Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I probably would have never gone back lol but I remember going through that cave and being certain a boss was gonna attack me lol. After I beat ape my friend mentioned I should go back to it at some point for a treat lol

Finding out in the memory I probably killed his wife :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(ape refight) if you ignore the brown ape and kill the other first the brown ape gets incredibly sad and just collapses, fading away :negative:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the ape ate people and deserves no mercy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the double ape fight is intimidating and throws a lot at you but it's not really that bad when you realise the second ape doesn't have much health and only really jumps in to do an easy combo now and again, it's more of a distraction than anything. I just chucked firecrackers around and blitzed it with mortal draw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ya I got owned the first time because I was in a corner before I even saw there was a second ape after an easy enough first round. Then was kind of pinned in and got hit with a scream. Second time I used Mortal Draw as soon as the brown one appeared (which has absurd range apparently) and then realised she'd come after me a lot when the white one scremed so ended up an easy enough fight. Heard it's difficult on NG+ though

Gonna head to the devine realm after work

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

the ape ate people and deserves no mercy

Ape's are cool and imagine like having a few beers with GA in his big pool and stuff and then he throws those snake eyes into a ravine

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mortal Draw: coolest attack in the game? I think so

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just remembered they added a boss rush mode and alt costumes to this game in a recent update lol. maybe ill replay sekiro this year..

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also the guardian ape's got nothing on this motherfucker

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Klowner posted:

Mortal Draw: coolest attack in the game? I think so
Is there any real point in the combat arts other than that and Ichimonji? They just seem straight up worse

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

initially feeling bad about killing all the baboons until the buddha valley

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

floating passage is great

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

floating passage is great

all the combat arts are super awesome, i wish the non-ichimonji ones were good for something other than playing flashy

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

also the guardian ape's got nothing on this motherfucker

ah you're right. gently caress that guy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

EmmyOk posted:

Ape's are cool and imagine like having a few beers with GA in his big pool and stuff and then he throws those snake eyes into a ravine

Oh hell yeah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The true monk fight was so much more fun than the ghosty one. Also managed to get two snake fruits to give to the divine child of rejuvenation so he gave me some tears which sound good. Emma or Kuro could not give less of a gently caress about them though lol I thought they'd be a big deal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the purple ninja that can endlessly summon dogs is the worst encounter of all time so I just ran past

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wish I could endlessly summon dogs

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

the purple ninja that can endlessly summon dogs is the worst encounter of all time so I just ran past

the one by the snake shrine? the dogs with the epic costumes?? get real.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

the one by the snake shrine? the dogs with the epic costumes?? get real.

Nah the guy in the return to Hirata who whistles and summons three dogs. Stayed super aggressive to interrupt his whistle for them and then realised shurikens also worked! So not too bad in the end.

Gonna come back here later though because the next area has double purple ninjas and a pack of bandits and they don't fight each other like I thought they would lol. Assuming Hirata doesn't get locked off ever?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The final boss is every purple ninja in the game merge together to form a giant purple ninja and unleash real ultimate power

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Nah the guy in the return to Hirata who whistles and summons three dogs. Stayed super aggressive to interrupt his whistle for them and then realised shurikens also worked! So not too bad in the end.

Gonna come back here later though because the next area has double purple ninjas and a pack of bandits and they don't fight each other like I thought they would lol. Assuming Hirata doesn't get locked off ever?

ahh. i messed up that questline both playthrus ive done so far so i havent been to super hirata yet. good luck!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know half the bosses in the game are "duels" and he doesn't have exactly the same equipment as the player but Owl should be held up with Vergil as one of the greatest mirror match bosses of all time imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

The final boss is every purple ninja in the game merge together to form a giant purple ninja and unleash real ultimate power

they just end up as the asylum demon equivalent with more lovely attacks thrown in each iteration

HolePisser1982 posted:

ahh. i messed up that questline both playthrus ive done so far so i havent been to super hirata yet. good luck!

It's cool! Definitely intended as a final area I feel like. My pal is a god of dark souls so tips me off on obscure quest lines because she's platted each from game lol. I had a really finicky issue with it that no guides mentioned so lmk if you ever try again and I can explain what I had to do!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wish I could endlessly summon dogs

:dogwhistle:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

About to face Demon of Hatred and just realised who it is.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

About to face Demon of Hatred and just realised who it is.

Good luck. You can do it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Getting owned and this is the first fight since poison pit snake eyes I just feel sapping my enthusiasm totally. Like a worse version of GA where it just feels like a total mess and nothing like you've been practicing for with all the other cool fights. Also a status boss sucks imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Getting owned and this is the first fight since poison pit snake eyes I just feel sapping my enthusiasm totally. Like a worse version of GA where it just feels like a total mess and nothing like you've been practicing for with all the other cool fights. Also a status boss sucks imo

divine confetti helps a ton with damage but it’s gonna be a shitshow while you learn the moves. its epic once the tides start turning and you start whipping his rear end

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

If he pisses you off too much he is optional.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

divine confetti helps a ton with damage but it’s gonna be a shitshow while you learn the moves. its epic once the tides start turning and you start whipping his rear end

:hai:

Arrhythmia posted:

If he pisses you off too much he is optional.

He would offer me shelter any time, and you suggest I abandon him??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

demon of hatred annoyed me too, you'll persevere and feel godly once you see victory in sight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Demon of hatred sucks and is a complete misfire, I've never bothered to beat him. Don't worry about it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

demon of hatred annoyed me too, you'll persevere and feel godly once you see victory in sight

got phase 1 down now reliably get through it last 2 or 3 times with good gourds left but 2 is pifnul again and there are three but I will end his suffering

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

maybe 30 tries in and got ti his second phase about 10 and nearly his 3rd once. Feels so impossible. Def improving a lot but lose a lot of gourds still on phase one or get through using two. his combo and chip damage with fire really sucks rear end as does his constant leap back to the walls. It's a good boss fight but not a good sekiro fight imo, you only learn to be better at him not the game which kind of sucks rear end for a final boss

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

He’s not the final boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

He’s not the final boss

ya I know. I have to go to the field. But I mean he's like the final set of bosses there's him, Hirata 2 boss, and whoever the final boss is. So to have a totally diff boss be potentially the last thing you face is kind of lame imo especially with so much hp