexual misconduct by one of the biggest quarterbacks in football? That is a simple statement of fact. They don't have to have opinions on the matter. Just address how serious this is and what future impact it'll have. Say something about not wanting to rush to judgment if you are afraid of consequences. But you can still address what is happening. In fact, it's their loving job.

NicelyNice posted:

I can only read his tweets in the voice of Lionel Hutz now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

NicelyNice posted:

Watson’s gonna skate.