Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
wow it's almost like my post is coming true before my very eyes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah, who would have thunk that people would react negatively to your super antagonistic post? We got a real Nostradamus over here.

EDIT: On second reading, the response to your post was literally nothing like the dialogue you wrote for "McElroyfans" within it. So, this is all pretty strange.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 21, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Impermanent posted:

https://twitter.com/gill_zer0/status/1329192042866434048

is there some sort of thing about the mcelroys being troop loving libs out there? or is it just twitter "thing i dislike is like every other thing i dislike" i don't get it.

That clip is exactly why the best episodes have no questions, and live show questions were a plague.

As for politics, they will all vote for whoever is most vape friendly, apart from Travis who's probably really into Kamala Harris.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i absolutely do not give a poo poo if the mcelroys voted for Warren or sanders or Joe Biden during the 2020 democratic primary and obsessing over it strikes of a kind of weird obsessiveness with their lives tbqh

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Some of you need to take a step back and stop looking behind the curtain. You clearly don't know what to do with the information except get mad about it.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
i think the mcelroys have very normal political leanings. a lot of people are vaguely liberal. these beliefs do not align with mine exactly but sometimes i just want to be entertained by content without trying to find stuff to be mad about

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I don't give a poo poo if someone is Insufficiently Left as long as they're not an active piece of poo poo

If I limited my entertainment habits to things that aligned 100% with my politics I wouldn't be watching, listening, or playing much of anything

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Folks, that tweet was from last year and we already had this conversation about it about 3 times.

E - And yes amount of questions in an episode is inversely proportional to how good it is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what are my politics? oh you know, the normal stuff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i only like celebrities with abnormal politics, like someone who advocates for Zoroastrian theocracy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like questions and wish they'd do more of them instead of the dreaded Segments

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

weirdo brother who films his wife screaming at retail workers and posts the video on twitter is bad

#CBDefender

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alaois posted:

i only like celebrities with abnormal politics, like someone who advocates for Zoroastrian theocracy

ngl I'd listen to this person at least once

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
munch squad uber alles

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Impermanent posted:

munch squad uber alles

This is the most egregious post of the last two pages!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AndrewP posted:

I like questions and wish they'd do more of them instead of the dreaded Segments

I like questions and segments, I wish they'd stop doing interviews

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1v5U6pYkY

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I like questions and segments, I wish they'd stop doing interviews

:hmmyes:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
All three brothers are incredibly pro-union, which puts them miles ahead of most vaguely progressive celebrities. Don't know where anyone is getting the idea that they're libs, beyond they said to vote Biden once the primary was over, which is an issue that split even the most online leftist circles.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, I really don't know why they seem to now view doing questions and even Yahoos as some kind of dreadful obligation to be actively avoided, when they're still consistently way better sources of funny material than any of the recurring bits.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
unions just give legitimacy to and fatten the amerikkkan labor aristocracy so being pro union is actually liberal.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I always figured that they do fewer questions and yahoos because they're running out of unique answers to give for them. There's only so many times you can drag someone's relative or friend for having some silly little quirk, and not every yahoo is actionable. They've been going for 10 years with this.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Sankis posted:

They are very liberal (*especially* Travis). Any movement to the left seems a more recent thing. Just listen to an older episode to hear them make riding with biden jokes or whatever.

MBMBAM 525 posted:

Travis: I would—this is a reminder that, you know, we got an election coming up. If you‘re not registered to vote, you need to get registered to vote. You‘re gonna wanna request that mail-in ballot as soon as you can. Make sure that you check what the state laws where you are about mail-in ballots are, and then send them in as soon as you can. And then you‘re gonna wanna vote... for the guy who‘s not Donald Trump.

Griffin: That—that‘s Joe—that‘s Joseph Gordon Biden.

Travis: Joseph Gordon Biden.

Justin: [wheezes]

Griffin: [laughs] That‘s the name that is on the ballot, it says Joseph Gordon Biden on it.

MBMBAM 527 posted:

Travis: Uh, also, we got some good new merch up there at the McElroyMerch.com store, including some bee pins that represent the three of us, and our dad as a horrible bee monster. So make sure you check that out. Don‘t forget to get registered to vote, and vote early, and make sure you uh, do some research on local elections, cause you know, it starts local, then moves up the chain. Plus, there‘s a lot of, uh, senate seats up for grabs. And then, uh, vote for Joe Biden.
look at these neolib shills. these centrist cucks. ride or die biden bros

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 22, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

well why not posted:

That clip is exactly why the best episodes have no questions, and live show questions were a plague.

The question in that clip, in addition to being an embarrassing attempt at humor, bears no similarity to any question that’s been asked on the program in more than like 8 years. If you want to burn someone it at least has to hit a little bit close to home.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

The question in that clip, in addition to being an embarrassing attempt at humor, bears no similarity to any question that’s been asked on the program in more than like 8 years. If you want to burn someone it at least has to hit a little bit close to home.

its very funny

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Blockhouse posted:

ngl I'd listen to this person at least once

You haven't heard of Freddie Mercury?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Alaois posted:

its very funny

To someone who’s never heard a joke before maybe

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Normal people: What if the guy who posts liberal "no homos" on twitter

“normal people” don’t use the word ‘liberal’ as a pejorative

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Sivart13 posted:

I was not referring to that. I was specifically referring to years ago when they'd be making Onion style badass, cool biden references.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Bonaventure posted:

“normal people” don’t use the word ‘liberal’ as a pejorative

If you don’t understand the difference between a liberal and a leftist by now, that’s on you mate

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

If you don’t understand the difference between a liberal and a leftist by now, that’s on you mate

what a strange nonsequitur

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
no one posting in this thread is normal lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

what a strange nonsequitur

that skull looks like a real idiot

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

lmao are you doing a bit

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ok Comboomer posted:

lmao are you doing a bit

He's right?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Sankis posted:

I was not referring to that. I was specifically referring to years ago when they'd be making Onion style badass, cool biden references.

again, who loving cares? what does this have to do with any of the current content on the show

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Travis psychically senses when people are upset with him which makes him freak out. If he has a heated gamer moment today or tomorrow than I'm blaming the thread.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Travis is cool because he wants to push Ted Cruz into an open grave. Just, you know, hypothetically.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sivart13 posted:

You forgot one.

quote:

Hope you enjoy the experience of simply cybersex blast off into cybersex Joe Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked the part when Travis wore a piss shirt to an interview about the trolls movie