Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"Straight outta Endor" :dogwhistle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

By popular demand posted:

So how long before Ishida just becomes openly Nazi?

Before?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
YOU LITERALLY MADE THIS CHARACTER A PIG IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HE WAS ALSO METAPHORICALLY A PIG. He's not a pig just by coincidence! Or just for no reason! There generally aren't other random cartoon animals walking around! You made a pig because he's a pig and now decades later you are so up your own rear end you've flipped completely and are trying to make that connection from a harmless gag to some navel-gazing statement on wokeness. gently caress you! You've failed at both political commentary AND visual metaphor!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Does Ishida live in the states or is he like Antman?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
"The Ewoks were the bad guys, right?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dude probably flexed his biceps in the mirror after drawing this, how badly he had owned the libs.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This rant physically aged me at least a year. Jesus christ he's so dumb.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vib Rib posted:

YOU LITERALLY MADE THIS CHARACTER A PIG IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE HE WAS ALSO METAPHORICALLY A PIG. He's not a pig just by coincidence! Or just for no reason! There generally aren't other random cartoon animals walking around! You made a pig because he's a pig and now decades later you are so up your own rear end you've flipped completely and are trying to make that connection from a harmless gag to some navel-gazing statement on wokeness. gently caress you! You've failed at both political commentary AND visual metaphor!

What's even the point of the strip? "Oh you progressives feel so smart and cool calling cops pigs, but what if there were a hypothetical race of sentient pig creatures who could get offended by your slogans? Who is the real bigot now, huh?"

Is that literally it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Me seeing Care Bears spray painting All Cops Are Bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E80-Ds9Fkg

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, pigs are gentle and intelligent creatures and I feel one does them a disservice by comparing something as distasteful as cops to them. Same for rats, weasels, and whatever other "insidious" animals arbitrarily are used to describe a person as unsympathetic.

Ishida is not saying this; I'm pretty sure he's just saying "this is a loving weird thing to say if you look at it through the filter of my rear end in a top hat."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/huxijin_gt/status/1372815820590436355?s=21

does this count as a political cartoon lol

glad to know the global times sees china as mao cap-wearing bunnies who... slap their asses?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Boris 'I'm still a bumbling charlatan' Johnson – Incompetence elsewhere in Europe can’t hide the prime minister’s ineptitude"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

How a surge of Covid cases in India hit the UK's vaccine supply

Sunday Times:

Paris to enter four-week lockdown as France faces third Covid wave

Mail on Sunday:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I have to imagine he went full chud the second Biden did anything positive regarding trans women (trans men? What’s that?).

terfs, particularly terfy men, are perfectly fine with women becoming second-class citizens again so long as trans women stop existing.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Vib Rib posted:

"You guys all talking poo poo about the year 2020 are actually misogynists cuz I anthropomorphized it as a lady" Part II, except way dumber somehow.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Every time I see one of your Sinfest posts, I check the forums, just to see what's going on over there. (It's usually almost nothing.)

The only comment on this strip is from the most frequent poster on the forums, a TERF who's absolutely convinced that Ishida is a liberal and that if you think the strip has conservative leanings at all, you're just reading it badly. She believes that we're not supposed to sympathize with the pig here - that we're supposed to laugh at him being upset because obviously he's in the wrong.

(She hasn't commented on the "insurrection" or "Ewok" strips, I imagine because there isn't a way to read them in the way she wants to.)

Anyway, today's crop:

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Al "You gotta give me the shoe" Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Michael Ramirez

Gary Varvel

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Every time I see one of your Sinfest posts, I check the forums, just to see what's going on over there. (It's usually almost nothing.)

The only comment on this strip is from the most frequent poster on the forums, a TERF who's absolutely convinced that Ishida is a liberal and that if you think the strip has conservative leanings at all, you're just reading it badly. She believes that we're not supposed to sympathize with the pig here - that we're supposed to laugh at him being upset because obviously he's in the wrong.

(She hasn't commented on the "insurrection" or "Ewok" strips, I imagine because there isn't a way to read them in the way she wants to.)

Anyway, today's crop:

Clay Bennett

This is a pretty good caricature from Bennett. I think we should do more recognizing the good politoons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Do non-gullible evangelicals even exist?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I know the answer is "sexism" but the "Harris is eagerly waiting for Biden to die" takes are just bizarre and clearly the opposite of reality. Sure it's only been two months but I can't think of anything Harris has done that could even remotely be considered pursing an independent agenda or preparing for her own eventual run and by all insider accounts that I've read has pretty much been the model loyal veep.

Slightly related but I was also just thinking of how after the first primary debate when she called him out on busing there were a bunch of "well so much for any future Biden/Harris ticket, huh?" takes.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Nenonen posted:

No

Also I like the implication that taxes are a religious issue

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Nenonen posted:

If they weren't gullible, they wouldn't be evangelicals.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kit Walker posted:

Also I like the implication that taxes are a religious issue

Have you forgotten Christ's central tenet, "Render unto Caesar nothing, and Molon Labe bitches!!!"?

In a way, they are the exact opposite of Quakers who struggled with fitting together the Bible's text and their resistance to paying war taxes. They saw the solution as willingness to pay taxes that covered civilian administration etc. but refusal to pay taxes that paid for killing men. Evangelicals would much rather pay only taxes that covered armed forces and nothing else.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 21, 2021

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Whenever I heard Molon Labe I think melon baller

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Here's the thing people forget about that motto: The persians did in fact get them.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Whenever I heard Molon Labe I think melon baller

It sounds like part of a vagina.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Moron label works, too.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
moron lube

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Moron Label works great.
Like Remember the Alamo, because I have no idea of historical context and I'll need an explanation.
Or even Deus Vult is a thing unwashed uneducated peasants shouted while committing hate crimes.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 21, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

And how was Trump more Godly? No, please, explain in what ways Trump better followed the teachings of Christ.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He hated women and their rights.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And how was Trump more Godly? No, please, explain in what ways Trump better followed the teachings of Christ.

He was cruel to everyone who wasn't a white, straight man, which is all evangelicals really want in a leader.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah, this is a natural part of the journey of Turning Conservative Rather Than Getting Over Your Prejudices.

She's at step 1: denying you're on the same side as the conservatives. "Stop assuming everyone who isn't onboard with the Gay Agenda is automatically a conservative, it's just a coincidence that they pretty much all sound exactly like Rush Limbaugh!"
Step 2: Denying the other side is even liberal. "They're just as intolerant and controlling as conservatives because they won't tolerate my intolerances/both sides are bad/I'm the only true principled classical liberal on earth anymore/etc". Sinfest was mostly this until recently.
Step 3: Openly siding with conservatives on everything while still claiming not to be one: "I disagree with what they say, but the tyrannical woke mob is attacking Christianity and men and biblical marriage and traditional womanhood and businessmen and billionaires etc, conservatives are the victims here! If I don't stand up for them no one will" Sinfest is doing this now.
Step 4: Accepting Supply Side Jesus as your Lord and Savior and just becoming a loving conservative because you can't handle even the possibility that someone in the women's bathroom might be peeing out of different bits or whatever your particular bigotry is

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 21, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Trump opposed Planned Parenthood, is really the only one I can come up with. At the very least, it's the only thing Trump did that you can kind of sort of interpret as being in line with the teachings of Christ (of course Planned Parenthood does much more than abortions, and I'm not saying Jesus ever opposed abortion because it wasn't that much of a thing back then, but if you start with the premise "Jesus would probably rather a baby be born than the pregnancy terminated early" and "Planned Parenthood sometimes does abortions" then you can interpret Trump's opposition as Christian).

VitalSigns posted:

She's at step 1: denying you're on the same side as the conservatives. "Stop assuming everyone who isn't onboard with the Gay Agenda is automatically a conservative, it's just a coincidence that they pretty much all sound exactly like Rush Limbaugh!"

Yeah, some people who oppose the Gay Agenda do it because gays getting married makes them less cool and counterculture, plus it's a plot by straight people to turn them straight.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

He fell the opposite way you idiot. He slipped going up, he didn't fall down it, dumbass!

Also I've fallen like that hurrying up stairs like that and I'm 30.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Whenever I’m subjected to my father talking he will bring up conservative talking points and why he supports trump. His words on the matter are that trump says god in speeches sometimes and acknowledges him and that’s why he is a holy man. Internally I’m pretty sure that’s as paper thin to him as it is to everyone else. Outrage politics breaks people’s brains and makes them co-opt their values to support the propaganda. Folks will sacrifice and cheapen their values to defend what this propaganda has taught them.

Evangelical leaders are absolutely in on the grift, that’s why they have the money. Followers fall for the temptation of protecting all their doubts and insecurities with fascism.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

E:
:effort:

E2:
less lovely

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 21, 2021

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Blind Duke posted:

Whenever I’m subjected to my father talking he will bring up conservative talking points and why he supports trump. His words on the matter are that trump says god in speeches sometimes and acknowledges him and that’s why he is a holy man. Internally I’m pretty sure that’s as paper thin to him as it is to everyone else. Outrage politics breaks people’s brains and makes them co-opt their values to support the propaganda. Folks will sacrifice and cheapen their values to defend what this propaganda has taught them.

Evangelical leaders are absolutely in on the grift, that’s why they have the money. Followers fall for the temptation of protecting all their doubts and insecurities with fascism.

But he doesn't mention god in speeches all that much. He hardly ever does. He's never quoted the bible, he doesn't even know the books in it(2 Corinthians). Biden's quoted the bible more times as his time as president than Trump did after 4 years.

It's not just a matter of it being thin, it's a matter of it not being there. The veneer is gone, Trump didn't bother to try to keep it up. It's all being on the other side of the outrage, cause there's not a principle there anymore.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Sleepy Bear represents the yet unrealized power of class solidarity, that can shake history when awoken. A Good Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Welcome to Crazystan: Minneapolis has a new autonomous zone called “George Floyd Square” and no police are allowed.

Looks like one of the five different sites Branco does poo poo for is a Minnesota specific thing.