Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Antivehicular posted:

I kind of want this, just because I think ice pyramids could be kind of badass. Is that wrong?

I think it'd feel pretty cool to chill in your swank 70s pad drinking a Tom Collins with ice pyramids in it. And like I said, at least you're getting something for your money compared to the House of Collingwood's other offerings:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Thundarr the Barbarian and friends

vs.

Statue of Liberty animated by the forces of darkness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzli2zajH7Q

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
*statue of liberty rises with the deep rumble of a creaky floorboard*

"Aw gently caress better swing my tiny sword at it way over here!"

God I love these old hanna barbera action shows.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Happy 100th Birthday to one of the greats:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dude's a legend. Him and Sergio, still going.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The early 90's were a dark time (culturally), yet still extremely bright (literally).

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
yeah if you were a square!

this is what the COOL KIDS wanted to look like

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sassy was the best young lady magazine

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I wore one of these in the early 90's:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Drug rug is the best name for an article of clothing

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yup.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gutter Phoenix posted:

The early 90's were a dark time (culturally), yet still extremely bright (literally).

God, yes. I fell down an eBay hole a few nights ago, looking at Pogs, and the sheer saturation of neon and mid-'90's "cool" imagery was kind of dizzying.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
When are the 90s coming back?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
We just had a huge populist president defraud the and destroy social programs, and a hip new president that's immediately firing it's cool people that are just too hip to defend.

Meanwhile animation is in a new golden age!

Seems to me the nineties are back!

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 20, 2021

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Just crank up some Ugly Kid Joe, pop in your Wayne's World VHS, and party the gently caress on

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Ace of Base were nazis, right?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Ace of Base were nazis, right?

Yes, and?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah the 90s and 20s are really good for cryptofascism.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I wore one of these in the early 90's:

i'm almost positive i still have one of these hanging in my closet

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Any idea what these little books are called? Years back I saw a great article about the cover art but I’m failing at googling.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

ˇˇˇHistorietas Sensacionales!!!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks!! $250 is pretty steep but that is one sensational trailer

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just remembered these weird Mexican newspapers they used to sell at some newsstands in the NY subway. They weren’t really covering news, it would be page after page of bullet ridden bodies in pools of blood and fancy gangster funerals. Excellent train ride entertainment.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Speaking of Mad Magazine, my old magazine collection had a crossover event.

Yes, that's William M. Gaines in National Geographic.

He was a collector of Statue of Liberty memorabilia and was photographed for the 1986 article about the statue's restoration.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

They really did draw him accurately didn’t they?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

That is awesome. Bill Gaines was a weird and cool guy. I know I've mentioned his 70's biography here before, but it's worth a read if you can find a copy.

The first time I ever went to New York (and the only time I've ever gone to the Statue of Liberty) was on a family vacation in 1985 (I think). It was being renovated and the torch was off limits.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87rvCPViQ

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fornax Disaster posted:

Speaking of Mad Magazine, my old magazine collection had a crossover event.

Yes, that's William M. Gaines in National Geographic.

He was a collector of Statue of Liberty memorabilia and was photographed for the 1986 article about the statue's restoration.
That looks eerily like my grandpa's bedroom and also Gaines looks eerily like my grandpa. :catstare:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix posted:

ˇˇˇHistorietas Sensacionales!!!

Is the parrot opening or closing the curtain? And if closing, on which side does it intend to be once the curtain is closed?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nessus posted:

That looks eerily like my grandpa's bedroom and also Gaines looks eerily like my grandpa. :catstare:

If he was in tidey whities mine too.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Tidey whities? I thought it was tighty whities.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

Tidey whities? I thought it was tighty whities.

"Tidey Whities" are what I wear during my cult's weekly mass-weddings on the beach during low tide when we all eat delicious Tide Pods© and wait for the rising waters to take us to King Neptune's Underwater Sex Lair©.

Good times!©

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

gleebster posted:

Is the parrot opening or closing the curtain? And if closing, on which side does it intend to be once the curtain is closed?

The parrot is the dude's pimp, making sure that greasy man-whore properly services the lady truck driver.

Lot Lizards 4 Lyfe!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

The parrot is the dude's pimp, making sure that greasy man-whore properly services the lady truck driver.

Lot Lizards 4 Lyfe!

Friends of the Road

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gutter Phoenix posted:

"Tidey Whities" are what I wear during my cult's weekly mass-weddings on the beach during low tide when we all eat delicious Tide Pods© and wait for the rising waters to take us to King Neptune's Underwater Sex Lair©.

Good times!©

y'all ever rumble with the Aqua Buddha© crew?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I've got good news for those midweek blues!

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1377077271811432451?s=20

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

3,000 for only a nickel?! That's just $0.0016 a smile!

When adjusted for inflation, 5 cents is worth $1.33 today. Divide that by 3,000 and you see that the cost of has dropped to $0.0004 per smile.

Progress? You be the judge of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Mods rename me The Gay-Ola Prodigy