Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

endlessmonotony posted:

Um, what?

No, genuinely, what?

I get it's a lovely image of Cummings calling him a bunch of names, but what the gently caress is the cartoonist doing?

There’s no such thing as a megalomaniacal fascist, apparently.

Somfin posted:

Democrats also pre-compromise on potential solutions way earlier than they need to on a regular basis and seem to have forgotten how to negotiate

Fair, but I do think they’re getting better at that. I was afraid Biden would waste months trying to get “moderate” senators to buy-in to the COVID relief bill.

Edit: Yes, they had to water down the bill a bit to get Manchin's support, but there was no way to pass it without him. They could have watered it down even further in a vain attempt to get Susan Collins on board, but they didn't.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Jesus gently caress, why are all UK/Aus cartoons so unbearably grotesque? If I see one more nightmare Boris Johnson with deflated balloon lips I'm going to puke.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

packetmantis posted:

Jesus gently caress, why are all UK/Aus cartoons so unbearably grotesque? If I see one more nightmare Boris Johnson with deflated balloon lips I'm going to puke.
Do you miss Cameron with his head always drawn super smooth stuffed into a condom?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

I do appreciate the guy (Bell?) who just draws him as a butt.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

The grotesque ones are generally more weird and offputting than amusing, especially when they're repeated. The only running silly depiction of a political figure in the UK and Australia political cartoons that continually makes me laugh is Pope always having Tony Abbott in a budgie smuggler no matter what's going on.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gordon Shumway posted:

Tony Abbott in a budgie smuggler

It was a great national trauma

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How do people feel about him vs ScoMo? An improvement or just a better lizard to human disguise?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gordon Shumway posted:

The grotesque ones are generally more weird and offputting than amusing, especially when they're repeated. The only running silly depiction of a political figure in the UK and Australia political cartoons that continually makes me laugh is Pope always having Tony Abbott in a budgie smuggler no matter what's going on.

I generally skip all the British comics except Collins.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Microsoft BioComputer posted:

ENJOY THE SHOW! LET THE VIRTUE SIGNALING COMMENCE

Rand Paul got into a verbal jousting match with Dr. Fauci recently. The senator was the clear winner.

An angry Fauci dithered when Senator Paul presented logical evidence that the masks were being used as ‘theater,’ not science. To Paul, the masks are comedy—a joke. To Fauci, they are about protecting us from tragedy. To me, the real tragedy is forcing us into medical tyranny. The pandemic has been staged.

Dr. Fauci is Bill Gates’ point man on the pandemic. Even though the virus has never been isolated or verified, and even though the PCR tests are not dependable, vaccines were rushed out and heavily promoted by politicians (including Trump) and the mass media.

Senator Paul may not like the masks, but he’s all for getting people vaccinated. On FoxNews he claimed the vaccines were ‘very, very safe.’ This includes the mRNA vaccine, which isn’t even a vaccine but rather ‘gene therapy.’ It hacks into the software of life. Gates loves the idea of people getting turned into bio computers who require his constant software updates. Apparently Paul prefers to ignore a plethora of stories that include people dropping dead shortly after getting jabbed. He also alluded that once people are vaccinated, they will again have ‘twinkles in their eyes’ as they get to enjoy their favorite restaurant. This hints at the ominous—we can’t get our freedom back until we get vaccinated.

Bill Gates’ COVID-19 theater production contains far more tragedy than comedy. Senator Paul is correct to laugh at Fauci’s double masks, but it’s tragic that he has ultimately sided with Bill Gates.

—Ben Garrison

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So is that pro Kamala or not?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

By popular demand posted:

How do people feel about him vs ScoMo? An improvement or just a better lizard to human disguise?
Abbott never bothered with the disguise, that's why the cartoonists love to draw him. It didn't do wonders for his opinion polls though.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Thanks to the 2-week delay, we now know that this, shockingly, is STDH.txt

The thing is, NASA does have concerns about poor representation. I spent three summers mentoring teams in an undergraduate research program that was specifically made to increase non white guy numbers in ocean, marine biology and space sciences. It was a joint NASA/Office of Naval Research program and the part I was in was at an HBCU.

So gently caress off drunky!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Gordon Shumway posted:

The grotesque ones are generally more weird and offputting than amusing,

They're British yes.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
God forbid a cartoon depict a figure in a cartoonish, exaggerated way.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, just ignore all the democrats in congress calling for him to resign, along with the democratically controlled New York legislature, and plenty of others too.

And, Madison Cawthorn who? Never heard of him, all those bitches must be lying, it's a partisan hit job, he's such a good conservative boy he would never have...

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The virus has been staged? What does he think killed 500,000+ American's then?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Comstar posted:

The virus has been staged? What does he think killed 500,000+ American's then?
Fake news. Nobody has died of covid, only with covid.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Fake news. Nobody has died of covid, only with covid.

Covid ja actually just a regular flu and not wearing a mask to expose your immune system to it, makes it stronger. These people died despite covid. If only they had gotten it sooner, it would have steeled them and their death could have been prevented.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 21, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Thanks for the opinion, Ben "I get my medical advice from an unaccredited opthalmologist" Garrison.

quote:

Payne has finally caught up to the Fox News talking point from three days ago, which was a response to the VP's statement four days ago that she was following Biden's lead, and ignores Biden's statement of the same day that the investigation should go forward.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised this batch of conservatives haven't caught up to the current "Russia is good, actually" opinion in the conservasphere.

Lisa Benson

Chip Bok

John Branch

Ed Gamble

Al Goodwyn

David Hitch

Clay Jones

Lee Judge

Jimmy Margulies

Gary Markstein

Mike Peters

Mike Shelton

Mike Smith

Gary Varvel

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

This includes the mRNA vaccine, which isn’t even a vaccine but rather ‘gene therapy.’ It hacks into the software of life. Gates loves the idea of people getting turned into bio computers who require his constant software updates.
As a biologist these sentences physically hurt me.

The rest too, these in particular just especially stand out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You’ll be shocked, shocked to know Gamble was absolutely silent when Republicans used the nuclear option to kill the filibuster for Gorsuch’s confirmation.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Way to totally own living politician FDR, really showed him

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grape posted:

I'm genuinely shocked that for all the abuses Trump lobbed at immigrants, that he never went about instituting the Australian method. The gold standard in first world immigrant cruelty.
Stephen Miller really dropped the ball.

Refugees aren't entering the USA via international waters so there's no way to tow them off to someone else's island.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I hope he's not filing 2019 this year.
Ah, a good old-fashioned weathervane where S and N can be going either way.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

You’ll be shocked, shocked to know Gamble was absolutely silent when Republicans used the nuclear option to kill the filibuster for Gorsuch’s confirmation.

Isn't the most supported change to the filibuster just requiring the Senator to actually speak when they do so instead of just announcing it?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Technowolf posted:

Isn't the most supported change to the filibuster just requiring the Senator to actually speak when they do so instead of just announcing it?
Yeah, but considering the average Senator's age that's basically the same thing.

This ain't gonna be happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Thanks for the opinion, Ben "I get my medical advice from an unaccredited opthalmologist" Garrison.

Nah, he's upset that Rand Paul also supports vaccines, so honestly I wish he was getting medical advice from an unaccredited ophthalmologist, then he'd stop being anti-vaxx.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Four years of the most openly opulent bullshit, and now you have the crying about the debt, less than three months in.

All of these hacks can choke on their tears.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Five days left to cast your votes for the Kellies!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ah yes, protesters who try to oppose logging, that famous conservative icon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday!
:kstare:

drat those progressives! They destroyed a little old lady's small business! This is a totally real thing that's worth getting upset about!

Remember that time a bunch of Nazi's tried stage a coup a few months ago? That was really no big deal. Stop over hyping such a tiny little thing! We need to focus on real problems like broken windows and graffiti!

Man imagine how awful it would be to get randomly attacked for no reason, this is something that only happens to conservatives and never LGBT people.

Wait a minute, it was established last week that the woke programming was getting bad ratings. Now everyone is super into it? Whatever, if the author doesn't care neither should I.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Man, I love shopping at Communism Inc.'s fine establishments.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So how long before Ishida just becomes openly Nazi?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sinfest Sunday!

Wait a minute, it was established last week that the woke programming was getting bad ratings. Now everyone is super into it? Whatever, if the author doesn't care neither should I.

The QShaman being some unstoppable monster is hilarious, because as soon as the cops came for him in real life he folded like a cheap deck chair, then got into the news for bitching about his dietary nonsense.

Literally the weakest, most pointless 'snowflake' poo poo, the absolute opposite of reality.

Perhaps that's why? Sinfest is making a commentary about how people view the world, instead of how it actually is?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I think Ishida just buys into the lie that every conservative and q-fool is an island of masculinity ready to take down the hated oppressors. No there are no women at insurrections, they're at home pining for their rugged husbands.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Whenever someone publicly going full Nazi succeeds, it always, always happens gradually enough that by the time people notice, it's too late to stop it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

We're watching it in real time. He even made the Q Shaman ripped and clean looking instead of his actual dad bod covered in Nazi tattoos. Gotta portray the hero correctly. And also give the actual superhero character nipple rings for some reason.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The Ishida coup is supposed to be like, "leftists/media/dems are saying the riot is much worse than it was", right? The comic's accusation is the coup is being sensationalised. But the comic has the rioters attacking police officers, which happened. And it has the rioters gunning for old women, nuns and children. But in the real world, the rioters were there to lynch the Vice President and probably would have attacked any Democrats they caught, which is a greater crime than attacking random people. The forced entry in the comic really happened. The explosions didn't - but they may have, considering police found bombs in rioters' possession

The comic's saying all the stuff that actually happened in the riot is an exaggeration? Well what did happen in the Sinfest Capitol insurrection?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Look, the Average Joe is wearing a Blue cap instead of a Red one, that's how you know that voter ID is totally something that both sides actually want.

Also lol at the Sinfest poo poo. I'm waiting for the big reveal that both sides are being played by The Devil or whoever his current "Evil Puppetmaster" is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

(the norwegian prime minister was caught hosting a birthday party with 13 guests)