Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol well thanks for letting me save anywhere so I could happily jump to my death seeing if there was a secret down there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Was looking how much I could get for my copy of Disaster report 4 and I didn't realize that copys are expensive right now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games like that generally have very limited physical print runs so discs tend to go up in price instead of down.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fit em all up in there posted:

Was looking how much I could get for my copy of Disaster report 4 and I didn't realize that copys are expensive right now

Is it worth playing at all?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Okay one hour into Uncharted 2 and it's already a huge improvement on UC1 just in general movement and presentation

Also the love interest this time is the same VA as Morrigan from Dragon Age, my original video game waifu :waycool:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it worth playing at all?
Going by a playthrough of it that I watched on Youtube, not really. It's at best a solid 60/100 game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm sort of curious about Dragonballz Kakarot. I've never watched the show and definitely have a empty spot in my pop culture knowledge. I've heard that the game is a retelling of the whole saga. Could someone give me a bit of info on how this works? Is the game any good?

Thanks.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sort of curious about Dragonballz Kakarot. I've never watched the show and definitely have a empty spot in my pop culture knowledge. I've heard that the game is a retelling of the whole saga. Could someone give me a bit of info on how this works? Is the game any good?

Thanks.
It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like: the game is incredibly long and basically an abridged version of every major event and story arc from the beginning of Dragonball Z to the end of the Buu saga. The characters will age and grow stronger between seasons and basically everything except for the fights themselves has been recreated in the form of in-game cutscenes. When you aren't fighting, you're exploring this semi-open-world full of collectibles and crafting materials (mostly for cooking, which gives buffs.) Aside from that, it's a pretty standard brawler, just with flight and tons of DBZ style energy attacks on top.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So if I played it I'd have some idea what the hell is up with everyone wanting to suck goku's dick?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay one hour into Uncharted 2 and it's already a huge improvement on UC1 just in general movement and presentation

The first hour of Uncharted 2 has instant-fail stealth sections so it is legitimately the worst segment of the entire series

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

So if I played it I'd have some idea what the hell is up with everyone wanting to suck goku's dick?
Pretty much? At least the broad strokes of it. It doesn't cover anything from the series Dragon Ball (without a Z), which is basically everything that happens before the starting point of the game, but nobody really cares very much about that one anyway. All the meme stuff is from DBZ, so you're good on that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Sssssssssort of, it Goku’s story actually begins with his own show, Dragonball, which is about he crashes to Earth in a spaceship and becomes a powerful magic monkey ninja. Dragonball Z picks up long after the events of Dragonball, after he’s married and had his first kid. All you need to know is that Goku is an alien from another planet and spent his childhood training with his best friend Krillin and the game should take you from there through all of his biggest battles.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There's 2 series? :psyduck:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The first hour of Uncharted 2 has instant-fail stealth sections so it is legitimately the worst segment of the entire series

even best game of the previous generation X-Men Origins: Wolverine had one of these so I forgive it :colbert:

also it's extremely easy

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes. The first one is arguably the better one, because it leans a lot less heavily into the whole "scream and shout at each other for three episodes to power up" shonen anime clichés.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cardiovorax posted:

Going by a playthrough of it that I watched on Youtube, not really. It's at best a solid 60/100 game.

Why didn’t you just say 6/10? Do people actually do this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Dragonball is the story of Goku coming to Earth and learning the lore of the planet and its gods, like the dragons and stuff. This ran from 86-89 in Japan.

Dragonball Z is Goku’s ascent from “some guy” to “the ultimate warrior”. This was basically American teens first major exposure to anime, and almost all of that was mid-to-late 90’s Toonami blocks

Dragonball GT was like a soft reboot attempt at making like a lovely kids show version of Z and was so universally reviled that it was decannonized. It ran for 2 seasons in 97-98, but didn’t come to America for like a decade.

Dragon Z Super is the direct sequel to Z that people actually kind of wanted, and I believe is still currently running.

Edit: there’s also like 7 movies, which are usually between 60-80 minutes in length and tell some cool stories

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Please only rate games using the official GamePro scale.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just habit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Personally I'd be waffling between a 6/10 and a 6.1/10

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's more of a 605 out of 1000

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

Dragonball is the story of Goku coming to Earth and learning the lore of the planet and its gods, like the dragons and stuff. This ran from 86-89 in Japan.

Dragonball Z is Goku’s ascent from “some guy” to “the ultimate warrior”. This was basically American teens first major exposure to anime, and almost all of that was mid-to-late 90’s Toonami blocks

Dragonball GT was like a soft reboot attempt at making like a lovely kids show version of Z and was so universally reviled that it was decannonized. It ran for 2 seasons in 97-98, but didn’t come to America for like a decade.

Dragon Z Super is the direct sequel to Z that people actually kind of wanted, and I believe is still currently running.

Edit: there’s also like 7 movies, which are usually between 60-80 minutes in length and tell some cool stories

Thanks. So the game is just a summation of DZ with a bunch of mediocre game play thrown in. Hmm...Seems like a $10 game then. Maybe.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Thanks. So the game is just a summation of DZ with a bunch of mediocre game play thrown in. Hmm...Seems like a $10 game then. Maybe.
Yeah, tops. It's definitely the kind of game that was made by fans for fans. If you don't care about what's going on, you'll get bored before you're halfway through, because I think the game is legitimately something like 30-40 hours long.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, tops. It's definitely the kind of game that was made by fans for fans.

Yeah what DBZ fans need is definitely Yet Another retelling of the DBZ sagas.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I got into the Rust beta; I'm pretty sure everyone who applied did. Are there any ps4 rust goon groups?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sammus posted:

I got into the Rust beta; I'm pretty sure everyone who applied did. Are there any ps4 rust goon groups?

Not for much longer!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I'd like to switch over to playing Rocket League on my PS4 Pro rather than my PC, but the lack of paddles on the back of the DS4 is a bit of a sticking point for me (spoiled by my Steam controller).

Anyone have experience with the Sony back button add-on, or any of the cheap Chinese ones? I've had a bit of an eye out for a Nacon secondhand locally but I don't want to spend a tonne of money on what's really just the minor convenience of not having to boot up Steam and connect my TV to the computer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I'd like to switch over to playing Rocket League on my PS4 Pro rather than my PC, but the lack of paddles on the back of the DS4 is a bit of a sticking point for me (spoiled by my Steam controller).

Anyone have experience with the Sony back button add-on, or any of the cheap Chinese ones? I've had a bit of an eye out for a Nacon secondhand locally but I don't want to spend a tonne of money on what's really just the minor convenience of not having to boot up Steam and connect my TV to the computer.

The official back button add-on is legit good by all accounts.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah what DBZ fans need is definitely Yet Another retelling of the DBZ sagas.

There are moments in DBZ that I could legit watch over and over until the end of time and still find dope. But experiencing every little moment between them? Often enjoyable but definitely not necessary.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Waltzing Along posted:

There's really no good reason to get into DBZ in your adult life, even if it's just trying to understand people who were into it when they were teenagers.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I meant that more in the sense that it clearly wasn't developed with any eye towards having any real appeal to people who aren't DBZ fans. Other than that, it just doesn't really a lot going for it as a game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aren't making beam struggles in Kakaraot a pain in the rear end too?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, I meant that more in the sense that it clearly wasn't developed with any eye towards having any real appeal to people who aren't DBZ fans. Other than that, it just doesn't really a lot going for it as a game.

Asked and answered, I'd say.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yess killed the chained ogre. Was that a boss or a miniboss? I cant tell. Fog gates seem to be behind the tough fights in this game and not in front of them??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Yess killed the chained ogre. Was that a boss or a miniboss? I cant tell. Fog gates seem to be behind the tough fights in this game and not in front of them??

It's a mini-boss.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Did you find the blind lady so you could grab the bell?

Did you find the crow vendor so you could buy fireworks?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Found the blind lady. Havent found a crow vendor, theres another merchant near the chained ogre but he doesn't sell fireworks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Found the blind lady. Havent found a crow vendor, theres another merchant near the chained ogre but he doesn't sell fireworks

On top of a hill near blind lady is the crow mob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Next story area is past the Ogre, but you can also use the bell to go to a large side area.