Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
gently caress me 45 seconds into the ferrari ep and its the most uncomfortable thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

red car slow

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Pacinamac posted:

Lance's Dad seems pretty hardcore, looks like he means business.

We should ask Jeffery Epstein just how hardcore Lawrence Stroll is

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Khablam posted:

The ferrari episode owned.

When Leclerc hits the wall in Monza they hold the shot that shows DRIVE in massive letters then immediately cut to a cgi Heineken billboard that says RESPONSIBLY for just a little too long to be a coincidence

:discourse:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Did you all spot the literal Ferrari bin man?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
The editing is so good. Just finished the Haas/Gunther episode.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

learnincurve posted:

Did you all spot the literal Ferrari bin man?

You mean the bit where she goes "heres seb now" and the camera swings round to a guy wheeling a bin before eventually finding seb at the back of a shot? Because that rules.

Thanks Ants posted:

I wish they'd find a way to narrate things without doing fake commentary

Its really bad, but also I've been watching with subtitles and Brundle keeps coming as up as "commentator #4" which makes me laugh.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I had subtitles on for the second season that I finished catching up on earlier, and very often the subtitles were just different words to what the people were saying. Is that an issue in this season as well?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

I had subtitles on for the second season that I finished catching up on earlier, and very often the subtitles were just different words to what the people were saying. Is that an issue in this season as well?

Yeah it is, they always were the same sentiment, but the actual words were different all over the place.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

I've noticed a couple of times where words are changed to synonyms, but I've not seen it actually change the meaning of what people are saying.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Biggest lol so far is how much they praise Albon in the first few times he is mentioned. (I like Albon FYI but jfc did RBR pressure him).

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I liked the random unmotivated closeup in the Haas episode of the team overalls with the prominent Uralkali logo, even though it was ages at that point before Meatspin would be announced. Foreshadowing!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

They ignored Williams didn't they.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There's two minutes where they interview Claire about stepping down, but that's all.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I've noticed a couple of times where words are changed to synonyms, but I've not seen it actually change the meaning of what people are saying.

The second season subtitles had quite a lot of the person doing the subtitles not understanding F1 terms and putting in something that sounded similar but didn’t make sense in the context, and also mishearing Cyril quite a lot.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Oh this Lando/Carlos episode. :yikes:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
All done. I loved it. I’m so excited for next weekend.

:cheers:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Pragmatica posted:

All done. I loved it. I’m so excited for next weekend.

:cheers:

I'm watching the entire lot in one go too, will be caught up shortly :)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

watching the haasless chaps episode and lol at steiner just eating bowl after bowl of poo poo from every direction

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Zedd posted:

Biggest lol so far is how much they praise Albon in the first few times he is mentioned. (I like Albon FYI but jfc did RBR pressure him).

I know he's kind of a poo poo driver, but I felt so bad for Albon over the course of the show. He just starts looking more and more broken every time they show him. He was not ready and Red bull ruins drivers. Kinda sucks he won't get to rub a win in their face the way Gasly did.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Yeah, Albon seemed like a nice guy, which is probably part of why RB canned him. They want either winners or ruthless hungry bastards (or both), and he wasn't being aggressive enough on track in what should have been the second-fastest car.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Payndz posted:

Yeah, Albon seemed like a nice guy, which is probably part of why RB canned him. They want either winners or ruthless hungry bastards (or both), and he wasn't being aggressive enough on track in what should have been the second-fastest car.

Every time Albon was aggressive and it was working for him Hamilton would take him out

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Most drivers are at least a bit of an arsehole so you can take seeing them knocked down a notch, but I feel like Albon comes across as just genuinely quite nice so it's a bit like seeing a puppy get kicked to death.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rinkles posted:

I was gonna ask, I know F1 has always been a rich kid's sport, but how recent is the trend of daddies literally buying their sons seats or even their entire teams?

Buying seats, loving forever.

Buying teams, not so much. But way back in the day when things were simpler, the failsons simply set up a team from scratch with daddy's money instead.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Spark Sport gets me the whole season (and F2, F3, MotoGP, WRC and non-motorsports) for NZ$25/mo (about 13 quid) :smuggo:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ilmucche posted:

Every time Albon was aggressive and it was working for him Hamilton would take him out
DTS3 reminded me how many unforced dumbass errors Hamilton made in 2020 (entering a closed pitlane, ignoring a yellow, that absolutely bizarre practice start), yet he still easily won the championship. Truly he is #blessed.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Payndz posted:

DTS3 reminded me how many unforced dumbass errors Hamilton made in 2020 (entering a closed pitlane, ignoring a yellow, that absolutely bizarre practice start), yet he still easily won the championship. Truly he is #blessed.

Seeing the pit stop block again really made me question the received wisdom that bono is a good engineer

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
Maybe I am completely retarded but this doesn't make sense. I live in Indonesia so the price is insanely low, but its not clear if the $19.99 per month sub shows the live races???

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Phone posted:

It’s racist that they always put subtitles for Cyril.

its because Americans are dumb whiny babies who get upset if someone doesn't speak english like a news caster

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Pacinamac posted:

Maybe I am completely retarded but this doesn't make sense. I live in Indonesia so the price is insanely low, but its not clear if the $19.99 per month sub shows the live races???

It's $19.99 per year. And it doesn't, it says "relieve the best of F1 history." You get live timing + old races.

I just checked if Taiwan's plan has updated (it hasn't, it's the same deal as yours). F1's rights were with Fox Sports Asia through 2022, which meant we couldn't watch current races on F1TV. However, Fox Sports decided to exit the market at the end of last year, so... I guess it's just impossible to legitimately watch it here? Cool.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

Buying seats, loving forever.

Buying teams, not so much. But way back in the day when things were simpler, the failsons simply set up a team from scratch with daddy's money instead.

lord hesketh wasnt a failson

everyone looked loving misserable on the ferrari ep

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Zeta Acosta posted:

lord hesketh wasnt a failson

everyone looked loving misserable on the ferrari ep

Imagine how sad they'd be if the team had faced consequences for their cheating beyond 'stop cheating now please'

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
they didnt cheat and their engine was fine

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Dts3 was ok, but so full of missed opportunities. No mention of BLM, no mention of Russel, no slow mo of max going into walls, hardly any mention of covid, despite the world champion getting it. Almost no mention of the engineering. It's pretty much brrrr car go fast the documentary. And because all the on track action is shown cut together there is barely any of the actual w2w stuff that was actually happening.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
it's still a kind of bad series with annoying fake commentary, way too much will buxton, and semi- to wholly-invented "plotlines" but it's also something to watch during the offseason of this dead gay sport we all hate

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Any F1 based program that deliberately cuts Crofty and Brundle out is by default amazing

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Zeta Acosta posted:

they didnt cheat and their engine was fine

/

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

learnincurve posted:

Any F1 based program that deliberately cuts Crofty and Brundle out is by default amazing

Except then they cut Buxton in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why is every episode about red bull now