Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I wonder if artificially intelligent lifeforms count for these purposes. Like if Vision had still been alive for the snap, could he potentially have been dusted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also what's the cut off for intelligent? Did half the dolphins go? What about gorillas? What about gorillas that know sign language? Dogs that have been trained? Especially smart cats? What's the line?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Also what's the cut off for intelligent? Did half the dolphins go? What about gorillas? What about gorillas that know sign language? Dogs that have been trained? Especially smart cats? What's the line?

Beats me. I don't make the rules. :shrug:

All I can prove is that we see tons of humans (as well as Drax, Mantis, and Groot) get ashed, but we don't see plants or animals do so. Beyond that? Couldn't tell ya. But since the D+ Marvel shows seem to be going deeper into the ramifications of "the Blip" ( :rolleyes: ) than the movies did, maybe we'll find out in F&WS or Loki or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

jng2058 posted:

I think it ended up being "Half of all Intelligent Life." Considering that the inciting event for the dude was mass starvation on Titan, it doesn't make sense for Thanos to wipe out half the universe's food at the same time as half it's intelligent population. That doesn't change anything. Consider that we never see any plants or animals ash out or come back to life. This is especially notable in Wakanda where there's grass and trees everywhere, but none of them are vanishing while half the people are.

Ehh, the reason they figure out their undoing of the snap worked is because a bunch of butterflys show up in the Avenger compound, I'm pretty sure it wasn't limited to intelligent life.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, the reason they figure out their undoing of the snap worked is because a bunch of butterflys show up in the Avenger compound, I'm pretty sure it wasn't limited to intelligent life.

Birds too.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Luckily we don't have to find out because Feige confirmed it was literally "all life" including animals and plants right here: https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1157470015139930112?s=20

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

theironjef posted:

Luckily we don't have to find out because Feige confirmed it was literally "all life" including animals and plants right here: https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1157470015139930112?s=20

Well that's just stupid. :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah my thought was that the snap would only work on the dominant species/Apex predators of the planet the way he talked about what he did to Gamora's planet but yeah eliminating half of everything is just stupid.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TwoPair posted:

Yeah my thought was that the snap would only work on the dominant species/Apex predators of the planet the way he talked about what he did to Gamora's planet but yeah eliminating half of everything is just stupid.
Again: He is not known as The Mad Titan because he's particularly angry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It turns out Thanos' plan was deranged and poorly thought out. Who knew?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Didn't Endgame have a part right after the Hulk snap that showed a bunch of bushes appear outside the base to show that?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I figured it was just animals which would gently caress up ecosystems enough but half of plant life would have made Earth uninhabitable right?

Maybe the writers realized this at the last minute and that's why it never gets mentioned.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Saw this on Twitter. Moon Knight gonna be good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMpG17aH2N-/

And the hashtag: #TheOneYouSeeComing. Yes sir.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's going to be one hell of a hallway fight

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Saw this on Twitter. Moon Knight gonna be good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMpG17aH2N-/

And the hashtag: #TheOneYouSeeComing. Yes sir.

I need to read me some fuckin Moon Knight, I can't be this hyped for a character I know nothing about. Anyone got a suggestion on trades or comps to pick up?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Warren Eillis is a loving rear end in a top hat, but his Moon Knight is really loving good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think basically every run since Ellis has been good too.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://twitter.com/KnightEdgeMedia/status/1373461890718969857

That makes... basically all of the young Avengers confirmed, right? Iron Lad's kind of hard to pin down, but all the ingredients to whip him up do exist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Moon Knight volume from 2014 is great all the way through. Two of the writers during that run are people who should not be in the industry anymore but the comics are undeniably good. The 2016 run by Jeff Lemire is my favorite run of the character. And of course the original run is a classic.

OnimaruXLR posted:

That makes... basically all of the young Avengers confirmed, right? Iron Lad's kind of hard to pin down, but all the ingredients to whip him up do exist.

I mean Wiccan and Speed technically have been introduced yeah. No Hulkling though.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Oh yeah, you'd probably have to touch on Kree/Skrull politics to bring in Hulkling, which sounds like a Captain Marvel 2 and/or Secret Invasion deal

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Was the kid that Tony hung out with in IM3 a tech dweeb as well? If Tony left some Iron Man junk in the garage, the kid could have started tinkering.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow sucks that he became a supervillain but also it's Tony so checks out

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

OnimaruXLR posted:

Following the links, it seems that while it's confirmed he's cast in the show, it's not confirmed he's Eli.

So it's basically almost completely confirmed, just not completely confirmed. But it's...basically essentially confirmed. :buddy:

And yeah, Young Avengers is for sure happening at this point. The writing isn't just on the wall, it's plastered all over the room.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Edit:^^^^^ Oh ok I get it now.

OnimaruXLR posted:

So I'm very hyped of course but why do they do this? Like it's not some major plot twist(well it probably will be) reveal that they'd need to keep his casting a secret but it's also not a character that a casting announcement is necessary for publicity. Like we're days, maybe a couple weeks, away now so why not just let it be a surprise?

Either way I'm excited for the Bradley family to be a part of this and hope the writers don't pull any punches. This plus the credits Easter eggs about refugees and border security makes it seem like maybe they won't make millenial activism the enemy after all. Here's hoping.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Edit:^^^^^ Oh ok I get it now.

So I'm very hyped of course but why do they do this? Like it's not some major plot twist(well it probably will be) reveal that they'd need to keep his casting a secret but it's also not a character that a casting announcement is necessary for publicity. Like we're days, maybe a couple weeks, away now so why not just let it be a surprise?
From the article it sounds like he showed up on the MDB cast list as Patriot in January but was pulled, but now his talent agency is confirming he's in it but not his character. So I guess Marvel/Disney wanted to keep it secret but the Agency wants to capitalize on it? Given what we've seen with actors denying involvement in MCU films before its possible they couldn't say anything until after the show debuted? Or something? I dunno. But it doesn't look like Disney is purposely giving away the surprise.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The credits had a picture of Carl Lumbly, who is surely playing Isaiah Bradley. So this isn't a surprise, but yeah, it's not an actual confirmation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If Isaiah is really in this then I'm just gonna count on it being the most weak willed poo poo because there's no way disney is gonna let it get close to truth: red white and Black

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there some sort of weird rights thing that kept Patriot from appearing in comics? Guess that got worked out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

If Isaiah is really in this then I'm just gonna count on it being the most weak willed poo poo because there's no way disney is gonna let it get close to truth: red white and Black

I think judging by the first episode, that the government forcing testing serums on black men and not caring about the results would fit into the show's themes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The one Flag Smasher appeared to be enhanced, maybe they're using a KO super soldier serum.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't know anything about the Power Broker but it looks like that's who they're using.

site posted:

My fear/guess is that they'll just make the events of his story take place after Cap went in the ice, which I guess is pulling half a punch? I'm going to stay optimistic about this one though because now a days saying "we used to be horrible" is easier than saying "capitalism might not be perfect"

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 21, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

The head writer is on record as saying Truth is one of the things they drew from when writing the show. My guess is they'll change it to be an attempt to recreate the super soldier serum after Erskine died, and not have them be unwilling beta testers for Steve. Which on the face of things doesn't line up with Erskine's insistence that they be very selective about who gets the serum, but as I think about it more, maybe he had more than a sample size of Schmidt when he was talking to Steve about how the serum amplifies the recipient's inherent nature.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't know anything about the Power Broker but it looks like that's who they're using.

Didn't they sort of use him in Luke Cage?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

God, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to be a season of Bucky being sad in chinese restaurants and Sam applying for loans, isn't it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No no, you just have to pay attention for the way they're definitely totally gonna reveal mutants in the series.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

The one Flag Smasher appeared to be enhanced, maybe they're using a KO super soldier serum.

That's how we got The Abomination!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Maybe someone got a hold of Steve's urine and made more serum.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

No no, you just have to pay attention for the way they're definitely totally gonna reveal mutants in the series.

It'd be hilarious if they actually did that out of the blue when no one expected it, though.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I really can't believe they didn't decide the super soldier serum was a juice distilled from an infinity stone given how many other things became infinity stone related in the MCU. unless they did in a two minute short film on the Iron Man 2 DVD special features or something. it would play well with the MCU being heavily Ultimate universe flavored and the Ultimate universe used "botched attempt to replicate the super soldier serum" as the backstory for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Would be too bad if they did the full Truth storyline after Evans had left. If I were an actor I'd be hugely disappointed if I couldn't be part of that as Cap.