Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TinTower posted:

Let’s post things Thatcher deserved.

:master:

She deserved a better makeup artist loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

TinTower posted:

Let’s post things Thatcher deserved.

:master:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

People say Margaret thatcher hated lgbt people but then she opened up a universal bathroom when she died.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

That works for Ronald Reagan too.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Limbaugh's grave as well.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

My mom hit her younger brother in the head with a frying pan because she saw it on the Three Stooges when they were little.

Anyone who tells you that kids were smarter than to emulate TV back in the Old Days is stupid or lying or both.

My grandpa shot his little sister in the butt with his Lash LaRue replica pistols when he was a kid. As long as violence has been packaged as childrens' entertainment, children have been emulating said violence.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Those entitled millenials are at it again.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

borkencode posted:

Those entitled millenials are at it again.

Your gift is the stimulus check you're getting from the administration we elected and you voted against

You're welcome :smuggo:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sounds like her kids forget Mother’s Day a lot. Wonder why that is, hmmmmmmm?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I mean, that's a pretty tepid meme. It's the sort of benign thing my mom would share, and she's absolutely not a chud or chud-adjacent.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

The American flag IS offensive ... to aesthetics. It's much too busy! Give me a simpler one!
It doesn't need so many stripes. It has 3 colors, just do 3 stripes, one of each color.

Also, stars are basically pentagrams and America is a Christian nation, so get rid of those. In fact, just put "God" right in the middle in big red letters.

Actually, to really own the libs, all around that it should say something like "God is the greatest," like ten times. No, eleven times.

Now there's a flag that stands for the things I believe in!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pththya-lyi posted:

The American flag IS offensive ... to aesthetics. It's much too busy! Give me a simpler one!

E: vv :hmmyes: vv

How about just a big white fist, on a red background with a black trim?

What ? I'm not fash no they're the fash!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

This Is the Zodiac posted:

It doesn't need so many stripes. It has 3 colors, just do 3 stripes, one of each color.

Also, stars are basically pentagrams and America is a Christian nation, so get rid of those. In fact, just put "God" right in the middle in big red letters.

Actually, to really own the libs, all around that it should say something like "God is the greatest," like ten times. No, eleven times.

Now there's a flag that stands for the things I believe in!

How exactly are we supposed to do 3 stripes of Red White and Blue when literally every variation of that is already taken, smart guy???

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

You're right, better make it green instead of blue. Blue is the Democrat color anyway.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Thump! posted:

How exactly are we supposed to do 3 stripes of Red White and Blue when literally every variation of that is already taken, smart guy???

This TurboCHUD I'm distantly acquainted with decided to get his garage airbrushed with the American flag. It's huge and garish and the best part is the artist stylized it...and it ended up being the Liberian flag.

So whenever he starts virtue signaling his patriotism, we ask him why a patriot would have a different country's flag on his garage and it never fails to make him blow his top.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It appears diagonal red white and blue is not in use at least not by any nation states

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Thump! posted:

Put a red cross in the center white stripe of course

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Make it a red-white-blue vertical tricolour. Blue-white-red is the french tricolour. This way, only idiots who know nothing about vexillology can mix them up.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

StealthArcher posted:

Put a red cross in the center white stripe of course

nazi flag with a blue swastika

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VideoTapir posted:

nazi flag with a blue swastika

Nazi flag, but with a Blue Lives Matter stripe going through it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Just stick the Punisher logo on it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the_steve posted:

Nazi flag, but with a Blue Lives Matter stripe going through it.

So a Nazi flag then

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lib and let die posted:

So a Nazi flag then

But a different one!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Now I want to see a real survey for a redesigned flag, together with the demographics. Can you imagine? Anything short of it being constantly on fire, being choked to death, and simultaneously showing a boot stepping on a face, would seem to miss the mark. Oh and it needs the starfield redesigned to just show a circle jerk of corporate personhood.

Make Puerto Rico a state or something then they'll argue about the flag for a while.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Now I want to see a real survey for a redesigned flag, together with the demographics. Can you imagine? Anything short of it being constantly on fire, being choked to death, and simultaneously showing a boot stepping on a face, would seem to miss the mark. Oh and it needs the starfield redesigned to just show a circle jerk of corporate personhood.

Make Puerto Rico a state or something then they'll argue about the flag for a while.

A field of the top 50 fortune 500 company logos

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Makes me wonder, is there an official star layout for a 52-state flag yet? At some point we're bound to get DC and PR. Some of the historical flags are very awkward looking.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I legit think at this point the flag would stay unaltered even with more states

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If we do that may as well go back to a more aesthetic 13

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Now I want to see a real survey for a redesigned flag, together with the demographics. Can you imagine?

We should start a photoshop or an MS Paint thread where we redesign the modern conservative flag.

TIny crosses instead of stars, Punisher teeth instead of stripes...stick an eagle in there somewhere.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BiggerBoat posted:

We should start a photoshop or an MS Paint thread where we redesign the modern conservative flag.

TIny crosses instead of stars, Punisher teeth instead of stripes...stick an eagle in there somewhere.

And all the stripes should clearly be bacon, that way the terrorists aren't allowed to salute it and we can pick them out of a crowd.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sometimes they almost get it...

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

What about cancers caused by choices like smoking? Do they still have to pay under this ppan?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Did you vote Democrat?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I mean, I've had cancer as well as student loan debt and yes I'd be thrilled to have either one covered completely.

My thoughts as an actual cancer survivor often fall on deaf ears though.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

"The medical professionals that dedicated their lives to curing the cancer that's ravaged my body can get hosed. Not my problem! It was their choice to seek a medical degree. What about me!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Best reply to this on the post

quote:

I don't agree with Universal Healthcare, but this is something that I can get behind!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Skull with crosses for teeth and a Nazi--I mean, Spartan---eagle behind it. On a black field with a single blue stripe at the bottom.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Hobnob posted:

Makes me wonder, is there an official star layout for a 52-state flag yet? At some point we're bound to get DC and PR. Some of the historical flags are very awkward looking.

The current one is a pretty clever superposition of a 5x6 and 4x5 grid to get 30+20

I dunno what combinations would get you to 52 with an aesthetically pleasing pattern

28 + 24 would be 4x7 and 4x6 (or 3x8, but that's not a great aspect ratio)

27 + 25 doesn't work great as 3x9 and 5x5

30 + 22 is rough, and 29 + 23 is doubly prime

You could also do four rows of 13, which has the benefit of the original 13 colonies again but the aspect ratio isn't great

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Medullah posted:

Sometimes they almost get it...

As someone who's had both they're related. When I'm missing work to get day long infusions and week long recoveries I also couldn't pay off my student loans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DarkHorse posted:

The current one is a pretty clever superposition of a 5x6 and 4x5 grid to get 30+20

I dunno what combinations would get you to 52 with an aesthetically pleasing pattern

28 + 24 would be 4x7 and 4x6 (or 3x8, but that's not a great aspect ratio)

27 + 25 doesn't work great as 3x9 and 5x5

30 + 22 is rough, and 29 + 23 is doubly prime

You could also do four rows of 13, which has the benefit of the original 13 colonies again but the aspect ratio isn't great
9 columns of six but two of them have 5. Didn't an older flag have a similar pattern?