Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

they managed to find worse mods than the guy who probed people for "2016 primary salt"
good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SA forums rn
https://twitter.com/NicXTempore/status/1373691318208245764?s=20

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Doesn't have the cops swoop in and arrest one side of the debate so actually a more even discourse than CSPAM

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Cerebral Bore posted:

mod no: denying chinese concentration camps

mod yes: denying us concentration camps

Raskolnikov38 posted:

make homeex an admin again against his will

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I am sympathetic to Uyghurs who have been put into reeducation camps on flimsy charges but christ, Turkish nationalists are something else entirely

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Yossarian-22 posted:

I am sympathetic to Uyghurs who have been put into reeducation camps on flimsy charges but

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

drat I walked right into that one. Nice

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Trash Ops posted:

shut the gently caress up pedo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1371834326539759616?s=20

the AFL-CIA is back

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao at being probed and still coming to the forums to use your buttons.
a forum cop's forum cop

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can we please choose our mods instead of whoever is acceptable to the mods and admins and d&d posters

unlikely, given that upwards of one of the administrators is hostile to us and has handed down heavy handed retribution in defense of his fragile sense of self esteem

seeing as how this website ain't a democracy, if The Management has it in for us, we don't have a lot of options

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im going on strike. i am going to cease making good posts until they give us what we want

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

im going on strike. i am going to cease making good posts until they give us what we want

I will join this lumpenprole peoples action

Refusing to give what I never offered

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
i'm guessing the mods think they're doing the equivalent of probating or banning people for holocaust denial or similar hate speech. personally i think it's fine to just evacuate that kind of thing from the forums by executive fiat; the real question is how to get across the idea that they are unknowingly furthering racism when they think they're quashing it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

they have remained silent on the issue of supporting genociders obama and biden or defending american concentration camps as not concentration camps

:iiam:

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Didn't realize CSPAM had enough mods to put on a parade

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
also, very normal some of them have printed placards about destroying the CCP. just have some Uighur flags lying around

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

i'm guessing the mods think they're doing the equivalent of probating or banning people for holocaust denial or similar hate speech. personally i think it's fine to just evacuate that kind of thing from the forums by executive fiat; the real question is how to get across the idea that they are unknowingly furthering racism when they think they're quashing it

i think the mods aren't actually scholars in any meaningful sense and so are falling back on cultural knowledge which is ultimately whatever the state department says

and state does not care at all what's true or just. countries that are majority slave states are good because of realpolitik. brutally murder and chop a journalist up in an embassy? bomb & starve a nation? just a whoopsy doodle because of oil and arms sales

this is to say i think it's foolish to think you'll reason anyone out of this one. no power means no one has to really listen. you'd be asking someone to believe that the news & gov't & media are full of poo poo, and that's not something you logic someone into

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
how many Turkic flash mobs does DC have

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

they have remained silent on the issue of supporting genociders obama and biden or defending american concentration camps as not concentration camps

:iiam:

Nah lol they just said mods can make whatever rules they want for their subforums, ignored my question about d&d and then called me insane and threatened to ban me for not thinking it's cool to fantasize about baby blowjobs. You know, normal mod stuff.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Lasting Damage posted:

also, very normal some of them have printed placards about destroying the CCP. just have some Uighur flags lying around

It's probably not THAT hard to get flags off Amazon or whatever.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the mods don't actually hold strong convictions on this but are too cowardly to tell off dipshit forum karens bleating about this being a genocide denier forum

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

what a loving garbage organization for the labor movement worldwide

weren't they the ones who tried to coopt the Oakland longshoremen into standing down from striking because they entered negotiations without their union consenting to do so?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ram dass in hell posted:

Nah lol they just said mods can make whatever rules they want for their subforums, ignored my question about d&d and then called me insane and threatened to ban me for not thinking it's cool to fantasize about baby blowjobs. You know, normal mod stuff.

weird, i didn't know that'd be a third rail for SA forums politics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CYBEReris posted:

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the mods don't actually hold strong convictions on this but are too cowardly to tell off dipshit forum karens bleating about this being a genocide denier forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLT2erau3zo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

CYBEReris posted:

the mod of the feedback forum posts hitler poo poo in cspam lmao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

THS posted:

First youd have to start XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

apropos to nothing posted:

the CCP has imo used the war on terror to escalate the repression of muslim minorities in xinjiang for decades.

You should be more specific with this, because even the Xinjiang scholars who've gone all-in on the genocide designation have no problem saying things were much better before 2009.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Algund Eenboom posted:

got his rear end

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Algund Eenboom posted:

scab

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Prince Myshkin posted:

You should be more specific with this, because even the Xinjiang scholars who've gone all-in on the genocide designation have no problem saying things were much better before 2009.

That would be 1.2 decades so: technically correct

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

exmarx posted:

the most basic rule of forums moderation is "don't punish people for making fun of you", it's insane how often people don't follow it.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Algund Eenboom posted:

look at this loving scab

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Brain Candy posted:

i think the mods aren't actually scholars in any meaningful sense and so are falling back on cultural knowledge which is ultimately whatever the state department says

and state does not care at all what's true or just. countries that are majority slave states are good because of realpolitik. brutally murder and chop a journalist up in an embassy? bomb & starve a nation? just a whoopsy doodle because of oil and arms sales

this is to say i think it's foolish to think you'll reason anyone out of this one. no power means no one has to really listen. you'd be asking someone to believe that the news & gov't & media are full of poo poo, and that's not something you logic someone into

yeah that's the problem. this stuff isn't completely beyond the reach of measured discussion but rowing against the current of ideological consensus is very difficult

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how many Turkic flash mobs does DC have

apparently this was organized by a DC nonprofit called national awakening: http://nationalawakening.org

it is run by Salih Hudayar, the 27-year old president in exile (unelected) of east Turkestan

fun facts:

- The University of Oklahoma (BS in International Studies and Political Science)
- Masters in National Security Studies, American Military University (ongoing)
- Oklahoma Army National Guard, Private First Class, 179th Infantry Regiment
- From a business family
-Senior capstone: “From Central Asia to the Uyghurs: Refining the American Grand Strategy."

quote:

In the summer of 2017, Hudayar founded the East Turkistan National Awakening Movement and moved from Oklahoma to Washington, DC to engage in human rights and political advocacy.[13] He is widely known as the Founder and President of the East Turkistan National Awakening Movement. In early 2018, Hudayar began to meet with members of Congress and advocate for the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act and since June 4, 2018, he has led weekly demonstrations in front of the US Capitol building and the White House to protest China's policy in Xinjiang.

What a go-getter!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

someone called him the Uighur Guaido, and hell, I'm inclined to believe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
going great

https://twitter.com/ETAwakening/status/1373829566024794113

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DC has regular pro-Uyghur independence demos.
https://twitter.com/dc4_hk/status/1372303132789723138?s=20
https://twitter.com/ETAwakening/status/1372610059218382848?s=20
https://twitter.com/CAIRNational/status/1114705908997730306?s=20
https://twitter.com/jan97554567/status/1337208425617498112?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Victory Position posted:

someone called him the Uighur Guaido, and hell, I'm inclined to believe

it was the first thing to come across my mind lmao