Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they call em bust rodd for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
please rodd don’t bust ‘em!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

jesus christ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sexpig by night posted:

You'd think the culture critics would remember the major scene extremely early on when Vision frees someone and he instantly begins screaming and crying and begging for help until it scares Vision so much he just puts him back in Mind Hell because he has no way to help. Like, they kinda weaken it by being all 'well Wanda doesn't KNOW how bad it is for them' later but it's pretty explicit she's doing a horrible thing to a suburb's worth of randos because she can't handle her grief.
The show definitely downplays that factor except in one scene at the very end where the townspeople all give her the stink eye for a few seconds until she flies away, which isn't really enough

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FlamingLiberal posted:

The show definitely downplays that factor except in one scene at the very end where the townspeople all give her the stink eye for a few seconds until she flies away, which isn't really enough

yea true they very clearly realized early on they 100% do not want to deal with the 'wait no Wanda should be in The Raft though' element so they just...didn't.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

please rodd don’t bust ‘em!

:bustem:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1373085482586898436?s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
*stav voice* does the snyder cut show gal gadot's tits

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

crepeface posted:

*stav voice* does the snyder cut show gal gadot's tits

even better, it shows her acting chops

https://twitter.com/jacob__posts/status/1373097663491682307?s=20

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Any respectable fat man already has an affection for snyders

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

isn't snyder the one who thinks chapo are fascists

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1373104760270819330?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao “there are literally no cardiologists in Canada”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
this bad faith interview with chris hedges is great, but what does alec baldwin have to do with anime?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

It's also really funny how much it relies on you knowing about their comic relationship and all because Will's summary of their on screen relationship being all of one scene where they walk around doing the Attack of the Clones 'I love you because I know I love you because you're you' dumb poo poo and then a big CGI monster attacks and then at the end Wanda cries because Vision loses his magic brain stone. That's the relationship we see on screen.

Did they seriously make Vision's forehead gem one of the infinity gems?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm glad that someone out there is brave enough to stand up and declare that they don't like Marvel movies.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I'm glad we have the same people bravely declaring their dislike for marvel movies every 3 weeks

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
"You don't like the books, films, and other stories that shape our culture by teaching our children and us what is possible in the world and how to live; yet you notice that they exist and examine the messages they send. I am very intelligent."

Greg12 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 20, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

God this wandavision article loving sucks God drat why is this what media is now.
The part about how woke language is just used by all sides as a cudgel is something you see more and more online in right wing communities now.
In conclusion this poo poo and everything loving sucks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If it makes you feel any better popular media in the early and mid 90’s was demonstrably worse and even less substantive and even more facile than any of the dogshit garbage we’re shoveling in our mouths today and anyone who thinks otherwise is dead wrong.

It was essentially the good seasons of the Simpsons and Married w/ Children, and the rest of the week the TV may as well have been an extra toilet spilling sewage into your living room 50 hours a week.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
the 90s was when Buffy, X-files and the good Star Treks were on so that is definitely not true

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Buffy is exactly as bad as Marvel and I watched ALL OF IT (and Angel, at least 2-3 times)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

Did they seriously make Vision's forehead gem one of the infinity gems?

yea it's dumb as poo poo, somehow Ultron got Loki's staff with the gem in it and despite Ultron being a literal fully functional independent AI somehow the mind stone made Vision into one that was Double Extra Sentient???

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I need an episode deep-diving into the ideology of Sam being the only character in the entire Lord of the Rings saga that fucks

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

is there a more irritating phrase re: cultural tastes/preferences than "let people enjoy things"?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

shame on an IGA posted:

I need an episode deep-diving into the ideology of Sam being the only character in the entire Lord of the Rings saga that fucks

Aragorn fucks

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

is there a more irritating phrase re: cultural tastes/preferences than "let people enjoy things"?

They even say in the ep that its fine to enjoy this poo poo, it just shouldn't be a stand in for politics, and that the ideology in them is worth looking at. All correct points!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1373359381979467776?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I, too, have had sex.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the media: anti-asian sentiment is on the rise!!

me, an intellectual, looking at the data: naw, they just need to get laid

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The Babadook is a horror movie whose main theme was about grief, and it was better than Wanda vision.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Glenn is right about vaccines. i've been having a lot of fun telling libs I have no interest in getting the vaccine and seeing them freak out, lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dudes are turning gay

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

miniscule12 posted:

Glenn is right about vaccines. i've been having a lot of fun telling libs I have no interest in getting the vaccine and seeing them freak out, lol.

drat that sounds pretty epic

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

dudes are turning gay

Wouldn't that make them less likely to be virgins?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

miniscule12 posted:

Cool!

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

miniscule12 posted:

bet you really got them libs good

EugeneDebsWasCool fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 21, 2021

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

Wouldn't that make them less likely to be virgins?

That graph specifies zero female sex partners, which is dumb.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

WrightOfWay posted:

That graph specifies zero female sex partners, which is dumb.

Maybe it’s like unemployment numbers where if you’re no longer looking you’re not counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

miniscule12 posted:

I'm a Communist and you should get the vaccine, dumb idiot.