Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Even the PGA is dunking on Florida

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1373814615096881152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
what is going on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ok, for true psycho material schools we only have Baylor, Abiline Christian and Oral Roberts left

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1373023031006789632?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bip Roberts posted:

Ok, for true psycho material schools we only have Baylor, Abiline Christian and Oral Roberts left

Baylor and ACU are fairly liberal, at least if we’re comparing to Oral Roberts or Liberty or Bob Jones.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we got an all OSU battle on our hands

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Battle for the definite article.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that oral roberts watch party they kept showing me brings to mind that it must be tough going to a place that does not believe in masks or social distancing but also punishes premarital sex or even canoodling

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

General Dog posted:

Baylor and ACU are fairly liberal, at least if we’re comparing to Oral Roberts or Liberty or Bob Jones.

Baylor’s not quite there but they’re real easy to hate given that they covered up sexual assaults and hired noted shithead Kenneth Starr as their president

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Baylor’s not quite there but they’re real easy to hate given that they covered up sexual assaults and hired noted shithead Kenneth Starr as their president

Umm they covered up rapes and murder.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

R.D. Mangles posted:

An all black and orange OSU! Let's Go Beavers.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

From the official Oral Roberts conduct code

quote:

Social Dancing
The ORU administration recognizes that opinions vary among Christians as to the propriety of social dancing. However, the following official University policy has been established: social dancing is not permitted on campus, and members of the student body are prohibited from using ORU’s name in planning or sponsoring social dances of any kind off campus.

e:

quote:

Personal Behavior
Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of integrity, honesty, modesty and morality. Honesty and honor constitute measures of individual worth. Certain behaviors are expressly prohibited in Scripture and therefore should be avoided by members of the University community. They include theft, lying, dishonesty, gossip, slander, backbiting, profanity, vulgarity (including crude language), sexual promiscuity (including adultery, any homosexual behavior, premarital sex), drunkenness, immodesty of dress and occult practices. The Scriptures further teach that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; it should be treated at all times with utmost respect and care to avoid personal harm. Students may not frequent or work at places of entertainment or other places the nature or reputation of which might bring discredit to the student or University. Students who disobey these University rules are subject to automatic suspension.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Dave Bliss

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Ah poo poo, it's the only time of year I have to vaguely care about Gonzaga again

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bliss has worked since in basketball. The whistleblower was shunned out of the game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Reminder that Oral Roberts was up 10 at halftime on Arkansas in Fayetteville this year so combine with how slow Arkansas has started, they could jump out to a big lead in the first half next week. Won’t make a prediction about end of the game but any bettors my consider taking ORU first half

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

General Dog posted:

i do remember someone on EDSBS once talking about how a friend who lived in Abilene said that a lot of restaurants there will serve "ACU iced teas", which is beer poured into a red plastic water/tea glass

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rPQYQkvNGQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the official dance of illini legend "chainsaw" nick smith

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Troy Queef posted:

i do remember someone on EDSBS once talking about how a friend who lived in Abilene said that a lot of restaurants there will serve "ACU iced teas", which is beer poured into a red plastic water/tea glass

It’s Church of Christ affiliated, which is the one that traditionally doesn’t allow any musical instruments to be used in worship service. Not sure if that’s still their stance or not.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

you just know there are hella occult practices going on though

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

General Dog posted:

It’s Church of Christ affiliated, which is the one that traditionally doesn’t allow any musical instruments to be used in worship service. Not sure if that’s still their stance or not.

wasn't aware of that as someone raised Catholic, but most of my (all-boys) high school college basketball discussions revolved around which urban Jesuit college was the most annoying and why it was Creighton

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
we didn't deserve that at all but HOUSTON FUCKIN COUGARS

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

wasn't aware of that as someone raised Catholic, but most of my (all-boys) high school college basketball discussions revolved around which urban Jesuit college was the most annoying and why it was Creighton

Fordham is the correct answer to that question

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well gee golly it sure was nice of Nova to let us have a lead in this game, even briefly

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How did everyone so dramatically underrate the PAC-12?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God drat, Beavs

Kirios posted:

How did everyone so dramatically underrated the PAC-12?

Because they've been dogshit as a power conference for years

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cade is not having a good game, as demonstrated by him getting his shot blocked and then immediately giving up a 3 on the other end

OK State really gonna need him to step up soon or Bid Thief Oregon State are gonna run away with this

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Villanova is doing a murder.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Beavs ftmfw

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

This

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP UNT

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm not full "just happy to be here," I'm obviously sad, but I can't be that upset when this team did something none before had ever done.

Wanted some more magic tonight, but the well had run dry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can’t get behind Oral Roberts like I could with Dunk loving City. Cant do it.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Well, thanks for letting us know.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dying at "wayne tinkle"

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

dying at "wayne tinkle"

Father of nba gleague player tres tinkle

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the beauty of march madness is that every possession counts so much because it can take 5-6 minutes for a team to score a point

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
C A D E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after watching one half of a cade cunningham game i was ready to declare him A Fraud but now that i have watched an additional 10 minutes, i've determined that he is good, now the last 10 minutes are about whether he has The Look or if he knows the Secret of Basketball