Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Vintersorg posted:

The chemistry on display here is off the charts. They need their own show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVa6I7_PA-8

I'm a big fan of the Vivienne's and Monet's chemistry in the I Like to Watch series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJjy-Y-Z-Pk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought Kandy's commercial was pretty funny but I was also really stoned

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Normy posted:

I thought Kandy's commercial was pretty funny but I was also really stoned

It wasn't terrible. It was a good idea but not particularly well executed, it could have been gold in the hands of someone who knew how to deliver on the premise better.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I think Kandy's commercial suffered because the narrator voice wasn't distinct from Kandy's character's onscreen voice and so it wasn't clear who was talking.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Only thing I remember about Kandy's commercial was leopard print bodysuit and milk. Coco did an ad with full body leopard print better. I'm still kind of annoyed that the judges didn't appreciate how campy that was.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I did love Kandy and the Pit Crew falling through space.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gandlethorpe posted:

Only thing I remember about Kandy's commercial was leopard print bodysuit and milk. Coco did an ad with full body leopard print better. I'm still kind of annoyed that the judges didn't appreciate how campy that was.

I mean RuAnimale by CoCo was terrible

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

angerbeet posted:

I mean RuAnimale by CoCo was terrible

Why of all things did she call it RuAnimale? It made no sense unless she was badly asskissing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Made no sense, but I live for the way she said it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah I have to admit that scene made me bust out laughing.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
Kandy has no wins and the worst runways this season, yet rupaul has given her a free pass to the top 4 for some reason?
Just crown Symone and get the season done already, put it out of its godamn misery

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think some of my frustraition with Kandy is that she when she gets a good idea she kind of does a really lazy version of it. I didn't have an issue with her commercial but having someone else really push her to take it up a notch or 4 would have absolutely helped. I think Kandy has the flip side of Utica's "desperately needs an editor to scale back" issue in that she would absolutely benefit from someone telling or pushing for more from her.

It probably won't matter much though since I would bet good money she'll kill at the roast challenge since it's exactly her speed. Unless Kandy really fucks up I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up in the top next week.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Very happy that both Symone and Rose got a win this week! Rose's runway in particular was stunning.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It probably won't matter much though since I would bet good money she'll kill at the roast challenge since it's exactly her speed. Unless Kandy really fucks up I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up in the top next week.
Yeah, I'm dreading next week because it seems likely that Kandy wins and Utica goes home. I love Utica but she is not built for these kind of performance challenges.

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 21, 2021

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I think some of my frustraition with Kandy is that she when she gets a good idea she kind of does a really lazy version of it. I didn't have an issue with her commercial but having someone else really push her to take it up a notch or 4 would have absolutely helped.

Her "is the bus still running" line was loving funny! Why it didn't make the commercial is beyond me.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I know we've passed UK2 discourse but Bimini losing Drag Race is the most shocking result in years, not counting LSFTCs. I was so sure she won.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Haha, just realized Jan finally got to appear in a winning challenge performance, which is coincidentally the type of challenge she went home for.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Shneak posted:

I know we've passed UK2 discourse but Bimini losing Drag Race is the most shocking result in years, not counting LSFTCs. I was so sure she won.

Agreed. Lawrence was my favourite from episode one, but I was astonished Bimini didn't take the crown.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
God I hate how the judges keep giving Kandy all this god drat praise. Her commercial was okay at best, but with a runway THAT bad she absolutely needed to be at the bottom. I do not understand what the judges keep seeing in her, she's hella unpleasant and can't act well at all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I rewatched the lipsync and I think I pretty much agree that Utica won the lipsync now. I wasn't sure before since Tina was definitely pulling more stunts, but in a nutshell, I think Tina was doing a lipsync performance to the background beats, while Utica was doing a performance to the main vocals. Nothing necessarily wrong with the former, but a queen doing the latter just as well as the queen doing the former wins it for me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

At first I was like, this is not Utica's song, especially not in that outfit. But the more it went on, the more I loved the juxtaposition between her spooky look/performance and a song that is the complete opposite.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I was rooting for Miss Boulash and expected her to win it, but Lawrence won me over as well. I really enjoyed his finale look.

And Tayce! Oh my God, she smashed it. What a performance. Her charisma in the talking heads and sense of humor make her a favorite of mine.

Seems fair to put Ellie in fourth, and I'm sure she will come back for an all stars season at some point. Seeing all the queens come back for the reunion was wonderful. This cast! Just an incredible cast and I'm so sad the season is over. One of my favorite seasons of drag race ever. I'll be rewatching this one for sure.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of DRUK, the audio mix for the final performance was terrible and took so much from what was otherwise a phenomenal show.

So here's this

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Speaking of DRUK, the audio mix for the final performance was terrible and took so much from what was otherwise a phenomenal show.

So here's this

Thank you!!! This did me a world of good. The original was terribly mixed.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah that audio was so distracting!

On S13, I personally would have put Gottmik and Olivia in the bottom 2 with Kandy in the bottom but safe. Very questionable judging. Also how was Symone's fursuit "elevated" couture? Utica's needed some editing like someone else said in here, but at least had interesting ideas and made me laugh, and Tina's was a little flat but reasonably funny, a safe performance imo. Whereas Gottmik's and Olivia's failed to make much of an impression on me at all. Their looks were both really cool but not enough to save them from the bottom, imo.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

A God drat Ghost posted:

Yeah that audio was so distracting!

On S13, I personally would have put Gottmik and Olivia in the bottom 2 with Kandy in the bottom but safe. Very questionable judging. Also how was Symone's fursuit "elevated" couture? Utica's needed some editing like someone else said in here, but at least had interesting ideas and made me laugh, and Tina's was a little flat but reasonably funny, a safe performance imo. Whereas Gottmik's and Olivia's failed to make much of an impression on me at all. Their looks were both really cool but not enough to save them from the bottom, imo.

That would have entailed putting Gottmik in the bottom and Ru loves Gottmik. I get the feeling the finale's gonna come down to Symone and Gottmik.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Symone and Rose feel like the top 2 frontrunners for me, and I'm not just saying it because of this episode. They were trying to do the whole winners vs losers circle storyline thing and I'm sure they want to have 1 queen from each group duking it out so to speak in the grand finale.

Gottmik (and Olivia) are definitely shoo-ins for the top 4 though.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

🎶 🎶That's what you just did 🎶🎶

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

This was my favourite bit across all of the ads and redeemed Kandy a bit for me. It’s a bit late in the season but more of that and less of whatever that runway was.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Gottmik's video was...not very funny, but I did like her physical comedy. Her splashing water in her face or tumbling over while sitting at the table got some chuckles out of me.

Meanwhile, Olivia's ad left me with a reaction of "Well...she....looks very pretty, at least!" which is how I'm feeling about her, more and more.

"Feel like pure poo poo, just want Denali back" >:|

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

A God drat Ghost posted:

And Tayce! Oh my God, she smashed it. What a performance. Her charisma in the talking heads and sense of humor make her a favorite of mine.

Ru seemed to treat Tayce like she murdered her dog or something.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

angerbeet posted:

Ru seemed to treat Tayce like she murdered her dog or something.

I know! I don't think Ru smiled once in that tic tac lunch with Tayce. I was offended last episode by the "we didn't think you'd be good but you were" lovely comments and I didn't agree with their assessment of Tayce's weaknesses in the judging this time either. She's got so much star power it's insane. She's so funny and confident and gorgeous, but she still feels warm and relatable like she doesn't take herself too seriously. Tayce is my beans on toast, love her.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

As a bi, Tayce is absolutely my dream: stunningly attractive both in and out of drag. Those eyes!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Tayce was such a joy this season, particularly towards the end and it's incredible how much she buried the lede by waiting til halfway through the last episode to say that her dad was in loving Wham!

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Yeah Tayce is aces, reminds me of Ruby Rod or cat from Red Dwarf, just like...so much style.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Yeah Tayce is aces, reminds me of Ruby Rod or cat from Red Dwarf, just like...so much style.

How nobody on Drag Race has done Ruby Rod yet is beyond me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Tia was the queen of the taking heads for me this season but the second she left i couldn't wait to see tayce talk poo poo every episode. All the girls had good talking heads actually

Anyway tayce is an honourary Aussie imo

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Tia was the queen of the taking heads for me this season but the second she left i couldn't wait to see tayce talk poo poo every episode. All the girls had good talking heads actually

This was basically it for me, I knew Tia wasn't gonna go all the way (she's still cooking i think) but she was hilarious and I enjoyed seeing her every time. I was sour on Tayce at the beginning because I thought she was just another pretty queen who thought being pretty was enough, but as things went on I really warmed up to her.
Everyone in this season was likeable! Even the "villain" editing at the end what with the whole comedy ordering thing felt forced because nobody was being enough of a shithead to warrant it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

DragRaceUK: Bing, Bang, Bong! I so wanted Bimini to win, and was initially angry. But I've come to accept Lawrence was arguably at least second most deserving and really the grand prize is not anything special. It's no $100,000. Always so much fun to see all the queens come back. Tayce is just a marvelous treat.

DragRaceUS: Extremely annoyed that Kandy was safe with that outfit. But it just seems a matter of time of chewing through the remainder of Utica, Kandy, and Tina until the top 4. So it doesn't matter too much in which order they go I guess. Top 4 has to obviously be Symone, Gottmik, Rose, and Olivia at this point with Olivia being the weakest link. Olivia really seems to be on a downward trend after a strong early showing so I think I would have preferred to swap her with Denali who was trending much better. Calling Symone's literal fursuit elevated got a good laugh out of me. Oh so we know everything about Panto but what's a fursona?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
It’s a travesty that Utica won’t make top four. Ru and the judges clearly just don’t like her despite her looks being some of the most interesting this series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
God, we are getting pretty close to the end, aren't we. I thought for sure that after how Olivia has been floundering the last few weeks since Snatch Game that for sure she wouldn't be in the top 4. But other than that, the only options to go next are Utica or Kandy.

Actually. I think there is a very good chance that Ru is planning on dragging Kandy all the way to the end.