Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I never played a Prime game, hope they come out on the switch soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I never played a Prime game,

*record scratch*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah! posted:

*record scratch*

This is actually a lie, I played the first five minutes of Prime 1 when I rented it from Blockbuster but I got too scared and went back to replaying the tutorial level of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

NienNunb posted:

This is actually a lie, I played the first five minutes of Prime 1 when I rented it from Blockbuster but I got too scared and went back to replaying the tutorial level of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I never played a Prime game, hope they come out on the switch soon

you sohuld spend $10 on a wii and hack it. or emulate it or something

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m Torvus Bog. Welcome to Jackass

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NienNunb posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

you sohuld spend $10 on a wii and hack it. or emulate it or something

he could pm uncle at nintendo and get one for free

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Prime 3 using the motion controls to flip all the switches is a pretty satisfying goomba stomp.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I was very afraid as a child. Crippled by video game fear. I wrote in an old thread here that I used to be afraid that Bowser would jump out of the stained glass window on the front of Peach's castle and kill me irl if I took longer than like 15 seconds to get in the building. Would just bolt towards the doors while screaming and sometimes crying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq4ub6L1m-w

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

I first bought Morrowind for the Xbox about five years ago. I was overwhelmed like many are...and terrified! The world was so big. The ancestral tombs gave me nightmares (almost). I even deleted my file once because I got too scared in a Sixth House base on Red Mountain. Unfortunately, at the age of 17 1/2, I still have these problems. Morrowind is one of my all-time favorite games and overall I've put in more hours than any other game I've played...but it still scares me. It's the fear of the unknown. The unique atmosphere of the game. No other game has given me this feeling. Even actual horror games haven't scared me like Morrowind. I think it's a good thing though. I've never played through the whole storyline (only the first few quests), but this summer I hope to finally do it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you're still counting halves in your age then as far as I'm concerned you can be scared of any video game you want, champ

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

the frigate was pretty scary, it made me think it was a horror game when i was a kid. the music

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Being a kid and not knowing how to actually play the game so you basically play your own made-up game within a game ftmfw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My most vivid memory of playing Morrowind as a kid was getting sent out to the swamps to collect mushrooms for the mages guild or something and getting completely lost. I found my first Dunmer stronghold and thought it was civilisation before a naked orc killed me with a hammer, then I spoke to a guy who warned me about bandits and said he would look after my money if I wanted so they wouldn't steal it, and when I said no he chased me for half an hour and I didn't understand what I'd said that upset the nice man. Eventually I found the world map and it turned out I was about two minutes' walk away from both Balmora and a fishing village

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

Being a kid and not knowing how to actually play the game so you basically play your own made-up game within a game ftmfw

Lol I did this when I played Link to the Past when I was 4 and would just wander around the castle fighting the knights. It was epic

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

GorfZaplen posted:

This was me on like half of the NES games my neighbor had. I remember just driving around in Dick Tracy forever.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

for some games i couldnt even play them (due to being scared), i would wait at the main menu long enough for it to run the demo and then pretend i was playing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Stan Taylor posted:

This was me on like half of the NES games my neighbor had. I remember just driving around in Dick Tracy forever.

who framed roger rabbit and bill and ted were bad games but had absolutely massive worlds you could just gently caress around in. I greatly enjoyed just driving around LA/toontown, getting out periodically to punch random civilians

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

this ftw. modern game design fixed this though. minimaps and objective markers and tooltips and overworld icons so you can play the game the way you're Supposed to play it... :suicide:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GorfZaplen posted:

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Lol I did this when I played Link to the Past when I was 4 and would just wander around the castle fighting the knights. It was epic

God drat :kiddo:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My most vivid memory of playing Morrowind as a kid was getting sent out to the swamps to collect mushrooms for the mages guild or something and getting completely lost. I found my first Dunmer stronghold and thought it was civilisation before a naked orc killed me with a hammer, then I spoke to a guy who warned me about bandits and said he would look after my money if I wanted so they wouldn't steal it, and when I said no he chased me for half an hour and I didn't understand what I'd said that upset the nice man. Eventually I found the world map and it turned out I was about two minutes' walk away from both Balmora and a fishing village

I was in college when I played morrowind and still had a great sense of wonder at it because I'd never played a huge open world game like that before, and the game did a really good job of fooling you into thinking it was much bigger than it was.

The first time I saw the netches floating around (the big squid things) I was like OH poo poo OH gently caress but it turned out they weren't actually that strong

Also I played it on xbox so every time you died or loaded a game it took like 5 minutes so it felt like there were real consequences to dying lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morrowind is cool because the actual game world isn’t very big but it does a good job of making you feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere even when there’s a town like 30 seconds away

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Put Morrowind on the switch

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Morrowind is cool because the actual game world isn’t very big but it does a good job of making you feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere even when there’s a town like 30 seconds away

NienNunb posted:

:hai:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah this is why I tell people not to use mods/whatever that remove the fog. Extend it by a few cells, yeah, but if you remove it completely you can see Ebonheart and Vivec and poo poo the moment you get off the boat at the start of the game lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah this is why I tell people not to use mods/whatever that remove the fog. Extend it by a few cells, yeah, but if you remove it completely you can see Ebonheart and Vivec and poo poo the moment you get off the boat at the start of the game lmao

Yeah the fog and having a big fuckoff mountain in the middle of the map are the main tricks that make it feel bigger lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/openmw-for-switch.540250/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

for some games i couldnt even play them (due to being scared), i would wait at the main menu long enough for it to run the demo and then pretend i was playing

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I made up my own story up for Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire that ended just before the sewer level because I didn't like it. I did it so many times that I don't remember what the real story was supposed to be. Me and my ex girlfriend were both characters (I was the main guy, obviously)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

NienNunb posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

loving this god drat it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hurrr yeah let me play it ubmodded on a system that canr barely run super mario brothers 1

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I only play games that suck until you download a bunch of stuff that makes it a different game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

CHIM has just been attained no matter what stage of the Psijic Endeavor you’re on

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

When I was like 2 or 3 my dad would take me to the grocery store and they had a SF2 cabinet and he'd lift me up to mash the buttons and say "look you're winning!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Am2r owns and is better than the official remake

ya