Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

How do the mods know they’ve reregistered? Is it an IP thing?

I know that a lot of the times the person outs themselves with the way they post or whatever but how’d they know it was him in this case? One post and they knew?

I assume it's the IP thing. Makes me wonder why someone would spend so much money re-registering but not getting a VNC VPN. what's a VNC?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

The increase in magnesium isn't helping much either.

Wait, I thought magnesium was really only important in regulating heart rate and renal functions, or something like that. It has an impact on mental faculties? (I'm taking 600mg of mag ox 1x daily.)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joey Freshwater posted:

How do the mods know they’ve reregistered? Is it an IP thing?

I know that a lot of the times the person outs themselves with the way they post or whatever but how’d they know it was him in this case? One post and they knew?

There's an admin tool that can be used. Mods do not have access. I believe its more than just IP based. Details of exactly how it works have never been publicly posted to my knowledge.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Skwirl posted:

I assume it's the IP thing. Makes me wonder why someone would spend so much money re-registering but not getting a VNC VPN. what's a VNC?

VNC is a way to view the screen of other computers on your network. For example I take care of grocery stores so I'll log into their main computer using LogMeIn and then on the main pc use VNC to get into the registers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

Wait, I thought magnesium was really only important in regulating heart rate and renal functions, or something like that. It has an impact on mental faculties? (I'm taking 600mg of mag ox 1x daily.)

It does, in pregnant women its a way to reduce the seizure risk (as well as delay/slow labor) in cases of preeclampsia. People find they have a foggy feeling, however they are typically get a large dose IV compared to your oral, but it still doesn't help!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's an admin tool that can be used. Mods do not have access. I believe its more than just IP based. Details of exactly how it works have never been publicly posted to my knowledge.

Older versions of vBulletin, as I recall, check duals based on IP addresses. They deprecated that with vBulletin 5 because strict IP checking leads to a poo poo-ton of false positives. While the forums here run on vB 2.something, the forums code has been Frankensteined so many times I have no idea what sort of custom tools have been developed and implemented, but I would assume at the very least the admins can check via cookies, as opposed to strictly IP addresses.

swickles posted:

It does, in pregnant women its a way to reduce the seizure risk (as well as delay/slow labor) in cases of preeclampsia. People find they have a foggy feeling, however they are typically get a large dose IV compared to your oral, but it still doesn't help!

This is really good to know. My mag levels tend to run low and I usually wind up getting an IV infusion any time I'm in the hospital, and the increase in my fogginess has coincided with my increased dose. I'm also still on Lasix, and I know magnesium is excreted through urine, so I'm sure that's messing up some stuff, as well. I'll mention this to my doctor at my next appointment, thank you. :)

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 22, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Basically this, not only do we not have access to the evidence locker the admins use, they don't even explain how it works or what it is. For obvious reasons.

That said, 95% of the time it's the user posting exactly the characteristic way that user always posts that gets a mod going "hey is this seraph again lol." Most of the eternally-rebuying-their-accounts permabanned users are also extremely predictable morons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

420_Power_Rangers posted:

It's been a hell of a week, folks. On Monday, i had a vasectomy (3 kids is enough, thank you) and was laid up for a few days. This morning, i wake up feeling almost back to normal. It's a beautiful day, i was gonna get some stuff done outside, and just generally hang out in the nice weather.

As i'm walking downstairs, i misstep, my foot flys out beneath me, and in trying to brace myself, i hear a snap in my hand and immediate pain. Go to the ER, fractured a metatarsal in my right hand. Thankfully it was clean. They were able to get the bone lined back up with traction, now i have to call an ortho tomorrow to get my cast.

Still managed to change my mailbox with help from my son, at least.

Serious question, did you plan your vasectomy to coincide with March Madness?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Skwirl posted:

I'm more concerned with how a footbone ended up in his hand!!:v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, any excuse to make a shooting blanks like the Fighting Illini caliber joke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why has a better method of male birth control not been invented yet. What is science doing if not catering to our sexual desires.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why has a better method of male birth control not been invented yet. What is science doing if not catering to our sexual desires.

Birth control for women is either hormones that wreck their body's natural systems or implants that gently caress up said systems.

Male hormones that inhibit sperm production are also going to inhibit testosterone and other such hormones that guys need. There is no equivalent of an IUD.

Vasectomies are quick and simple, though. Fifteen minutes and you're done.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's a study that using female hormones helps protect against the ravages of covid, so that's one way to kill two birds with one stone.*

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/study-progesterone-therapy-might-improve-covid-19-outcomes-for-men/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

lol this was RG3

also i love browing the perma list sometimes

that's one way to spend 100 bucks

His original perma from like ten years ago was in some way related to his owning nearly a hundred bitcoin iirc so he's probably fine

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

He misheard that it was time to cut the nets, and welp.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why has a better method of male birth control not been invented yet.

It's called C-SPAM

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

If any of you are looking for an amazing hot sauce that is not that hot but loving smoky and slightly sweet and amazing, may I suggest Ancho & Morita:

https://heatonist.com/products/humble-house-ancho-morita?variant=378310524937

Silly Burrito posted:

He misheard that it was time to cut the nets, and welp.

One Shining Moment as the scalpel fell

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

His original perma from like ten years ago was in some way related to his owning nearly a hundred bitcoin iirc so he's probably fine

Hopefully he sold when it plateaued at like $25 bucks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

BrownThunder posted:

It's called C-SPAM

Bloody brilliant!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mr. Nice! posted:

Birth control for women is either hormones that wreck their body's natural systems or implants that gently caress up said systems.

Male hormones that inhibit sperm production are also going to inhibit testosterone and other such hormones that guys need. There is no equivalent of an IUD.

Vasectomies are quick and simple, though. Fifteen minutes and you're done.

Don't new drugs need to prove that they can make a persons life better and not worse for FDA approval? Like you could theoretically prescribe women hormonal BC to lessen menstrual cramps but a male hormonal pill doesn't do anything other than cause side effects (and prevent babies, but that's a feature not a bug?).

Reverse vasectomies have a 50:50 success rate within the first year, and chances plummet after that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

An extremely gnarly injury

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1373768318058905603?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Don't new drugs need to prove that they can make a persons life better and not worse for FDA approval? Like you could theoretically prescribe women hormonal BC to lessen menstrual cramps but a male hormonal pill doesn't do anything other than cause side effects (and prevent babies, but that's a feature not a bug?).

Reverse vasectomies have a 50:50 success rate within the first year, and chances plummet after that

I dunno what the process is for approving drugs. I just know there isn't an effective male hormonal birth control.

One should not get a vasectomy unless they plan on never having another kid. Treat them as a one way thing. That's not all bad. If you want kids later, adopt. There are plenty of kids that need a home.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

There's a study that using female hormones helps protect against the ravages of covid, so that's one way to kill two birds with one stone.*

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/study-progesterone-therapy-might-improve-covid-19-outcomes-for-men/

All this does is make me laugh harder at the internet freaks who refuse to eat anything with soy product in it because it saps them of their virulent masculinity.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Timby posted:

Was he the guy who tried to rape a friend of his but then said it wouldn't have been rape because she was still semi-conscious and would have consented, but her friends rescued her from him? I forget his whole bizarre saga.

I think he also worked at a bar in South Carolina and would frequently talk about whether or not his co-workers were "down," or something like that.

I believe she was very drunk and saved by her friend, and his excuse was it was cool because they had hooked up once before.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I watched the first Falcon & Bucky episode and it was pretty good. Digging it more than Wandavision which was just fine. Did keep getting mad the whole time seeing Sebastian Stan and remembering that Favreau decided to have young Luke Skywalker played by a cartoon instead of just getting Bucky in a wig.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Falcon was meant to come out before Wanda as a more approachable introduction to the MCU streaming shows but Covid hosed things up and so they went with something a lot more confusing.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Skwirl posted:

Honest answer, i don't watch basketball. The last time i remember watching was when Jordan still played the second time, cause everyone in Chicago was.

swickles posted:

In my defense, i have an awful lotta painkillers in me at the moment

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oral Roberts. Really?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oral roberts

america's team

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The last time a 15 seed was this successful it was badass Florida Gulf Coast and Dunk City playing the most entertaining basketball possible. This time it’s a theocratic hellhole ruining everything.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Good thing Florida’s a football baseball softball school now. :colbert:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Americas Team is Loyola and their star player who looks like a 35 year old guy who plays basketball once a week at the Y.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Americas Team is Loyola and their star player who looks like a 35 year old guy who plays basketball once a week at the Y.

The Tournament Oaf is Good and Holy, Blessed Be

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/coreygriswold/status/1373780309846728707?s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Now I'm expecting this to come up in a Knowledge Fight episode this week because I'm sure Alex Jones is going to read some blurb about it and bitch about how they're trying to weaken men everywhere.

Jesus loving christ

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't sympathize with Dormer's actions but it's pretty easy to see how he got there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Username/post combo :stare:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/Cannibal/status/1373293795480113153?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

that's an oldie but one of the best. Figuring out why only the nut and bold are glowing is a challenging puzzle for the amateur electrician.