Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bump_fn posted:

anyone who looks at their twitter and facebook likes really

yeah, i suppose that doesn't quite hold up these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I would probably pay a thousand dollars to see the NC-17 cut off that movie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

I’ll throw in another thousand. I smell a GoonFundMe!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Sagebrush posted:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Also remembering that he's dead and now I'm sad.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i certainly liked mrs doubtfire as a kid but tbqh im content to leave some unreleased nc17 cut in the dark. i expect there’s a lot in there that might charitably be described as transphobic with the forward trends of the past thirty years

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, almost certainly. might be real funny viewed through the correct lens of time, but that is hard to do if it surfaces now.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AeinB8xBek

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PLEASE

mediaphage posted:

i certainly liked mrs doubtfire as a kid but tbqh im content to leave some unreleased nc17 cut in the dark. i expect there’s a lot in there that might charitably be described as transphobic with the forward trends of the past thirty years

I still want to see it. I’d want to see an NC-17 cut of Ace Ventura or Forest Gump or Dirty Harry or Gone with the Wind too

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

matti posted:

make a new The Phantom movie cowards

Do a King Features cinematic universe leading up to a movie where they all team up but are also somehow all single dads.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

indigi posted:

PLEASE

I still want to see it. I’d want to see an NC-17 cut of Ace Ventura or Forest Gump or Dirty Harry or Gone with the Wind too

I know movies are a product of their time, but ace ventura is loving problematic in a way Mrs Doubtfire isn't

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

jre posted:

I know movies are a product of their time, but ace ventura is loving problematic in a way Mrs Doubtfire isn't
And how

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Speaking with EW on Friday, Columbus says there is no NC-17-rated version of the film, but there are three different versions of it, including an R-rated cut. "The reality is that there was a deal between Robin and myself, which was, he'll do one or two, three scripted takes. And then he would say, 'Then let me play.' And we would basically go on anywhere between 15 to 22 takes, I think 22 being the most I remember," the helmer recalls.

As a result, he says, Williams came up with new versions and new lines in every take. "He would sometimes go into territory that wouldn't be appropriate for a PG-13 movie, but certainly appropriate and hilariously funny for an R-rated film. I only (previously)used the phrase NC-17 as a joke. There could be no NC-17 version of the movie," he admits.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Is Ace Ventura 2 as problematic as 1? Been ages since I watched it but I remember the tone being way more cartoony and absurd and not trying to be as edgy as the first.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Action Jacktion posted:

Do a King Features cinematic universe leading up to a movie where they all team up but are also somehow all single dads.

the phantom pauses mid-punch, "wait your ex-wife's name was martha?"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jre posted:

forrest gump is worse. loving ronald reagan wet dream conservative piece of poo poo of a movie

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Chris Knight posted:

quote:

Speaking with EW on Friday, Columbus says there is no NC-17-rated version of the film, but there are three different versions of it, including an R-rated cut. "The reality is that there was a deal between Robin and myself, which was, he'll do one or two, three scripted takes. And then he would say, 'Then let me play.' And we would basically go on anywhere between 15 to 22 takes, I think 22 being the most I remember," the helmer recalls.

As a result, he says, Williams came up with new versions and new lines in every take. "He would sometimes go into territory that wouldn't be appropriate for a PG-13 movie, but certainly appropriate and hilariously funny for an R-rated film. I only (previously)used the phrase NC-17 as a joke. There could be no NC-17 version of the movie," he admits.

"sure robin, you can do your tedious bullshit, but lets do 2 or 3 real takes first ok"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

shoeberto posted:

Is Ace Ventura 2 as problematic as 1? Been ages since I watched it but I remember the tone being way more cartoony and absurd and not trying to be as edgy as the first.

a bunch of racist stereotypes about african tribes, and the film ends with the bad guy being raped by a gorilla

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ZinZaku/status/1372273663660150794

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sweevo posted:

a bunch of racist stereotypes about african tribes, and the film ends with the bad guy being raped by a gorilla

oh hey trading places

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Action Jacktion posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
what was that movie where the guy makes up a fake african tribe and puts a bone in his nose and poo poo

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Sweevo posted:

welp down the memory hole that one goes

lmao

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what was that movie where the guy makes up a fake african tribe and puts a bone in his nose and poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/TessDegenstein/status/1371841184260354048

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

jre posted:

I still want to see what the NC-17 version is, out of curiosity

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

indigi posted:

There isn't one, it was just hyperbole. The director or someone said you could probably make an R-rated version based on some of Robin Williams' takes though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can someone deepfake robin williamas saying mommy milkers in the ms doubtfire voice

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

indigi posted:

robin has his dick out the entire movie and no one notices

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Carthag Tuek posted:

if i ever make a movie, it will defnitely have a sniper who is a coward through the whole thing

Clint Eastwood beat you to it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I just wanna say I’m glad echinopsis is banned

If you see this I'm probably doing a sig check

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

gonna say that i disagree, but i suspect i am dumb to expect him to just loving shape up on the obviously stupid bits he was on about.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

should have happened years ago. you will be banned for calling someone stupid in one of 16 proscribed ways but the most depraved perverts on here are practically bulletproof.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ace ventura problematic yes yes but this scene will never die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF16eA7sdqo

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Roosevelt posted:

ace ventura problematic yes yes but this scene will never die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF16eA7sdqo
the thing with movies is that there are several of them so you can safely discard ones that are actively insensitive and hurtful and still have a lot left

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

the thing with movies is that there are several of them so you can safely discard ones that are actively insensitive and hurtful and still have a lot left

I already saw it though. that scene is funny. I can’t discard that memory and opinion

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

indigi posted:

I already saw it though. that scene is funny. I can’t discard that memory and opinion

On one hand it has horrific portrayals of transgender people, and along with the crying game is directly responsible for instilling bigotry in a generation of people.

On the other he crawls out the arse !

Who can say if it's good or bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

jre posted:

On one hand it has horrific portrayals of transgender people, and along with the crying game is directly responsible for instilling bigotry in a generation of people.

I didn’t say it was good or bad. I said it was funny 😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

jre posted:

did the crying game portray trans people negatively? all i remember was gabriel byrne falls for someone who he later discovers is trans

im pretty sure even my hazy memory of the reveal is actually from some later parody film