Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
That's actually really weird an interesting. Having getting Diluc up to golden god status before going past bare minimum supports is :psyduck:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Tae posted:

I feel like this is appropriate for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjCLnz7oGE

all numbers go up

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jinx always makes recommendations too dogmatically (first it was "only level your carry", then it was "never level anything past 16") but I guess that's why he gets clicks.

In this case you can see that even in the Diluc comp in the spreadsheet you need to put enough resources into Bennett to get his base atk high, you need high ER on both Xingqiu and Bennett, and you want reasonable EM artifacts on Sucrose to help boost Diluc's damage. Resources amount to more than just CR, CD, and atk. But yes, leveling your Diluc's hat from 19 to 20 is probably going to get you more than taking your Bennett's feather from 8 to 12 unless you hit an ER substat.

(this is why I've overbuilt ER on Bennett and Xingqiu compared to what most people recommend, because having full uptime is just way more important than any atk gain you'd get by swapping 20 ER for 15 atk or whatever)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 20, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

calling razor a hyper carry is kinda sus

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hexel posted:

calling razor a hyper carry is kinda sus

In the way he's using it (Razor does the vast majority of your group's damage) it's correct. Razor may not do Ganyu levels of damage but he's still going to be hogging all the damage for himself.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New code: SBNBUK67M37Z

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Do you really need to dive into this event domain 6 times and waste 5 minutes each before a boss fight to grab all tickets?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

lurksion posted:

Do you really need to dive into this event domain 6 times and waste 5 minutes each before a boss fight to grab all tickets?

Yup. You have a long time to do it, so don’t grind it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

You can craft it in game. Cook "Come and Get It" with Qiqi, it's her special dish called "No Tomorrow"

You unlock it at AR40, buy the recipe from Chef Mao. It's not a hard recipe to farm either, but like all specialty foods it's a pretty low chance to get.

Yeah, my point is that you presumably need Qiqi to craft it; other recipes that only specific characters can make generally aren't that good.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yup. You have a long time to do it, so don’t grind it.

Also, if you hate the minigames and don't want to do it, the bow isn't very good, so don't feel like you need to chase it.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
What's with the house in Mondstadt that has the hydro sigil on its door? Is that Mona's place? Has that been used in anything?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Zwiebel posted:

What's with the house in Mondstadt that has the hydro sigil on its door? Is that Mona's place? Has that been used in anything?

If you are asking that question, then you have not unlocked Mona's story quest.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Flair posted:

If you are asking that question, then you have not unlocked Mona's story quest.

Ah, that's it then, thanks.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I haven't touched the game in a few days since I've been too busy writing my masters thesis. Log in today to see my signature change to "hey^^" and my part comp change. Thought that was weird but logged back out to go do some stuff in town. Log back in and see this:

My friendlists is full of Russians now too. They've been doing my dailies and the battle pass stuff for me???? Changed my signature to tell them to add me on LINE; might as well have a weird Russian helper I guess (and figure out which passwords need to change).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve done this domain everyday for the past two weeks and this chest is new

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

There used to be a chest behind the wall there. Apparently one of the patches made it unreachable. It's possible they moved the chest outside of that wall after hearing complaints about it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wrr posted:

I haven't touched the game in a few days since I've been too busy writing my masters thesis. Log in today to see my signature change to "hey^^" and my part comp change. Thought that was weird but logged back out to go do some stuff in town. Log back in and see this:

My friendlists is full of Russians now too. They've been doing my dailies and the battle pass stuff for me???? Changed my signature to tell them to add me on LINE; might as well have a weird Russian helper I guess (and figure out which passwords need to change).

I...I want to believe in this guy lmao

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wrr posted:

Out of curiosity, how do you think your password got leaked? Is it a common password, did you use any odd tools with the game?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Oh hell yeah they (re)fixed that, I had that area at 99% forever. Thanks for the heads up.

Funny thing is that I got the chest way back when the way into the secret area wasn't blocked but for some reason the chest respawned and I couldn't even glitch my way back in.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I haven't played this game in some time, but have they made it possible to get to that one sealed underground chamber with a lot of resources in it (and a waterfall) -without- having to glitch through the game world?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sharkitten posted:

I haven't played this game in some time, but have they made it possible to get to that one sealed underground chamber with a lot of resources in it (and a waterfall) -without- having to glitch through the game world?

Yeah it's part of a story quest

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

No Wave posted:

There used to be a chest behind the wall there. Apparently one of the patches made it unreachable. It's possible they moved the chest outside of that wall after hearing complaints about it.

I was about to say thanks and wonder how I missed it for so long but that certainly explains it.

Now, does anyone have a good video guide on how to beat Adult Geovishaps that don't boil down to 'Use Venti or Ganyu?' Not the boss, the big ones that get element infusions at about 60% health.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

No Wave posted:

Out of curiosity, how do you think your password got leaked? Is it a common password, did you use any odd tools with the game?

Thats what I want to ask him, see what I need to lock down. I don't think its a common password, its j/k ;-). Don't use any tools or anything like that either; its also distinct from most of my social media passwords so?????

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol the dishes sent to you from the wanmin web event aren't the delicious versions.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

uh this is all i got from using magic crystals in the item smasher? feels like usually its more than this? or maybe i value anything else more than dumb element slivers. or maybe its a conspiracy and mihoyo hates me for not wasting resin111

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wrr posted:

Is your login your email address? Have you ever used that password elsewhere?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kater posted:

uh this is all i got from using magic crystals in the item smasher? feels like usually its more than this? or maybe i value anything else more than dumb element slivers. or maybe its a conspiracy and mihoyo hates me for not wasting resin111

I always use mint and normally I get a ton of talent books but today I got mostly those ascension mats

maybe they changed it. or maybe it's pure coincidence! curious to see what I get next time

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

It's rough math, but each sliver is worth about 4.6 resin.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Related to the chest by the Guyun domain, I had a precious chest guarded by a ruin hunter spawn in across from Ruin Guard Island. It seems the spawn may have been broken previously. Others have gotten the chest before, but say the ruin hunter is now respawning. Worth a look if you're out in Guyun already.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i finally got a catalyst prototype, sadly i am too gamebrained to use it so i can finally have P. Amber for a healer-less Ning/Mona support team

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

dogsicle posted:

i finally got a catalyst prototype, sadly i am too gamebrained to use it so i can finally have P. Amber for a healer-less Ning/Mona support team

Just do it. If they put out a craftable catalyst that is actually desirable outside of niche scenarios, I'll eat my hat.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Wrr posted:

Thats what I want to ask him, see what I need to lock down. I don't think its a common password, its j/k ;-). Don't use any tools or anything like that either; its also distinct from most of my social media passwords so?????

Any credentials you care about keeping secure should have a unique password that you've never used anywhere else. Password managers and generators are great for that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wrr posted:

No Wave posted:

i kind of assumed that this thread was aware of it but the long of it is, there have been a number of security vulnerabilities with this game since launch, and at least one major user data breach. you were either brute forced or they got your credentials from a db. hundreds of players are getting exposed every day, and mihoyo is straight up censoring every post that says they've been hacked to preserve their image, because that's more cost effective than implementing better accont security.

you're lucky your account was stolen by a good samaritan and not someone who deletes your account or fodders all your 5* weapons and artis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenshinHacked/

tldr, please be very careful, and even if you haven't used this email or password anywhere else, assume it's traceable and breakable.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Also link a phone number, if only so if they try and steal your account you can verify with support that it's you ( no 2fa yet though unfortunately)

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
lol if you have custom controls on console the harp game doesnt work what a trash game

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

No that's Ningguang she's been in the game since launch :v:

Moving chests is the new way MHY will keep the "chests respawn" rumors alive.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

tyrelhill posted:

lol if you have custom controls on console the harp game doesnt work what a trash game

Make sure to file a reportt. Probably won't do anything, but what the hey.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 21, 2021

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I have a Venti now and managed to 3 star 11-2 finally.

Then I did 12-1 with 4 deaths and decided to not try to go further in floor 12.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there any usefulness from getting the balloon or lyre from the event beside trying to get everything from the shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

TV Zombie posted:

Is there any usefulness from getting the balloon or lyre from the event beside trying to get everything from the shop?

The lyre is the most important item from the shop, come on!